1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Wow. You are going full blast retard now.

Retard? Really because I do not have the same opinion   as yourself.

44 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Even if he was quoting Ally's wages that has McCulloch on no more than 5k p/w. Not quite the 15k we were continually told.

How much has Templeton earned to sit on his hole for he last 3 and a bit years?

I was joking about the Ally wage thing, as for Templeton? Blame Ally for ruining such a good player, thought he would come good under the new regime but it has not happened.

At no point was it reported that Lee McCullich negotiated a new contract with us, was he on 5k before admin? I would think he was on a wee bit more than that considering what the top earners at the club were on at the time. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I was joking about the Ally wage thing, as for Templeton? Blame Ally for ruining such a good player, thought he would come good under the new regime but it has not happened.

At no point was it reported that Lee McCullich negotiated a new contract with us, was he on 5k before admin? I would think he was on a wee bit more than that considering what the top earners at the club were on at the time. 

Except the time when it was reported? http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20157543

What were the top earners on? McCulloch claims he was on a third.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Except the time when it was reported? http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20157543

What were the top earners on? McCulloch claims he was on a third.

I have nothing against McCulloch, he had a contract and rightly got what he was due, it does not matter what you or I think over that, but he was finished and we moved him to midfeilder then defence to accommodate him even thou he was the weak link. I never booed him when other did, in fact probably the only time I cheered him as no Rangers player should be abused on the park like that,.

I certainly won't be booing him and anyone who attempts to boo him I'm sure a fellow bear will soon set them straight.

All I have a problem with is that I don't think we got value for money. 

On 1/31/2016 at 10:23 AM, thehost said:

an £8 million pound smith vanity project

:power_of_anguish:

It must be shite being so bitter towards the greatest Rangers manager in your lifetime.

Imagine not being able to enjoy all those big, shiny, silver trophies the Divine Cardigan won.

64557864.jpg

GP26783286.jpg

Walter_1803962c.jpg

Walter+Smith+with+SPL+Trophy.jpg

_47726460_hateley-smith-91_766.jpg

waltersmithtreble1a.jpg

Et cetera... 

Unlike some of our past captains and players, he has never chosen to come out and slate us at any stage and should be shown the respect he deserves. Contracts or whether he should've played as much is a side issue, he's carried himself with dignity throughout his time with us and after. 

Folk slating Walter Smith now?! Fuck off tarrier cunts. If anyone has a bad word to say about one of if not the greatest managers in our Clubs history, a man who loves this Club and embodies its values, can fuck right off to kerryfail street because theyre fucking rabid

The man is Rangers through and through, think the so called Rangers fans that are having a go at him should be supporting that mob from the East End.

I have supported The Rangers for over fifty years and would never dream of abusing x players the way you lot do.

All this drivel about Commons, if that's the case then u must hate super Ally and the gaffer for carrying the late Tomm Burns coffin. Get a fucken life!!

Only joined this forum few weeks back but thinking of giving up, too manys fucken idiots!

26 minutes ago, Wee Harry said:

The man is Rangers through and through, think the so called Rangers fans that are having a go at him should be supporting that mob from the East End.

I have supported The Rangers for over fifty years and would never dream of abusing x players the way you lot do.

All this drivel about Commons, if that's the case then u must hate super Ally and the gaffer for carrying the late Tomm Burns coffin. Get a fucken life!!

Only joined this forum few weeks back but thinking of giving up, too manys fucken idiots!

Completely different circumstances.

1 hour ago, Wee Harry said:

Don't give up m8, the lunatics will take over the Asylum.

Level headed folk are needed :D

Jig deserves a good reception from us, it's a shame the way it all ended for him but he was a great servant to the club and will always be welcome back. 

He stayed for the fight back in 2012 and you could see he tried his best every game unlike others. It wasn't his fault we were so poor last season.

For what it is worth I reckon he'll make a pretty good coach as well. Although I hope he takes a bit of a beating on Saturday ;) 

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

Some in here still took to calling McCoist "the Pallbearer" for a while. 

That's just because his favourite wrestler is the Undertaker.

On a serious note, Jig deserves a good reception and I'm sure he will get it, then the beating his team deserves :D

I said it at the time, he didn't pick himself, that was my wee boy's first game and I had to explain why some fucking idiots were booing our own player.

Jig was perhaps one of the worst centre halfs we've had, but he was better than Cribari, so I can see why Ally picked him. A decent forward and a good LM in his day.

We accommodated him purely because he was captain, Mcgregor/Zal/Moshni were all better partnerships IMO, but we weren't really littered with talent in that area.

I'm not expecting him to take a wage cut or refuse to play, he always worked hard and tried his best, but as captain, he oversaw the worst Rangers team in living memory. Did he even talk to McCoist about how down the players clearly were, how shit the training/prep was? That's a captains role IMO, everyone should go out and give 100% on the field, like Jig did, but part of me thinks he thought he got to pick heads or tails, shake hands, pose for a photo and that was his role as captain. When it's so much more than that.

Who knows, he may have been such a good captain that finishing in the play offs was because of his leadership, we'll never know.

Compare it to the current set up, Wallace and the gaffer are in constant dialogue every day about team/prep/training  etc, I know for a fact Lee Wallace has tweaked certain days in which we do certain training sessions as he and the players felt it would be better, and this was during our ''poor'' spell and since that tweak we've went on a great run. The gaffer and him sit down almost daily and it shows.

All the best after Sat though Jig, a good pro, a decent player, and plenty of medals to show for your time. Appreciate all the graft and work you put in while at Rangers. A decent man (tu)

8 years at the club, played over 200 games for us and won 10 honours while he was here.

I accept that his time at the club ended poorly and he would be the first admit that too but you'd have to be pretty cynical and bitter to deny the guy a warm welcome on his return to the club IMO.

The good times outweigh the bad when it comes to Jig. Personally have no issue with him.

For awhile the complaint was that he was past his prime and a poor defender. Legitimate concerns at the time, but when playing for Rangers is your dream, then you might find that hard to give up.

20 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

8 years at the club, played over 200 games for us and won 10 honours while he was here.

I accept that his time at the club ended poorly and he would be the first admit that too but you'd have to be pretty cynical and bitter to deny the guy a warm welcome on his return to the club IMO.

I for one will not be cheering anyone other than the Rangers, as I always do.

I think McCulloch was poor for many seasons, at least one of which was prior to the financial disaster. He was never my cup of tea. And unfortunately, the dismal performances we had to put up with over these years will tar ALL the players who featured during it with few exceptions. If players like Black, Foster, Sandaza, etc. can be criticised for taking I wage whilst performing poorly then I do not see why McCulloch should be treated differently.

If the foregoing makes me cynical, then fair enough. I can live with that, but I'll be fucked if I'll cheer someone I don't think deserves it.