Best player in the last five years

rangerswatp

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Novo, consistantly delivered the goods, and at an absolute bargain price!

novo is one of the worst actaul footballers i have seen in a rangers shirt. . . bags of enthusiam and pace with no tocu habilty to pass finish or so anything

until tht run on sat he lost the ball everytime he touch and his pass to davis wasnt ment to go there davis rectified it!

Probably Novo, consistantly delivered the goods, and at an absolute bargain price!

novo is one of the worst actaul footballers i have seen in a rangers shirt. . . bags of enthusiam and pace with no tocu habilty to pass finish or so anything

until tht run on sat he lost the ball everytime he touch and his pass to davis wasnt ment to go there davis rectified it!

No ability to finish? Are you sure about that one?

Utter rubbish doh

I'm surprised so many have said Ferguson. Last season his performances were below average, and I don't believe he can take credit for 'leading' the team to a European final. A player of his age and experience should not be kicking the ball away and getting himself suspended for the first leg of a semi-final.

My vote would go to Novo, but over the past 5 years there are no standouts, unfortunately. There are definitely others with more ability, but have spent too little time here to be considered the best, in my opinion. If Davis stays for long enough he could be leading the polls in the next 5 years though.

Either Cuellar, Ferguson or Prso. Wouldn't be pushing for any of them to be in the Hall of Fame though. It's a joke Fergie's in it

Ferguson has played 300 or so league games for the club, as well as 82 European games and however many cup games. He has been captain for quite a few seasons, as well as for the international team, who he has played nearly 50 times for.

He's also won many player of the season awards.

Exactly which part of that is a joke?

Either Cuellar, Ferguson or Prso. Wouldn't be pushing for any of them to be in the Hall of Fame though. It's a joke Fergie's in it

Ferguson has played 300 or so league games for the club, as well as 82 European games and however many cup games. He has been captain for quite a few seasons, as well as for the international team, who he has played nearly 50 times for.

He's also won many player of the season awards.

Exactly which part of that is a joke?

Spot on mate!

Ferguson is exactly the kind of player who should be in the hall of fame!

Has to be Ferguson IMHO with Dado second and Novo 3rd.

Hutton had an excellent March to January but was lucky to be valued at £90k when Smith took over never mind £9million.

Fergie was a major factor in Helicopter Season IMHO. He has had to play with diddies all around him for the last while, though i agree he hasnt come anywhere close to his capabilities in the last 9 months IMHO.

Dado was a great player and character and wee Novo has the hardest ticket of anyone at Ibrox just now. (tu)

Arteta, Arveladze, Cuellar, Ferguson, Hutton would be my shortlist based purely on talent and the ability to get you out your seat. Granted Ferguson has not been as good in the last five years as he was in his first spell at the club.

While Prso had a lot of great performances, he had a lot of well below par performances as well, and often refused to shoot at goal, especially when we were struggling in games. I found him very frustrating. Novo has heart but is only an impact player. He has only shown consistency in one season, his first season and even then scored about 90% of his goals in about 4 months and had very lean spells before and after that spell.

The one thing that sticks out more than anything else is however that we have had a real dearth of quailty players in the last five years during the Murray downsizing years. A lot more journeymen pros. Any talent has been sold as quickly as possible, thus not being able to become legends.

Prso. He dragged us through so many games singlehanded in his last season.

Prso at best a decent player,who has "dragged us through' (whatever that means) :unsure: a fraction of the games that Barry has.Some of you guys have such short memories. :rolleyes: