Independent FA report out today

Smile

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be fair to hivs, looking at their normal crowd numbers, it's clear that about 12,000 of their "fans" that day had never been to a game before so they probably had no idea that the big green rectangle thing was the pitch and not the exit.

Poor wee junkies were just a bit confused and like confused mongs everywhere, just lashed out in frustration.

3 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

7.1.3 and 7.1.7 and 7.1.10 must mean hubs will be hammered! Police come out of this with no glory.

a steward protected Wes - good man.

no cover up of the blame from this report anyway! 

7.1.7. Had the Hibs supporters who invaded the pitch stopped at the halfway line and confined themselves to celebrating their team’s victory, there would have been little need for this inquiry. The violent scenes which caused apprehension to many within the ground, and wider public condemnation, were caused by the minority who behaved in the manner indicated in paragraph 7.1.2 above. The hostile and irresponsible attitude of that minority requires to be addressed. Whilst there may be some who are impervious to reason, I have heard evidence that the Supporter Liaison Officer Scheme, recommended by UEFA, has had considerable success in moderating the attitude of fans and in particular the behaviour of travelling supporters.

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

That's not how I read it 7.1.3 / 7 and 10 place a lot of blame on Hibs fans. 

section 8* is the "matters under review"

8.2.1 I am not aware of any further precautions which the Clubs might have been expected to take.

8.2.2 I do not consider that there are any reasonable precautions against a pitch invasion which might have been taken.

8.3.1 Prior to the Match, the requisite Pre-Ops and Ops Meetings occurred as planned. In addition to these, there was regular communication and correspondence between the SFA, HPL, Police Scotland, G4S, Rangers and Hibernian as and when appropriate

8.3.3 I have not heard any suggestion that communication between security personnel was inadequate at the end of the Match and during the ensuing pitch invasion.

8.3.4 I am not in a position, nor would it be appropriate, to comment on the level of co-operation given by the SFA, HPL and the Clubs to Police Scotland. That said, I have heard submissions and have had produced to me documents which suggest that the relevant parties are co-operating with the Police as required.

8.4.1 No issues arise in my view from the arrangements for seat sale, seating and segregation

8.5.1 The plan to resolve a pitch invasion was underway in less than four minutes from the final whistle. At the end of the Match, each of the agencies played an appropriate part in seeking to clear the pitch of those for whom they had respective responsibilities

Theres is no blame in this report. - on anyone.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

section 8* is the "matters under review"

8.2.1 I am not aware of any further precautions which the Clubs might have been expected to take.

8.2.2 I do not consider that there are any reasonable precautions against a pitch invasion which might have been taken.

8.3.1 Prior to the Match, the requisite Pre-Ops and Ops Meetings occurred as planned. In addition to these, there was regular communication and correspondence between the SFA, HPL, Police Scotland, G4S, Rangers and Hibernian as and when appropriate

8.3.3 I have not heard any suggestion that communication between security personnel was inadequate at the end of the Match and during the ensuing pitch invasion.

8.3.4 I am not in a position, nor would it be appropriate, to comment on the level of co-operation given by the SFA, HPL and the Clubs to Police Scotland. That said, I have heard submissions and have had produced to me documents which suggest that the relevant parties are co-operating with the Police as required.

8.4.1 No issues arise in my view from the arrangements for seat sale, seating and segregation

8.5.1 The plan to resolve a pitch invasion was underway in less than four minutes from the final whistle. At the end of the Match, each of the agencies played an appropriate part in seeking to clear the pitch of those for whom they had respective responsibilities

Theres is no blame in this report. - on anyone.

Ok if you say so - this review is about what to change - the hibs fans are blamed - the next report is the one to recommend sanctions. This report makes it clear that it was the hibs fans to blame - if you don't agree then fine that's  your opinion - mines is that the blame is laid firmly at the hibs fans door and I expect the SFA to act accordingly. 

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, this is more or less what I expected from Bowen. I'm not overly confident that Tony McGlennan aka Anthony John McGlennan will be so lenient with where he lays the blame though.

He's put the boot in before...

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ok if you say so - this review is about what to change - the hibs fans are blamed - the next report is the one to recommend sanctions. This report makes it clear that it was the hibs fans to blame - if you don't agree then fine that's  your opinion - mines is that the blame is laid firmly at the hibs fans door and I expect the SFA to act accordingly. 

Totally hivs and their players blamed, states several times that we had to be taunted into responding

the players going into the crowd kick started the invasion 

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

Does it really matter what the club say?  They've shown they are completely unwilling to back anything up and are even more spineless than the previous regimes.

:gerbad:They will only defend themselves and in this case no one from the Board were on the pitch so the statement is just a few words to appease the fans IMO.

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I don't read it like that. I see reasons and explanations for the invasion, but no blame - far from it.

Just now, kanjo said:

Ban them. Thugs. 

Clears the way for the cup to be revoked as it should be

Hivs players played a huge part in instigating the riot, NO contact from hivs re: our teams welfare, no apology

This wasn't some guy being chased by polis trying to land a punch,, this was our players surrounded, isolated and being spat on as well as punched/kicked

I wouldn't welcome Rangers being awarded the cup, that's tarrier behaviour 

Fuck hivs