Searching for a whipping boy.

The Educator

58 minutes ago, The Educator said:

Such a pity that some on here are doing their best to talk players down after only a few games, catch a grip and get behind the team. Anybody who honestly thought we'd be coming in to this league and turning sides over four or five nil were missing the fact that these teams will play harder against us than in any other games they'll play between now and next May. The way this season has been set up was to stop us from bedding in a new team before we play the Mhanks and give them an edge with a team that is a lot more settled.

Until we get everybody fit and get into our stride player performances will vary from game to game. So those who seem to be looking for whipping boy for the season pack it in.

The signs were there before the cup final and were ignored by many as it would all come right on the day,your post has the same complacency,if you cannot see what is in front of your eyes others can and nothing to do with whipping boys.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for a whipping boy, as the players don't pick themselves, so the buck stops with the manager.

Our performances thus far haven't matched the expectations

Some players are good enough, but don't play well. Others are not, but give 100%.

Barry is good enough, but not doing it of late. Kiernan and Wilson are not. They are honest enough players but IMO, both will cost us and both need replaced as a consequence, or we wave cheerio to any shot at the title.

Halliday is an average player, but gives his all. There are several players who should be taking his place, but he won't be the reason for not winning the title, as he can do a job, whereas the two aforementioned cannot.

We are too slow in going forward and lack that cutting edge, but we do have the players to give us it.

It is obvious changes are needed, so, it's now down to MW to do what is obvious to most.

14 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Exactly - what is there to moan about.

Imagine MOANING about a manager going unbeaten (done to death so lets not revisit).

Imagine moaning about being unbeaten this season in competitive games! 

Your 'imagination' is seeing a loss yesterday when the reality was a WIN. You are imagining how many points we could have lost instead of enjoying the fact we won. To trot out the old cliche a game lasts until the final whistle - we won! 

What's to moan about eh?

Imagine moaning about the fact that it only takes one shot on goal for teams to score against us.

Imagine moaning about the fact that this is the worst centre back pairing we've had in the top flight in my lifetime (25 years)

Imagine moaning about the fact that in 3 league games our starting lineup has been completely wrong and the flow of the game has only changed where substitutes have came on and changed the game for us.

You're living in the fucking clouds if you're thinking these performances at Ibrox are acceptable for a team chasing a league title,but hey ho we won so let's ignore the blatantly obvious errors and carry on eh?

Bawbag.

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I see a team winning but one I recognise that's in transition - that's moving on from last season and has increased the quality of the squad. 

Your right I choose to enjoy the win - the fact we are unbeaten and I have faith in the management team. I also recognise that we have no right to win games - we have to go out and make it happen - and that's what we did yesterday - made the win happen!

You are right - I choose to enjoy these times, I choose to look for the positive rather than the negative and I choose to be supportive rather than critical at every opportunity. Your choices are different!

Fair dos. I prefer to be realistic, pragmatic, look at the bigger picture, any yes have a more glass half empty than full approach.

You see us top of the league. Yaaaaay

I see us as having 2 points dropped (nearly 4), only +2 goals from 3 games against imo bottom half teams, 2 games having been at home.

I look at our biggest competition and see full points from 2 games, + 4 goals, both games harder fixtures imo than anything we have faced yet.

We've both had new players to bed in but they've also had to have a new manager fit in too.

Now is where it's at, not once we've picked up because a gap will grow too easily. NOW we need to improve on performances, points, goal difference.

We can't affect their results other than head to heads, so we need to be exceeding their results. We're not.

But yaaaaay top of the league and happy at just beating well. Meh.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Imagine moaning about the fact that it only takes one shot on goal for teams to score against us.

Imagine moaning about the fact that this is the worst centre back pairing we've had in the top flight in my lifetime (25 years)

Imagine moaning about the fact that in 3 league games our starting lineup has been completely wrong and the flow of the game has only changed where substitutes have came on and changed the game for us.

You're living in the fucking clouds if you're thinking these performances at Ibrox are acceptable for a team chasing a league title,but hey ho we won so let's ignore the blatantly obvious errors and carry on eh?

Bawbag.

Line one - agreed - but if we play Tav as a winger we are always going to lose the odd goal - and we like this attacking philosophy.

Line 2- Realy? Worse that Moshni and Big Lee? REALLY!

Line 3 - just your opinion and we are unbeaten in all those games!

Line 4 - Ive seen MUCH worse at Ibrox - much worse! from teams who went on to win the league - some patience is required! 

Line 5 - :lol:  :lol: yep thats the type of argument that one expects from some on RM. I nearly changed my whole opinion based on that erudite contribution. 

20 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

By the same token nor as they as well balanced on here - the folk I was with enjoyed the fact that we kept driving on to the end and won the game - one of the hall marks of our great teams of the past is that we never gave up. Many I chatted to also said how well we played (but just needed a goal scorer). My experience is that busses are quite quiet after a defeat I suspect many on your bus enjoyed the win and were positive about some aspects of the game and were probably buzzing from the last minute win. Your a man that purports to like balance, and thats all I would like to see - a bit more balance through less negativity.

You should take a trip on our bus then....

32 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Might have been the guy on the phone in yesterday who phoned in to say he was disgusted and fucked off at half time to watch the second half at his neighbours who was watching it on a stream? Takes all sorts right enough.

Ha! I heard that guy too. There were a couple of "fans" around me shouting that individual players were shite - the funny thing is I hadn't seen them there for the past 4 year. It seems like there are a significant number who'd disappeared since our demotion, have decided to come back and now think they have a right to sling abuse at the players. 

The booing at halftime was disgusting. I wonder how many of those booing sat at Ibrox 4 years ago in the winter watching us grind out a result against 3rd division teams? It feels a bit like these folk have watched the semi final then decided to come back and because Mckay didn't fire in another 25 yarder yesterday he was shite (while I didn't think he had anywhere near a good game yesterday shouting at him that he's "shite" is unacceptable in my opinion).

I think the problem we're going to have this year is that if we lose the first goal teams just sit in, waste time and try to see the game out counter attacking.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Fair dos. I prefer to be realistic, pragmatic, look at the bigger picture, any yes have a more glass half empty than full approach.

You see us top of the league. Yaaaaay

I see us as having 2 points dropped (nearly 4), only +2 goals from 3 games against imo bottom half teams, 2 games having been at home.

I look at our biggest competition and see full points from 2 games, + 4 goals, both games harder fixtures imo than anything we have faced yet.

We've both had new players to bed in but they've also had to have a new manager fit in too.

Now is where it's at, not once we've picked up because a gap will grow too easily. NOW we need to improve on performances, points, goal difference.

We can't affect their results other than head to heads, so we need to be exceeding their results. We're not.

But yaaaaay top of the league and happy at just beating well. Meh.

I dont think I once mentioned the fact we are top of the league - I mentioned we were unbeaten! 

Your line 3 - NEARLY lost 4 points is like saying you nearly won the lottery you only missed by 5 numbers.

What tells is where we are at the end of the season!

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I dont think I once mentioned the fact we are top of the league - I mentioned we were unbeaten! 

Your line 3 - NEARLY lost 4 points is like saying you nearly won the lottery you only missed by 5 numbers.

What tells is where we are at the end of the season!

Unbeaten but points dropped.

Nearly is what the tarriers were when we beat them on goal difference. Which we are currently behind. As we are with points as a % of games.

What gets us to tell where we are at the end of the season is what is put into it from kick off on day 1.

And so far from day 1 we have been below average and fortunate to not be worse off. Ignore the obvious and  enjoy our mega impressive unbeaten status.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbh, i think the manager has picked the wrong team in our 3 games.

Halliday is being asked to be the goalscoring midfielder which i dont think is fair on him.

Barton is being asked to play a different position than he played last year.

100%??

Spot on OP. I'm starting to think the fault does not lie with the players but the team MW is picking. Our whole bloody fan base can see that midfield doesn't work when it has no energy going forward, and he addresses the same problem that we can all see in his press conferences but doesn't pick the team to solve the problem? Hoping it's just because Holt and windass are injured but then again why isn't he playing Forrester in midfield?!!?

I think this will be our worst patch of form in the whole season with new all the new players settling in, finding our best team and adjusting to the new division. If we can be picking up points during this period then it has to be a good thing, this stage of the season could determine where we finish up at the end as I think we will look just as good as the filth by October, so if we can keep within touching distance up until then, I think we have a very good chance. 

19 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Line 2- Realy? Worse that Moshni and Big Lee? REALLY!

Line 3 - just your opinion and we are unbeaten in all those games!

Line 4 - Ive seen MUCH worse at Ibrox - much worse! from teams who went on to win the league - some patience is required! 

Line 5 - :lol:  :lol: yep thats the type of argument that one expects from some on RM. I nearly changed my whole opinion based on that erudite contribution. 

Top flight,learn to read.

Unbeaten,hip hip hooray when it should have been 9 points from 9.

Patience required? We've been waiting since July 2015 for the defence to get sorted out..........

17 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Ha! I heard that guy too. There were a couple of "fans" around me shouting that individual players were shite - the funny thing is I hadn't seen them there for the past 4 year. It seems like there are a significant number who'd disappeared since our demotion, have decided to come back and now think they have a right to sling abuse at the players. 

The booing at halftime was disgusting. I wonder how many of those booing sat at Ibrox 4 years ago in the winter watching us grind out a result against 3rd division teams? It feels a bit like these folk have watched the semi final then decided to come back and because Mckay didn't fire in another 25 yarder yesterday he was shite (while I didn't think he had anywhere near a good game yesterday shouting at him that he's "shite" is unacceptable in my opinion).

I think the problem we're going to have this year is that if we lose the first goal teams just sit in, waste time and try to see the game out counter attacking.

The game yesterday will be typical of many games we will see this season especially at Ibrox.The supporters will have to get used to it as this will be the way most teams will play against us.No one at the club has said it will be easy and that we will rattle 4/5 past everyone.As my son says I'm not sure whether it's a compliment to our management that the bar that has been set by some or whether some have set it so high looking for the team to fall.

Ps what about the other fuckwit on the phone in who " went along to see what all the hype was about " another star turn.

37 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I see a team winning but one I recognise that's in transition - that's moving on from last season and has increased the quality of the squad. 

Your right I choose to enjoy the win - the fact we are unbeaten and I have faith in the management team. I also recognise that we have no right to win games - we have to go out and make it happen - and that's what we did yesterday - made the win happen!

You are right - I choose to enjoy these times, I choose to look for the positive rather than the negative and I choose to be supportive rather than critical at every opportunity. Your choices are different!

That's all good, but it's an Internet forum, of course the negatives are going to be discussed. People's expectations are a little ott if you ask me, we will take time to adjust. Hopefully we don't drop too many points until that happens.

When we were playing well MW was rightly praised, I do think he deserves a little criticism for imo picking the wrong teams lately. But I accept he's still trying to work out for himself what his best starting 11 actually is.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Exactly - what is there to moan about.

Imagine MOANING about a manager going unbeaten (done to death so lets not revisit).

Imagine moaning about being unbeaten this season in competitive games! 

Your 'imagination' is seeing a loss yesterday when the reality was a WIN. You are imagining how many points we could have lost instead of enjoying the fact we won. To trot out the old cliche a game lasts until the final whistle - we won! 

What's to moan about eh?

I bet if we were to draw every single game this season you'd still be bringing out the we are unbeaten line.

Rangers has become great due to not suffering mediocrity, yet there seems to be lots of fans now quite willing to accept mediocrity.

We have to aim our standard far beyond the horizons of our rivals or we wont be close to our club settling where it belongs - top.

I think Danny Wilson is often the unlucky whipping boy for many in our support. Can't figure out why. He puts in a shift, is comfortable with the ball at his feet for a CH. Liverpool paid us a good few million for him when he was a youngster so he clearly has something about him. No sure what more some people want from the boy. Kiernan on the other hand is not a Rangers quality CH at all. Total bomb scare.

1 hour ago, sammy cox said:

Might have been the guy on the phone in yesterday who phoned in to say he was disgusted and fucked off at half time to watch the second half at his neighbours who was watching it on a stream? Takes all sorts right enough.

I heard him after the game he sounded like an old boy. This guy was just a roaster pretty sure he was in the wrong stadium. 

Do agree that there are some posters that seem to moan for the sake of moaning. 

However I don't see most people creating any whipping boys. Just seems to me that players that have been poor or ordinary for quite some time are being criticised. Why shouldn't they be if that's the case? 

Halliday will always be well thought of by me because he's a Bear and he has the right attitude for a Bear, but he just hasn't done it for a long time. Kiernan I have nothing against as an individual. Seems like a good guy. But since Novemberish last year he's been terrible. How long do you give it before you're allowed to make that point?

McKay is a little off the boil, so is Wallace and Barton hasn't lived up to his reputation yet. Don't see the harm in pointing these things out and it doesn't look to me like most posters are doing it in a way that seems like a hunt for a whipping boy.

If you're looking for a whipping boy at the moment it would need to be the manager, he's the one picking the team. 

I would like to see the substitutes that are making the difference start the following game.

I would like to see players who have not performed find themselves on the bench for the following game. 

No point having competition for places if the same folk start or their reputation goes before them.

However it's early in the season and we will improve. I trust the manager.

1 hour ago, D'Artagnan said:

Amazing how this happens - I thought all 3 midfielders were too static yesterday and Barrie McKay was poor yet again.

That's a fair shout. But I don't think MW had initially planned to play all three together from start tbh. It's been forced on him due to injuries and Nico still trying to get up to speed too. So I think we should cut them some slack. Also, we are going to have to get used to this at home now - motherwell's plan was to break up play and have everyone and their granny behind the ball. Thankfully, they got what they deserved - fuck all ! :)

10 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We got out of jail yesterday,

Heard that plenty yesterday.

Most seemed to celebrate the goal, more in relief than anything else.

On walking out there was a definite feeling of having got away with full points.

Yet some have no issues with yesterday as we got the points.