What Do We Do Differently Against Kilmarnock?

cushynumber

Although Kilmarnock have been pish this season, they've drew with celtic both meetings so far this season. I am not going to get too ahead of myself for this one.

Yep mate ,like so many do on here .2 wins and we are world beaters .I'm happy with draw but it's definitely going to be a tough game .

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't, we're left open at the back too often with our style of play and he's still a goal line poacher.

I take it you get scared of the opposition before all matches mate. I would be more wary of Josh Magennis scoring a header than Boyd. Kiernan and Wilson won't concede more than 1 this match while we score 3+ is my thinking.

I take it you get scared of the opposition before all matches mate. I would be more wary of Josh Magennis scoring a header than Boyd. Kiernan and Wilson won't concede more than 1 this match while we score 3+ is my thinking.

nope, i'm just aware of how easy we got opened up in previous games - more by our own tactics than the oppositions - and given that poaching is about Boyds only sill set i think it's fair to say he'll fancy his chances.

I'll go for a 3-2 win for us.

nope, i'm just aware of how easy we got opened up in previous games - more by our own tactics than the oppositions - and given that poaching is about Boyds only sill set i think it's fair to say he'll fancy his chances.

I'll go for a 3-2 win for us.

our tactics will not have us opened up.

Against Hibs last match 4-2 our full backs were solid, stayed back when needed and picked their attacking runs perfectly. you suggest that the 2 full backs will be caught out of position by our tactics when I strongly doubt it, I actually doubt if Killie even have a real winger too

To be honest I think stevie smith has more chance of scoring (his would be a FK) than Boyd. Killie will be lucky if they even get Boyd any service or if they get his head or boot on the end of more than one cross for the entire game.

Our defending is atrocious and has been all season and cost us dearly against St Johnstone. We seem to concede no matter who we play.

If we could defend we can take anyone in Scotland at Ibrox .

Face palm yourself...

Defending is far from atrocious

The only goal conceded in the last 2 matches was unstoppable (a 30mph worldy free kick right in the postage stamp from right on the edge of box) ..

Your one of the People who cheer when we win then moan down the pub/in threads about our players and tactics thinking your guardiola and put a dour face on every time it's not 4-0

Rather than lambasting your own view of the st j game all over the place, listen to what Warburton's view of that match is first.

Our defending is atrocious and has been all season and cost us dearly against St Johnstone. We seem to concede no matter who we play.

If we could defend we can take anyone in Scotland at Ibrox .

Play two quick men up against our defence and we will have a tough day the defence of Wilson, Ball and Kiernan are just not good enough.

We cant rely on that defence if we go up.

Face palm yourself...

The only goal conceded in the last 2 matches was unstoppable (a 30mph worldy free kick right in the postage stamp from right on the edge of box) ..

Your one of the People who cheer when we win then moan down the pub/in threads about our players and tactics thinking your guardiola and put a dour face on every time it's not 4-0

Rather than lambasting your own view of the st j game all over the place, listen to what Warburton's view of that match is first.

In fairness, we do concede silly, easily avoidable goals with surprising regularity. I am also not convinced at corners. Judging our defending to be good when its against poor Championship teams when we have 70-80% of the possession is working under a false premise.

We're Rangers and domestically we change for no opposition. Take our chances and we'll beat anyone in Scotland. If we lose then it won't be because of playing outplayed and we'll just need to learn to convert more chances. Change for a Scottish cup match? Fuck off- I'm not going to cry if we lose and I'm not going to be ecstatic when we beat killie. It's just another game in this squads development

I wonder if this game is going to come before we get a chance to add a CDM, would you sign somebody and throw him into a cup game, our defense is rarely tested so it is disappointing to to see stats like 2 shots and 1 goal against. But bear in mind most of these goals have been good well taken goals.

Our 'slow' CB's have conceded the least amount of goals in Scotland. Quite honestly I'll happily accept that as it will be no different next season.

Give them an acid test in the SC final or Prem nextseason at least before saying they can't do it at that level

Face palm yourself...

You sound like an absolute crackpot.

Anyway.

The defending is abysmal and has been all season.

Once you have been watching Rangers for over 40 years at home and in Europe come back and you will be qualified to tell me what kind of Rangers fan i am.

You sound like an absolute crackpot.

Anyway.

The defending is abysmal and has been all season.

Once you have been watching Rangers for over 40 years at home and in Europe come back and you will be qualified to tell me what kind of Rangers fan your talking to.

40 years, 10 years, some people just like a moan

Take our early chances which I'm sure we will get. Then defend -- and other on the break -- and finish the match off in a professional way. 3-0 The Rangers (tu)

I don't think we should sit back and defend, our defensive line isn't all that great and we have a hard time defending against set pieces.

Our best bet is too apply the pressure and get a good scoreline that a goal or 2 against us doesn't matter.