***Official Brechin City v Rangers Match Thread***

allgers

Sat 19th Oct 3pm, Glebe Park, Brechin City v Rangers.

Brechin are one of only two league teams to breach our defense so far this season. The score was 4-1 Hegarty, Law, Black and Shiels.

Peralta, Macleod, Wallace and Little have International duty but they should be available for selection, I'm going with an unchanged team for now.

Bell

Foster,Mohsni,Jig,Wallace

Black

Peralta,Law,Macleod

Little,Daly.

Rangers to win 4-0

I think Templeton should be started, you could argue that Laws form has fizzled out in the last few weeks, and Little hasn't been spectacular recently either. The problem is that creative attacking payers can sometimes lack consistency, look at Barrie McKay, Fraser Aird or Dean Shiels, none of whom, though influential on their day, are models of consistency.

If Brechin play the kind of system that Ayr played last week then I would drop Daly and bring in Clark. The game passed him by last week, and unless we use the wings well then he will be ineffective. When we get more space at Ibrox he does better though.

I would like to see Little and Clark start as our two main strikers, more liable to happen if Daly picks up a suspension or injury.

Im so looking forward to this: a weekend without a Rangers game is unbearable (tu) roll on Glebe Park and its famous hedge :thumbup:

I definitely believe Nicky Clarke should be in the starting 11 for this game and little be used as a sub.

I wouldn't say that Law's form has fizzled lately, more that he (unfortunately) hasn't been playing in the same position as he was at the start of the season. I would like to see Law having a crack at goal whenever he can: he ought not shy away from getting himself into scoring positions as much as possible

foster and Peralta haven't gained my confidence as of yet. Peralta better knock his hollywood acting on the head: i am embarrassed by how he rolls around as if he is dying in order to win a free kick, man up for fucks sake your not in central america now! fucking cringe worthy.

But here's to Brechin being put to the sword this saturday (tu)

I too agree that Little needs a rest and would like to see Clark start. This game could be 2-0, or 7-0, hard to tell. I'm just hoping the guys are raring to go and not suffering lethargy after not having a competitive game for a while. I'd go 4-0, our defence seems to know what they're doing in the main.

Aint going to happen but I would like to see Peralta at right back. Foster has had a chance and hasn't shone. Templeton should come in and a bit of game time for wee Mckay and Aird. Also like to see Clark start in this change of lineup alongside Daly. Wont happen but it would be interesting.

If Wallace is injured then I have no problem with Smith at the back. Actually think his final ball is far better than Wallaces anyway.

Im so looking forward to this: a weekend without a Rangers game is unbearable (tu) roll on Glebe Park and its famous hedge :thumbup:

I definitely believe Nicky Clarke should be in the starting 11 for this game and little be used as a sub.

I wouldn't say that Law's form has fizzled lately, more that he (unfortunately) hasn't been playing in the same position as he was at the start of the season. I would like to see Law having a crack at goal whenever he can: he ought not shy away from getting himself into scoring positions as much as possible

foster and Peralta haven't gained my confidence as of yet. Peralta better knock his hollywood acting on the head: i am embarrassed by how he rolls around as if he is dying in order to win a free kick, man up for fucks sake your not in central america now! fucking cringe worthy.

But here's to Brechin being put to the sword this saturday (tu)

There have been a few calls for Peralta to play at right back and there might be something to that, but the theatrics worry me a bit, we need a right back who will stay on his feet and track the attacking player not fall down and try for a free kick at the slightest contact, though to be fair he has had lumps kicked out of him.