Newcastle want Mendes

On skysports news that one of the papers (the mirror) is saying joe kinear now wants to take mendes back to the premiership. And i wouldn't be a bit surprised if smith and murray sell mendes and keep ferguson. And if they do i'm finished with rangers and i'm sure a lot of fans will be too

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Harry wants Mendes back at Spurs so don't be surprised if a bidding war starts plus your probably right about them keeping Ferguson.

Shocking if he keeps an overrated greedy bastard ahead of an actual quality player in Mendes

mirror says:-

Newcastle to bring Pedro Mendes back to Britain for £1.5m Exclusive by Alan Nixon 6/01/2009

Newcastle United boss Joe Kinnear is making a move to bring Pedro Mendes back to the Premier League.

Kinnear has asked Rangers - via an agent - if he can take the former Portsmouth and Tottenham midfielder on loan with a view to a £1.5million move.

Mendes has done well for the Glasgow club since joining from Pompey in August, but Kinnear has heard he is interested in coming back to England for a better standard of football.

Rangers are under pressure to trim their wage bill and offload players, but they would want a guaranteed sale for Mendes if Newcastle come up with the cash up front.

Mendes, twice capped by Portugal, would give the Magpies some much-needed options in central midfield.

Rangers are also a target for Bradford City boss Stuart McCall, who is returning to his old club to try to snap up right-back Jordan McMillan in a cut-price deal.

The teenager has been told he can leave Ibrox and is wanted on loan by Scottish Premier League rivals Hamilton Academical, but McCall hopes to talk him into coming to England. The Bantams already have McMillan's friend Dean Furman on an extended loan and he is also pushing their case to the Glasgow youngster.

mirror says:-

Newcastle to bring Pedro Mendes back to Britain for £1.5m Exclusive by Alan Nixon 6/01/2009

Newcastle United boss Joe Kinnear is making a move to bring Pedro Mendes back to the Premier League.

Kinnear has asked Rangers - via an agent - if he can take the former Portsmouth and Tottenham midfielder on loan with a view to a £1.5million move.

Mendes has done well for the Glasgow club since joining from Pompey in August, but Kinnear has heard he is interested in coming back to England for a better standard of football.

Rangers are under pressure to trim their wage bill and offload players, but they would want a guaranteed sale for Mendes if Newcastle come up with the cash up front.

Mendes, twice capped by Portugal, would give the Magpies some much-needed options in central midfield.

Rangers are also a target for Bradford City boss Stuart McCall, who is returning to his old club to try to snap up right-back Jordan McMillan in a cut-price deal.

The teenager has been told he can leave Ibrox and is wanted on loan by Scottish Premier League rivals Hamilton Academical, but McCall hopes to talk him into coming to England. The Bantams already have McMillan's friend Dean Furman on an extended loan and he is also pushing their case to the Glasgow youngster.

Loan then £1.5m move....Get me some of Joes crack

:mutley::mutley::mutley::mutley::mutley:

More journalistic rubbish, can't even tell the difference between Britain and England, even the most cynical fan must realise how much tosh this is, allow a player we spent £3 million on to go out on loan and then sell for £1.5 million, someone who was also recalled to the Portugal squad after signing for Rangers. :

Maybe the paper got it wrong and they are actually after McCulloch! :mutley:

More journalistic rubbish, can't even tell the difference between Britain and England, even the most cynical fan must realise how much tosh this is, allow a player we spent £3 million on to go out on loan and then sell for £1.5 million, someone who was also recalled to the Portugal squad after signing for Rangers. :

You could understand their confusion, they are very similar players. :craphead:

Or they put a dot in by accident and are wanting Mendes for £15M.

Plausible considering some down south consider Brown to be worth £9M.

:craphead:

Back to 'Britain' :mutley:

Newcastle to bring Pedro Mendes back to Britain for £1.5m

Exclusive by Alan Nixon 6/01/2009

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21019516/

On skysports news that one of the papers (the mirror) is saying joe kinear now wants to take mendes back to the premiership. And i wouldn't be a bit surprised if smith and murray sell mendes and keep ferguson. And if they do i'm finished with rangers and i'm sure a lot of fans will be too

yeah that would sicken big time if that happened .....and have serious repercussions

am also getting sick of Kinnear spouting off rumours about so many OF players

he can get lost...what is he up to

Thats some piece of shit by the Mirror - £1.5M for a player we paid £3M for 6 months ago - and first pick and they want him on loan! Perhaps they got the decimal point wrong and its £15M :lol: - seems a smelly article to me!

"FANS"

I say if we get offered anywhere in the region of £3m we sell !!

As i've said in previous posts regarding the centre of midfield I see Davis and either of Ferguson or Mendes as the best partnership. This gives us a much more balanced midfield as Mendes and Ferguson are far too similar and pretty much do the same job, so the more direct Davis is needed in there rather than on the right hand side where he is wasted. So it would make more sense if one has to go to get rid of Mendes rather than our captain and cash in while he is still worth something. (I see Thomson as the long term replacement for Ferguson anyway).

The money could then be used to either bring in a new winger (ideally we need two) but I have more chance of winning the Lotto than Walter buying two wingers. The priority has to be the left hand side with Novo able to cover down the right, with the posibility of Burke finding some form (although I aint holding out much hope).

I say if we get offered anywhere in the region of £3m we sell !!

As i've said in previous posts regarding the centre of midfield I see Davis and either of Ferguson or Mendes as the best partnership. This gives us a much more balanced midfield as Mendes and Ferguson are far too similar and pretty much do the same job, so the more direct Davis is needed in there rather than on the right hand side where he is wasted. So it would make more sense if one has to go to get rid of Mendes rather than our captain and cash in while he is still worth something. (I see Thomson as the long term replacement for Ferguson anyway).

The money could then be used to either bring in a new winger (ideally we need two) but I have more chance of winning the Lotto than Walter buying two wingers. The priority has to be the left hand side with Novo able to cover down the right, with the posibility of Burke finding some form (although I aint holding out much hope).

It's convenient that your defence for Ferguson is that he is 'our captain' whilst ignoring the fact he isn't even in the same hemisphere as Mendes as a player these days. :D

£3M for arguably the SPL's player of the season that will most likely be put towards a bid for a poor mans Kris Commons in Andy Driver. Madness.

The Mirror article is total fabrication in any case. I've no idea how the story made SSN, though.