Never Forget...

I concur 100% with the sentiment but like what's been pointed out - try telling the bridge builders like Paul Murray that.

That said again, I feel if everyone boycotted all away games Rangers play it would have a negative impact on our results. We need our fans turning out in their thousands in difficult venues like Pittodrie and Parkhead knowing we have their backs. Thousands showing up and cheering the team onto victory in their own back yard will hurt their scummy fans more than a few extra grand a year.

However anyone that does feel strongly enough will get my respect. It's just not for me.

On a personal level since I started a new job that's shift work about 2 and a half years ago I've probably missed about 20 games. Which I'm not proud of as I had only missed about 3 games home, away, away in Europe in close to 15 years before that but next season I think our club needs us most and I will be making more of an effort - even if it means going to and coming back from an away game and going straight into my next nightshift with zero sleep.

I will hate giving them money. It will grate on me but at the end of the day it's life. We always have to give someone we hate money. My personal gripes are certain shopkeepers, some taxi drivers, West Dunbartonshire Council and Scotrail. Hate them with a passion and this is no different IMO.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well exactly, and most of the time we never know exactly where our money ends up. My wife's £100 hairdoo last week may well end up in the hands of some drug dealer who owns the shop and operates it as a laundering outlet lol who knows?? You give your money in good faith, and whatever the recipient does with it is anybody's guess.

The purpose of any form of protest should be to achieve a goal. What would be the goal in boycotting away grounds - waiting for 11 other chairmen to stand in a line and say "sorry"?

You and I both know that's not ever going to happen, so a boycot without a set target or purpose would be completely pointless. By all means do not buy their food or drink and maybe give them the ticket price only, but the team will need our support on the road more than ever next season.

I get all the biterness and anger, I really do. I just can't be bothered carrying it around all the time, it isn't worth it. 

I am only interested in seeing Rangers win, I don't really care about who is in front of us on any given day. 

For me the bitterness really started to show in 2008 when they refused to give us a free week to play zenit

the public statements from lie well about his Japan tour that didn't happen was never challenged by his kiss ass media 

the media also gave platforms to no marks from provincial clubs about suing the spl becoz they had holidays booked 

imagine the outcry if the sqvilles were in the same position ,it would never have happend

but it that was just a warm up for the hate fest in 2012 

no no rules were in place for a non cva administration but they soon got together to create them

rules that would never have been created for a Kilmarnock or a Dundee 

once again no sympathy from Scotland's media only a fan fare for sell out Saturday which failed dramatically 

it it was labeled we sell out Saturday as the sporting integrity holders would fill their grounds 

what happened was a statement of selling out to lieswell 

it it should never be forgotten that we have no friends in the top league only friends of our cash

I would prefer to look at our success and the way it continues, unlike some of these "businessmen" most people can eventually see that Scottish football needs big teams with huge support, it is a pity that without Hibs, Rangers, or Hearts no other team could offer Celtic any kind of sustained competition last season and yet again this season neither Aberdeen or Hearts could really manage to get it up. This has affected SPFL business, footballing quality, and income.

Similarly we would be equally short-sighted to cut off our noses by holding a grudge against these clubs or not visiting their stadiums, don't forget, but don't let it get in the way of supporting Rangers or taking their money. They are not our friends but they are our competition. 

Finally, the greatest revenge is success. All our focus should be on beating these teams where it matters, on the football field.

Totally agree that we should never ever forget or forgive what's happened.

However, I love Rangers more than I hate any team so I'll still follow them everywhere. Going to all the ground of teams that wanted us dead and belting out our songs and reminding them how far we've come, absolutely cannot wait.

Away games are not for me. Not yet. I'm not giving these bassas a penny of my hard earned cash, but the team does need an away support. It's bonkers to expect every Rangers supporter in the land to not want to travel to away games. 

I feel the same about the media. The liars and uneducated scaremongers who wanted us dead and who still pursue an agenda to demean our club will never see me buy their papers or tune in to their programmes. But I know where the club is coming from in 'saying' they want to build bridges. It is not possible grow and strengthen while taking the huff and sitting alone in a corner. Rangers has to play clever and use the media to our advantage, we need to show we are not afraid of engaging with other clubs, while all the time never forgetting they wanted us dead. They should never get the support from us that they would have in the past should they need it. Everyone need friends in high places and by playing the game off the field we can be at the very top again, not just on the football park, but right through the game.

Kilmarnock abstained from voting us out of the SPL.

Kilmarnock Supporters Society then apologised to the Celtic Supporters Association for the actions of their Chairman, and begged them not to impose a boycott of Killie by Celtic fans as had been threatenened.

Kilmarnock then offered discounts to Celtic season ticket holders while charging their own support full price.

And, as for Peter-san, he can get to fuck. He will say one thing one week, to keep his deluded droolers happy, then another thing the next week, to keep his Zionist masters happy.

He knows the benefits of having Rangers back. I hear he wants to arrange a friendly at the Yokohama stadium with us.

"Are you there, Dave? It's me, Peter... Can we get the cabal back together?"

giphy.gif

Strangely, all of this might have been good for us in some ways. We now know to what lengths the haters will go to, to hurt us, we have now decided to go in a new football direction and our fans truly appreciate our club and don't take it's existence and standing for granted any more. Our enemies have came out and shown themselves and we know who are opportunists and who worked hard to do us damage. The news papers have really showed their level and we all know we cant believe a word they say. All the clubs who decided to remove us from the top league have been diminished, septic now know who is the best followed team in Scotland and it pains them that it is us. When we filled Ibrox while in the 3 Division it sent a clear message to the rest that we can fill our stadium no matter what league we play in. We done this as the top clubs were shutting stands and involved in creative counting to try and make their figures look good but the pictures did not lie. The world came to Ibrox and admired the support and laughed when that was contrasted against the rest of Scottish football.

Out of all of this, peoples admiration for our club and our support has went up, we were global news for all the wrong reasons but we delivered a wonder story of refusal to die, loyalty and soon to be revenge as we put these other clubs to the sword. In this whole saga every club in the Scottish top flight has diminished except us.  Lots of clubs say they are more than a club but we proved we are, to the whole world.

To the people who want to go to away grounds I say, go and give them dogs abuse but I am not ready to go yet my brother. 

Everyone will always remember what was done and who done it and everyone will deal with it their own way , people not going to away games because they don't want their cash going to clubs will free up tickets for the fans who want to go and back the team no matter what so it's a win win for all the people IMO 

On 12 April 2016 at 10:06 AM, minstral said:

Try and tell our board that. They want to kiss the arse of all of them, and to move forward for the sake of Scottish Football. Our board is full of cowards, and Paul Murray is the biggest one, he runs speaking to the papers and media, who have attacked and spread lies about our club.

Spot on mate pity our team shook hands with that scumbag Doncaster after the Challenge Cup Final "let's have a big SFA/SPFL love in" Never Forgive or Forget

Never forget that Chris Sutton claimed we couldn't live with Celtic, weren't even on the same planet as them, ahead of the Scottish Cup semi-final.

Never forget that John Hartson predicted a four-nil win in favour of Celtic.

Never fucking forget, even in the euphoria of victory, that those child-abusing, infant-molesting, holy water-drinking, self-crossing Lent participants wanted us dead.

• 1 month later...

This is relevant to an extent; I was going back-and-forth with a boy in work yesterday about the Old Firm, the usual "Big Jock Knew" versus "Rangers died" nonsense. Anyway, he does that Scott Brown stand, arms out and empty stare, so I'm like "Diouf won two trophies that season, but well done, Brown, you stared at him". So, the boy decides to show me Scott Brown's Instagram page (I don't have Instagram, but he sent me the link, so I assume it'll work for everyone else who doesn't have it.

Before I go on, if I see one "get this tae fuck", "Bears Den?" or "who gives a fuck", please take a second to remind yourself of the purpose of this topic.

That should be pinned-up on the dressing room wall before the next Old Firm game. It shouldn't anger anyone, but it should serve as an added insentive to play that Lego eater right off the park, once again.

That aside, as the captain of the apparent Scottish champions, what an absolute lack of class. Forget the fact that he was over-ran in the semi-final. Personally, if we had lost to Celtic and Hibs beat them in the final, I don't think any Rangers captain, past or present, would have the front to post something like that.

3 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

This is relevant to an extent; I was going back-and-forth with a boy in work yesterday about the Old Firm, the usual "Big Jock Knew" versus "Rangers died" nonsense. Anyway, he does that Scott Brown stand, arms out and empty stare, so I'm like "Diouf won two trophies that season, but well done, Brown, you stared at him". So, the boy decides to show me Scott Brown's Instagram page (I don't have Instagram, but he sent me the link, so I assume it'll work for everyone else who doesn't have it.

Before I go on, if I see one "get this tae fuck", "Bears Den?" or "who gives a fuck", please take a second to remind yourself of the purpose of this topic.

That should be pinned-up on the dressing room wall before the next Old Firm game. It shouldn't anger anyone, but it should serve as an added insentive to play that Lego eater right off the park, once again.

That aside, as the captain of the apparent Scottish champions, what an absolute lack of class. Forget the fact that he was over-ran in the semi-final. Personally, if we had lost to Celtic and Hibs beat them in the final, I don't think any Rangers captain, past or present, would have the front to post something like that.

Fuck sake , that put me aff ma breakfast