Barrie McKay...

graeme_4

My uncle was talking to a youth palyers dad at the brechin game & he was saying apparently Arsenal have been all over him for a year or two now but won't take a chance on him because he has a bad HIP!!! lol, most probably just pish but if the wee man ends up out the game for a couple of months with a fucked Hip you heard it here first.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My uncle was talking to a youth palyers dad at the brechin game & he was saying apparently Arsenal have been all over him for a year or two now but won't take a chance on him because he has a bad HIP!!! lol, most probably just pish but if the wee man ends up out the game for a couple of months with a fucked Hip you heard it here first.

We signed him because Kilmarnock released him due to hip problems and they weren't willing to risk offering him a full time contract

If any hald decent English outfit come in for any of our players then they will be off, that's just the way of it.

I fail to see why his contract has been allowed to run down this much though, do we not learn from past mistakes or something?

A 17 year old who stands out in a team mostly made up of SPL and international players is always going to get attention.

We need to offer him a good contract asap, i would hope this is just paper talk and the Sun is known for random shots in the dark now and then, but if our younger players do well then we all know how the EPL and Championship clubs work, sign a load of young lads on 10k + and if a few make it then its considered good business and the rest get discarded into League1 or League2.

That's what people said about Hutton, Wilson, Naismith & Jelavic too.

Oh I believe the contract situation it's more the connection.

And we don't know what's in the pipeline concerning these guys at the club, the article will certainly have people questioning the club again though.

I'm sure Super Ally has already thought of this and I'm sure they are already trying to come up with a new contract for the young man.

To be fair to the experts on here they really really know thr stuff when it comes to past criticism I just don't see how they think it's the same old with our new regime.

Your right thr will be plenty goings on behind thr scenes but plz let people think we are amateurs.

Did they not all sign new contracts when transferring over to the newco? If so, why was it only a one year deal signed?

As many have said, we may as well wish him luck. It takes a real special 17 year old to make it at these teams. He'll never get a better chance at as big a club as us at this stage of his career. But at the same time, I have very few doubts he'd turn either down.

We signed him because Kilmarnock released him due to hip problems and they weren't willing to risk offering him a full time contract

A 17 year old with a dodgy hip, FFS ive heard it all now!

Look at Brazilian legend Garincha, his feet were so fucked up he had to wear his left boot on his right and his right on his left.

Seriously tho, the fact we let these boys contracts get to this stage is a disgrace. :mad:

A 17 year old with a dodgy hip, FFS ive heard it all now!

Look at Brazilian legend Garincha, his feet were so fucked up he had to wear his left boot on his right and his right on his left.

Seriously tho, the fact we let these boys contracts get to this stage is a disgrace. :mad:

Half our players seem to do the same.

If any hald decent English outfit come in for any of our players then they will be off, that's just the way of it.

I fail to see why his contract has been allowed to run down this much though, do we not learn from past mistakes or something?

A 17 year old who stands out in a team mostly made up of SPL and international players is always going to get attention.

To be fair we weren't in much of a position to renew contracts during administration, and how big a role he'd have was never going to be certain until our league situation was sorted.

Did they not all sign new contracts when transferring over to the newco? If so, why was it only a one year deal signed?

As many have said, we may as well wish him luck. It takes a real special 17 year old to make it at these teams. He'll never get a better chance at as big a club as us at this stage of his career. But at the same time, I have very few doubts he'd turn either down.

Not new contracts no, their contracts on the exact same terms, including length, were transferred over.

Any extension is a separate thing, you can't change terms of employment during TUPE.

You've missed the point.

I was meaning people said that when they were all linked with moves away.

People on here were calling it mischief making by the press, why would these guys leave when they can become legends here, bet this is bullshit, yadda, yadda, yadda and in every single one of the examples I named the player either downed tools or made it clear that they wanted to go the second a concrete bid came in.

I don't think I have.

The people you mentioned were all far more established players and a move for them by Everton or someone was hardly unlikely or a surprise. I don't think there is nearly enough evidence that Mckay has shown that would make Everton interested. That said, i wouldn't rule it out as he has shown potential... although no doubt it'd be another Danny Wilson :rolleyes: