McCoist

TMB

13 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

He's had ample time to compliment Mr Warburton, sir Davie and the team. From our first match you could easily see how much things had improved.

He's also had a wide range of mediums to convey a message, be it a interview, blog or something else. Being quoted by the bbc isn't the be all end all. There is also STV, Clyde 1, bt, sky etc.

He's had since July last month. And this is the first he's mentioned Rangers and it's nothing to do with our on field performance. It's off field bullshit which we were strikened with for the last 4 years.

Maybe if the media asked Ally what he thinks regarding the current Rangers team we would hear it.

Don't think a blog is Allys style.  Maybe a book he can sell.

By the sounds of it, BBC 5 live sport only asked one question to Ally, and that was regarding Lennon leaving Bolton.  Ally compared it to his time as Rangers manager. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

LO FUCKIN L, he said lennon done an excellent job. He did by almost all standards (their managers don't have the same etiquette standards as ours). What a bastard stating facts. If you are too staunch to admit a basic fact, that is your problem, not Supers.

Wait? Are you seriously suggesting Lennon done an excellent job with them? 

Genuine question by their way. 

I can honestly ignore the person and anything non football and say that without a shadow of a doubt, Lennon and McCoist were the worst combination of OF managers in my lifetime. (tu)

30 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Wait? Are you seriously suggesting Lennon done an excellent job with them? 

Genuine question by their way. 

I can honestly ignore the person and anything non football and say that without a shadow of a doubt, Lennon and McCoist were the worst combination of OF managers in my lifetime. (tu)

He won the league 3 times and got them to the last 16 in champs league, beating Barca. What more would you expect.

It makes you wonder though...Him and Popcorn Teeth have obviously discussed it, so there is probability in this article perhaps? Not that that would make any difference to us as a team. We have Warbs now, so it will be interesting to see what will be...this Rangers v Mhutant clash will be the telling tale of course. Hope our boys are hungry for it cause I want to see the Mhutants faces in the dirt - where they belong ;)

8 hours ago, cushynumber said:

He just wants to be every bodies mate. He cant help his personality. Its one of the reasons he was such a poor man manager.  I absolutely could not stand him as a manager, thought he was utterly useless and thought he would do long term damage to the club. Now MW has come in and looking at where we are now., i would rather simply forget about Ally the manager.

But he still needs to think before opening his mouth in interviews largely because its easy for the animosity he generated to spill over again. Thats why when MW says he has sympathy with Deila i shrug my shoulders, but when Ally says this pish it gets my back up.

Yes I agree he is being friendly, it's his personality.  He really needs to try being careful with how he says things.  He should already know that.

But, Ally does have a better win record as a manager than Deila, Lennon and Warburton.

" Super Ally, Super Ally, Ole Ole Ole, Super Ally, Super Ally, Ole Ole Ole"

Super as a player, but rotten as a manager.

Not a good move, by him, having a bit of a love in with Neil Lennon, especially the part where he said that the club were liquidated. The tims will latch onto that, and use it against us, in their childish arguments.

McCoist is a high profile figure in Scotland and as an ex player and manager of Rangers I prefer to see him be as cordial and diplomatic as he can be because that's the image of the club we want to be projected both in Scotland and further afield.

I think he may have made a better manager of any other club.  He was still a player at heart when assistant under Walter Smith and wanted to be the joker of the dressing room and everybody's friend while a manager has to be able to step back from that role and make some difficult decisions that not everyone is going to be happy with.

Ally seemingly couldn't do that and aside from that character problem as far as management goes he found himself in the middle of the most traumatic period in the history of the club.  He was managing with his heart and a players head rather than a managers and it didn't work out.  He is, always has been, and always will be a true and loyal servant of the club.   

5 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

LO FUCKIN L, he said lennon done an excellent job. He did by almost all standards (their managers don't have the same etiquette standards as ours). What a bastard stating facts. If you are too staunch to admit a basic fact, that is your problem, not Supers.

You at it ? His leagues were basically  handed to him , not sure his cup record , but it doesn't sound that good iirc . 

If the tims do get rid of delilah , they have a few options of replacements that could worry me .  . . . .yellow teeth isn't one of them. 

Then again maybe McCoist isn't daft after all :D 

5 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

He won the league 3 times and got them to the last 16 in champs league, beating Barca. What more would you expect.

Given the circumstances then I would have "expected" him to win the league as you point out.  Doing what's "expected" of you does not equal "excellent"

like Deila he should have won the treble every year. He didn't. I give you the Champions League which was the 1 "excellent" thing he did in his entire time as manager. 

Bitter smellies aside, you would be hard pushed to find any of their fans that would say he did an "excellent" job. His only appeal to many was his off the park views. (tu)

PS. I "expected" McCoist to win each league. I didn't think at any point whilst winning the 4th and 3rd tiers that he was doing an "excellent" job. (tu)

11 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

"Ally dindu nuffin it was all the boards fault" :lol: 

And to finish it off,if it weren't for the loyalty of the fans who kept on turning up to games,Ally could have killed our club with the shite he was calling "football".

tumblr_inline_o076326Ygx1s9clfh_500.gif

Bollocks 

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

same as a modern day rangers fan who said in an interview that we were liquidated

pity he also think we were fucking liquidated

I listened to the interview he gave - not what the rags wrote  - and that's not what he said - but try not to let facts get in the way of your long term hate -Ffs sake even if he did say it that is the type of pedantic nonsense that we have stooped to in our oh so sensitive world! Really is that the best you can bd I to justify your castigation of a goal scoring ledgend - 'oh he said liquidation' man the fucking pitchforks. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

:lol: I hope you're fishing.

Not at all. I just don't get why people keep getting on edge every time someone uses the word liquidation.

We've had the reassurances from all governing bodies that they consider us the same club.

The only people who latch onto that shit is the rhabids from the east.