What Do We Do Differently Against Kilmarnock?

cushynumber

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play our game and we'll win 5-0. I don't think people quite understand how good we can be/how many goals we could actually score if we took our chances. We had 30 shots against Cowdenbeath, only 14 on target and 5 converted. That is incredibly poor.

I'm 100% confident that we can beat any team in the country, if we play to our capability. We didn't do that against St Johnstone. Wilson, Zelalem and Oduwa should not be starting.

Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan, Ball, Wallace, Law, Halliday, Holt, McKay, Waghorn, Miller (assuming we don't sign anybody) should be the team.

Be more convincing and clinical with the abundance of goal chances we have failed to convert, in most, if not all but a few of the games we have played this season ...... and that includes all of our defeats as well, even St. Johnstone.

We still need to bring in a proven striker, along with a seasoned holding/defensive midfielder this window, hopefully both bedded in before the Kilmarnock game, but not essentially, as I think we have enough power at the moment to beat them comfortably.

:uk:

Genuinely think they will be more worried about dealing with us than we will be with them.

We just need to do what we do but do it well. The fact they're a top league team should put an extra spring in our step.

Looking forward to it, it's a good draw for us.

Nothing really.

Go out on all cylinders lay on the pressure thick and heavy and it'll be an easy win.

We've got good options for goals, the only players that don't make a threat on goals is our defenders. All other players make a decent threat on the opposition goals, even Gedion had two really good chances at the weekend.

Defending is the only place we need fixin, but Tav and Wallace appear to be doing defensive roles a bit better. We lost a goal at the weekend due to a blunder by Ball, but other than that they never threatened us at all.

We'd need to not be an absolute horror show at the back. Be a little less gung ho and a bit more savvy. I am happy that Warburton is willing to try to change things around as shown earlier in the season against Hibs (even though it didn't work out). My biggest worry was his no plan B, but he showed in that match he was willing to make concessions. I think we'll be a bit cuter in our match against Kilmarnock so I'm confident we'll go through. Got a bet on us to win the cup so we better go through!

I think a lot of people are underestimating how much the team has learned from the St Johnstone and Hibs defeats. Wallace and Tav both don't go at the same time anymore, I think that came into practice against Hibs a couple of weeks ago and it has worked ever since. At Dumbarton Tav bombed constantly got himself 3 assists and a goal. In the first half it was Wallace who bombed up and down. The same against Cowdenbeath. Wallace done it all first half, got a goal and was more reserved in the 2nd when Tav went forward and won a couple of penalties. I think that has shored us up at the back, not perfectly but if we get a CDM we will turn over a lot of teams we come across in the cup. We leave the two centre backs and a wingback with protection from a CDM which essentially leaves 4 protecting the keeper whilst the other 5 run riot.

MW has evolved his own style of play ever so slightly and its starting to pay off.

I still think too much is bein made of the St.Johnstone result, they did play us well and we were easily opened up.

However the very next night Hibs beat Aberdeen in the same cup competition showing that in one off matches anything can happen and we are certainly better than Hibs.

I think one thing we need (ongoing not just v Killie) is better on field intelligence that when we go forward we do not leave ourselves over exposed for counters. A strong CDM would also help.