Your relationship to the national team

Thermopylae

87 members have voted

1. 1. Are you pleased that Scotland are not going to Brazil 2014?

• Yes ... Scotland are the SFA works team and after all they have done to us I just can't support them
    • No ... I'm Scottish and the national team always comes first
    • Somewhere in between the two

Let's not kid ourselves, Scotland were never going to qualify for Brazil ahead of Belgium and Croatia.

However, the fact we can't beat Wales sums it all up for me. Supporting the National Team does not necessarily mean you are supporting the Football Association of the country.

I wouldn't consider myself a 'Scotland supporter'. I don't have much time at all for International football and in fact I lost interest in this year's Euros. However, I would like to see the National team do well while being realistic that we will probably never qualify for a major tournament in my life time.. Which is another 70 years if things go well :lol:

Tonight's result was unacceptable. The fact Levein didn't push on and press for a winner (or more) and kill Wales off disgusted me. Why he persists with the 1 up front tactic I do not know.

I was glad to see Fletcher come back in to the fold, both of them for that matter, and felt that maybe this was the turning point for the Nation and Levein's fortunes. Sadly, it wasn't.

Fletcher's goal was perfectly fine, couldn't see anything wrong with it. Doesn't make the result acceptable though and in my opinion Levein must go.

He won't though due to the incompetency of the SFA, but that's life I suppose and it's them who is killing the country's game off more and more each day.

I hate how Rangers fans still want this shower of shite to do well even though we all know whats happened over the last 8 months.

Awryt we might be Scottish but that doesn't mean you have to care about the national team.

Do u think when Rangers were in the Uefa cup final the rest of Scotland wanted us to do well? Did they fuck and when we asked the SFA to put back one of our games they said no.

But the russian FA allowed there best side in there country the time off.

FUCK THEM!

They are getting what they deserve .

It is blatently obvious that its no surprise the National side are doomed to failure.

The way people are running our hame is absolutely tragic.

We need reconstruction ,and investment now ie facilities , coaching and a total change of those running the SFA.

We didn't qualify out of the last group which was easy so how could anyone think we were going to qualify from this one which is difficult

Perhaps not but the first three games should have yielded better than 2 points for some chance to be given, not even played the two best sides in the group yet.

However, thankfully I do not care. I just need to compare the feeling of last Saturday to know.

Perhaps not but the first three games should have yielded better than 2 points for some chance to be given, not even played the two best sides in the group yet.

However, thankfully I do not care. I just need to compare the feeling of last Saturday to know.

I think unlike the qualifying group for the Euro's there just aren't any weak teams in this group

I gave up during the Andy Roxburgh years after attending most home games in the 70s and 80s, probably because I thought the manager was a fanny.

Gave it another go in the early 00's but felt the support had changed so much I had nothing in common with them, and I was uncomfortable sitting among them.

Since then I have been completely uninterested, some times I have honestly been unaware that the national team have even been playing.

Was out in the city centre tonight, and watched the game in a pub. My mates were a lot more interested than I was, at times my attention wandered to the other screen to check how much the Germans were beating the Fenians by. After the game there was a lot of angst among the clientele but I must admit I found it extremely difficult to give a shit.

I gave up during the Andy Roxburgh years after attending most home games in the 70s and 80s, probably because I thought the manager was a fanny.

Gave it another go in the early 00's but felt the support had changed so much I had nothing in common with them, and I was uncomfortable sitting among them.

Since then I have been completely uninterested, some times I have honestly been unaware that the national team have even been playing.

Was out in the city centre tonight, and watched the game in a pub. My mates were a lot more interested than I was, at times my attention wandered to the other screen to check how much the Germans were beating the Fenians by. After the game there was a lot of angst among the clientele but I must admit I found it extremely difficult to give a shit.

Exact same for me.

I have no issue with the players who are picked irrespective of the clubs they play for.

I have an issue with the way we have been treated going back to the UEFA final in thinking about it probably back to the witch hunt against Souness and Duncan Ferguson.

I have an issue with the Tartan Army and the mouthpieces who claim to represent them.

Do I want to see them get beat, probably not do I want to see them win probably, does it upset me if the lose, not at all.

I would say indifference is where I sit.

They need to get rid of the whole lot of them including the Levein team and start again.

I've never wanted them to lose but recent events have greatly diminished my passion for the national team. The SFA being hideously corrupt and doing their best to turn us into a mere shadow on the domestic football landscape, coupled with the idiotic booing and small minded hatred of 'the English' from a large proportion of the fans took it's toll.

But just like I didn't stop supporting Rangers just because I disagreed with who was running the club and how he was running it (Murray & Whyte), or because of some fans who's behaviour on match day I found abhorrent, likewise I will not ditch Scotland.

It is hard to cheer on some players like the lego muncher, and the whole premise of International football seems to be diluting into almost irrelevence, but loving Scotland seems engrained in me now. Just a shame we're so shite.

I said no, but its go nothing to do with an aligence for SFA over Rangers.

The 11 players represent the country, not the farce of a governing body. People who turn round and say 'glad we got beat' are very small minded. I consider my self British, and Scottish. Not to support my country is madness.

And for the record it goes:

1. Rangers

2. Scottish national team

I think unlike the qualifying group for the Euro's there just aren't any weak teams in this group

The other teams in this group would contradict you...............they would say the jacobites are the weak team, I have enjoyed them getting fucked and look forward to this, I have been like that since the 70s.