What's the big idea ally

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7058315/Ally-McCoist-Rangers-wont-challenge-Celtic-next-year.html

ALLY McCOIST says Rangers will need to go on a signing spree to challenge for the Premiership.

The former Ibrox boss claimed Mark Warburton’s current squad isn’t capable of winning the title.

Asked if his old club can challenge Celtic, Coisty said: “At the moment, no. I don’t think Rangers can.

“But then I’m talking about immediately. We don’t know what’s going to happen in the summer.

"It’s going to be a massively important time for Rangers and Celtic to see what kind of talent they can bring in.

“If they have dreams of challenging Celtic, Rangers need to bring players in.”

Goodbye my friend - the good times were good, and the bad times have been pish.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SteveEarle said:

"They" have dreams? .... What happened to "We"....??

IMO, He was never a "we" and his behaviour as manager proved it.

As soon as I saw another Ally thread, I just knew it was going to be shite. Much better if he had said no comment to the press and let MW get on with the job. No doubt there will be more of his ramblings all the way through to the new season.

Was never a lover, but now he can just get to total fuck and memory banks erased.

Honestly I've tried to stay away from ally bashing but seriously who is he to have an opinion and attempt to tell our competent manager what he does and doesn't need to do MW has forgot more about football management than ally knows. Throwing new "players" in was ally's idea of trying to build s team when they had no shape or clue what 1 player was doing from the next. I wish he would fuck off and leave our team who are doing just fine alone. What does he know what a MW team does or doesn't need? 

Aye, because that 'spending spree' went so fucking well the last time. 

I'll trust the judgment of someone like Mark Warburton who has an eye for young hungry players rather than fat overrated duds who were only signed because they are pals with the manager. 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fuck what he thinks. I've seen him mentioned more these past 24h's than I have done since he left, probably.

Beyond me why. We are well shot of him.

Big push on social media to have him as part of the celebrations......fuck knows why!

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

We obviously need to bring in talent, but I don't understand why we can't challenge them right now. The scum are absolute shit, they've failed to win in nearly a third of their games this season. We hammered Dundee and they've failed to score in 180 minutes against them, that's without three of our players and Dundee played a reserve team at the dump. 

I would expect us to challenge them in the summer if all the squads stayed the same.

In the same number of league games they've only dropped six points more than we have (32 games - 79 & 73 points) and have lost the same number as we have (3).