Club statement cup final

trueblue 64

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can still remember the Pride and admiration I had for our Directors when they made the BIG statement that called everyone out after the cup final shame game...Then..I am still not comfortable nor have I forgiven the sneaky and morally corrupt banning and keeping of "not guilty" supporters cash that seemed to be done only to try and look good and get Robertson onto a talking shop Board...So whilst I wish that the next more "comprehensive" statement will make a difference and that Our Club is willing to fight thru the sfa's "shite and muck" to defend US..I can't say that I am 100% confident that they will...:power_of_anguish: 

Rangers Directors will take time to consider an appropriate and more comprehensive response to redress our grievances but for the moment the board fully endorses the incredulity and anger of all Rangers supporters.

meaning we'll sit back and protect ourselves while the fans take the fight up in our name

Thanks guys :dry:

A licence for any mob with intent to harm any player of choice with no sanctions for the club you support.
This started when a group of staff and players were allowed to assault a Rangers player and carried on with thousands of fans invading the pitch and any random cunt with a knife could have done some serious damage to any Rangers player or staff and fans who came on to offer some protection as the people charged with protecting them failed them miserably.
Let us not hold our breath on the thought that this will not end in our favour.
petrie and o'regan should have been searching the jobs ad coloumn months ago.
The board need to be shouting this at the top of there voices.

Give them time for fuck sake, they made a condemning statement after the game then had to wait to see what was the outcome of the official report into proceedings on the day which was delivered, it was all down to what the SFA took from that report and how they dealt with it, their charges are a fuckin joke and have completely let down the players and staff of one of their member clubs, The club will take legal advice and will respond in time to this shower of corrupt useless bastards that run our game, if no satisfaction is met then they should take it all the way to UEFA and if no satisfaction there then take the SFA to court for failing to protect a member clubs players and staff.

Cracking statement from the club.  The Battle Fever is truly on.

Only country in the world where players from your team are attacked, and they charge you for breaking hoardings and turf.

Fuck the SFA, Hibs and those associated with them, cause the bastards wont be getting my hard earned cash from now on.

I'll support my team in my home ground as per but away days are long gone.

Insubordinate wankers the lot of them and not fit for purpose.

Fed up reading words. I want action from our board. I really wish they would grow a set. By doing nothing here, the SFA have confirmed that it is now open season for riots at football matches without any significant consequences.

56 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Shocked and alarmed.   Quite right too.   And asserting that the SFA has failed to tackle the matter and has wimped it by putting its priorities on damage to its own property more than damage to players and staff of Rangers. 

But was this sort of 'avoid the real issues' line by the SFA not anticipated by the Rangers Board?  Do we not have enough experience in recent years of the SFA's lack of proper, effective, independent leadership and of their capacity to balls matters up on a spectacularly consistent basis? 

To need to 'take time to consider an appropriate and more comprehensive response ...' is unfortunate.  Perhaps unavoidable if some anticipation had not been made of the SFA line, which in itself indicates our execs may not have had enough of a pulse on the way of thinking at Hampden.   But still unfortunate.   Assault on players and staff is a very serious matter.   But there was no indication by the SFA of the importance of this is a very serious matter.  Clearly a firm and substantial response is needed.   I don't think that should be confined to issuing withering statements.   

Tangible action is needed to bring the SFA into the real world on this matter.   For starters, why could there not be an immediate reaction of withdrawing Rangers players from all Scotland squads at all levels since it is patently clear that the SFA is prepared to set aside any duty of care to look after their safety and welfare.   A threat of boycott of the Scottish Cup, and being prepared to carry out the threat, may be a way of bringing the SFA into line.    An immediate message spelling out that this is one of the measures the Board will actively consider - in fact has no option but to consider - since SFA has placed zero value on the safety and wellbeing of Rangers players and staff.   

Spot on mate, brilliant post.......(tu)

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

I really don't understand is, what more did people want the statement to say? Yes they could have mentioned the fact our charges are basically the same but even then I'm not sure if they would be allowed to, good statement IMO

How about Rangers FC, our players and supporters feel let down by the SFA and will not be participating in this year's Scottish Cup.

yes it may cost us a bit financially however we should look for alternative ways to make up the short fall.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Not as simple as that. If we were to withdraw from the Scottish Cup it would need SFA approval to play any friendlies.

We do not need to enter (not withdrawal); the competition is open to "eligible" teams. There is no requirement to enter.

I think it's a good statement & as others have said, without Strict Liability  (something RFC voted against) I'm not sure what else we can expect. 

I think it's a farce & shows the SFA to be toothless, do the charges mean that if there was no damage to the stadium there would be no charges at all?

Oh how I would love to see Rangers play outside this country, these a-holes don't deserve our money or support the Rangers fans give at away games. Let them keep their wee rule book that can be made up and changed at a drop of a hat especially if it's a Rangers hat they would be down on us like a ton of bricks, it's obvious to every Rangers fan how this lot operate and how one sided spfl are, its actually embarrassing.

I really hope the board do all they can to get us out of this league at the first opportunity and leave this lot to fester in their sh__

55 minutes ago, derekweir29 said:

Cracking statement from the club.  The Battle Fever is truly on.

Only country in the world where players from your team are attacked, and they charge you for breaking hoardings and turf.

Fuck the SFA, Hibs and those associated with them, cause the bastards wont be getting my hard earned cash from now on.

I'll support my team in my home ground as per but away days are long gone.

Insubordinate wankers the lot of them and not fit for purpose.

You only have to look at the difference in response between when Lennon was attacked at tynecastle and our players being attacked at the final , it was actually the over reaction from the media and the Celtic support in their quest to get John Wilson done with a sectarianly motivated attack when there was no proof of any sectarian undertone or reasoning behind the attack which led to him getting off lightly in that instance . but that is another issue for another day , mculloch was hit with a flag pole and it was hushed up and then the exact same following the hampden game . But I am just a "paranoid Protestant " after all 

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

I can still remember the Pride and admiration I had for our Directors when they made the BIG statement that called everyone out after the cup final shame game...Then..I am still not comfortable nor have I forgiven the sneaky and morally corrupt banning and keeping of "not guilty" supporters cash that seemed to be done only to try and look good and get Robertson onto a talking shop Board...So whilst I wish that the next more "comprehensive" statement will make a difference and that Our Club is willing to fight thru the sfa's "shite and muck" to defend US..I can't say that I am 100% confident that they will...:power_of_anguish: 

Was just about to say the same thing, they were quick to sell some of our fans down the river. These pandering words  are ringing hollow, nothing will change. The board simply do not have the stomach to take the SFA on.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

How about Rangers FC, our players and supporters feel let down by the SFA and will not be participating in this year's Scottish Cup.

yes it may cost us a bit financially however we should look for alternative ways to make up the short fall.

It's not as simple as just withdrawing. Our SFA membership dictates we compete in it. Withdrawing, theoretically, could see us expelled from all other competitions too.