Do you think we will win the league  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will win the league

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the Burnley game , I had faith that MW could identify where our biggest weaknesses were and take the necessary steps to rectify them . Unfortunately the way we were cut open at the back and failed to really create any decent chances for all the possession , has put more doubt in my mind . In saying that , the current state of scottish football makes me believe that we can do what we done under Souness in 86/87 . If we get off to a good start and the tarriers stutter then IMO the meltdown from the east towards their board will distract from any benefit that brenda brings to them . As for hearts , aberdeen , Were Rangers and should never be afraid of the challenge from them . As others have said , we're a decent CB away , so hopefully MW & FMcP are working on this , whether permanent or on loan .

3 hours ago, Bossorange said:

Regardless of how we played under Walter, we won. 

Not it so much with mccoist. 

We may well have won under Smith, but in the name o' the wee man, some of the football was dreadful. Getting a one goal lead then putting ten men behind the ball was not my idea of footballing nirvana. (I still blame Smith's negativity for our defeat at Manchester).  I'd like to see someone along the mould of Graham Roberts come in - what an attitude he had -and maybe, just maybe we may have someone like that in the person of young Matthew Crooks.

Yes. A new CH is a must, sort our defending set-pieces is a must. Don't mind the possession focus at all- some first time crosses to capitalise on our forwards good movement and backing ourselves outside the box and taking the shot on more often. We've got enough quality finishers from that mid range distance to back ourselves more often. 

We were good enough at times last season that with the additions we've made already we would be in with a real chance of winning it even without much changing.

I think we are one maybe two quality players short at the moment. A Kenny Miller in his younger days,  Boyd type of player. A quality centre back too.

Think we're looking at second place,  but if the tims play like last season, we could be top.

The Warbster and McP will be looking around for permanent deals at the moment before going for a loan deal if no-one is found. Rob Holding has signed for Arsenal from Bolton and will need further first team experience. Chelsea have Hector, Miazga and Omeruo in the same situation so someone like that could help float our battleship and sink Celtics paddle steamer. 

Still too early to tell.

I was a lot more confident before the Burnley game. I know before anyone says "it's just a friendly" but it was still alarming how we failed to break through against (who I consider) an average side & how our defence was opened right up too (and yes I know the lad of their's that got a hat-trick is a 9 million pound striker) but anyone half decent upfront for them could have scored they exact 3 goals.

The first 4 games will be interesting too. I know you don't win it with your first 4 games but a failure to get maximum points could tell us a few things that we didn't know about the team & the mentality/talent levels needed.

In short I've no idea ... I'd like to think we stand a chance because Celtic are fucking shite. Really poor. They could get better under Brenda as he's a new manager still maybe trying to implement his style of play and get them adapting to him - plus he will have signings to make.

I know I'm a broken record here but failing to shell out some decent cash for a top center back and poacher might just come back to haunt us. I hope not, but it could. That's a real worry.

13 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Our record against SPFL teams reads P6, W4, D1 and L1.

That draw at home to Kilmarnock didn't reflect the performance. Our only defeat was ST Johnstone and if Waghorn didn't miss that sitter we could have took it to ET. 

There's nothing to worry about in this league, we're also far stronger than we were last season. We will win 55 in the second match of the split.

Pedantic, but we never beat Celtic. We need more cutting edge than we had that day to do so, time will tell if we have it. 

4 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Pedantic, but we never beat Celtic. We need more cutting edge than we had that day to do so, time will tell if we have it. 

We pretty much did play them off the park, even mo johnston described as being like "Barcelona". and that was without O'halloran, Waghorn and Forrester. With Law and Shiels playing.

Now you introduce the fact those 3 forwards who are all aggressive are back and eligible then mix in the fact we've got new lads like Rossiter, Windass, Dodoo and Kranjcar and I'd say we've got a side that will not only dominate a somewhat Clueless and aimless Celtic but will comfortably beat them. 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

We pretty much did play them off the park, even mo johnston described as being like "Barcelona". and that was without O'halloran, Waghorn and Forrester. With Law and Shiels playing.

Now you introduce the fact we've got 3 forwards who are all aggressive then mix in the fact we've got new lads like Rossiter, Windass, Dodoo and Kranjcar and I'd say we've got a side that will not only dominate a somewhat Clueless and aimless Celtic but will comfortably beat them. 

We passed them to death, they had the better goal action and chances in the 90. I agree we were the better side, but we need to be more productive almost as much as we need to tighten up defensively.

They will improve, we will as well. Neither side will record a big or comfortable win this season head to head imo. Wouldn't surprise me if we finish 2 for 2 against them. 

I do. Granted, out defence is utter rank, but we're solid in midfield, attack and in goal and that will make the difference. Saw a wee bit of a Taigs and they look as useless as they did under Ronny. The Sheep are bottle merchants and Hearts are complete and utter ordinary. 

2 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

We passed them to death, they had the better goal action and chances in the 90. I agree we were the better side, but we need to be more productive almost as much as we need to tighten up defensively.

They will improve, we will as well. Neither side will record a big or comfortable win this season head to head imo. Wouldn't surprise me if we finish 2 for 2 against them. 

They had more aimless shots, Roberts by all right should've gotten that goal. But that's not to mean we didn't have our chances. Hell we were nearly a goal up by 10 minutes. and like I implied, this time round we'll have our main striker (Waggy), a even stronger midfield, lads who are more capable of passing and most importantly a strong bench that will provide good subs. 

I honestly don't they will improve for a while. Brenda needs to go through each and every player, sees who he wants and doesn't want and then add to that squad he's left with. I mean the season is about to begin and he's got pretty much the same squad bar 2. The fact that he's instantly put Allan out on loan for the whole season shows there is deadwood in the Celtic squad that he has no use for. 

I think we'll breeze past them, they couldn't handle us and their players looked knackered after 20 minutes.