Think I'm done with Rangers

7troop

I know this will attract criticism and probably even ridicule but reluctantly I feel compelled to voice my feelings.

I seen only the first half of Saturday's game on my iPad due to various technical issues my provider was experiencing. As a result I wasn't even aware of the extent of the sickening sectarian displays put on by the IRAceltic scum.

I had stayed away from all television coverage and media content deliberately until last night when I decided to check out some of the regular sports media I use. To my astonishment I seen the pictures dipicting the hanging of Rangers fans and Orangemen alongside the plethora of other hate and war inciting banners etc.

What really set me off though was the lack of reporting and condemnation of it by the vast array of sources who consistently go out of their way to attack and demonise Rangers fans for the slightest of misdemeanour.

Its been a long time since I've felt anger and rage like it. My wife was witness to emotions in me she has rarely if ever seen, I was physically shaking with rage. Those pictures of the hanging and the subsequent lack of condemnation have evoked feelings within me that I don't want or need resurfacing in my life.

Time after time after time we ( Rangers fans, Protestants, Unionists, British ) whatever title we fit are demonised, attacked and treated as sub human criminals by IRAceltic, their republican juggernaut and their complicit media and politicians. Every aspect of our existence, culture, beliefs and heritage is constantly under attack. Yet we have a clubs fans IRAceltic ( unlike no other ) whose continuous and ever increasing despicable acts of pure and deliberate sectarian hatred and incitements of violence which go unchallenged, unpunished and even condoned?

I grew up in East Belfast through the troubles and have experienced the carnage and social destruction that sectarianism and bigotry does so I'm far from an over sensitive soul. Norn Iron has largely albeit not entirely moved on from that now but things are majorly transformed.

Scotland however is poison beyond belief. I find the levels of allowance and the collaboration of so many haters right across the country towards us astonishing and the lack of people challenging this deplorable imbalance hard to comprehend. After this latest in what is such a long line of incidents perpetrated against our club and our people I simply cannot accept it unchallenged anymore. I'm sick of it, I'm tired of it, I'm done with it.

Its supposed to be about football which is the reason I support Rangers but everything that surrounds the club from our enemies is about anything but football. Glasgow and Belfast may share some obvious cultural similarities but I can assure you that the Unionist communities in Belfast and across Northern Ireland would never accept the disgraceful state of affairs you accept and live in in Glasgow.

How to hell have you all allowed things to get to the point of being treated as sub human, klan like social degenerates without any retribution? I'm not particularly knowledgable in Scottish politics and dynamics but surely there is some sort of structure or organisation out there to represent the Unionist / Loyalist / Protestant / British people of Scotland? Rangers football club won't die but I assure you that clubs future is in jeopardy because the fans of the club will die off and won't be replaced in adequate numbers by future generations. How will any young football fan out with Glasgow ever be attracted to Rangers in the future?

Although my current (7troop) username suggests I am relatively new on here the reality is I have been a member of Rangersmedia under a previous name since 2007/2008 ish. I have belonged to various groups / organisations and played an active role in defending our traditions in many different ways through the years but have just become so disillusioned with the lack of mobility and response from other Rangers fans and groups, particularly those based in Glasgow combined with the shameful actions of the Scottish media, government, police force and the many other haters.

When the only weapon of response or deterrent in your arsenal is Statements then you know your in trouble. Those years of dignified silence and ignoring the enemy has led to this point. Sleeping when we should have been wide awake.

Im prepared for the accusations that'll come my way on here over this but I just wish someone at the club would read the underlying message in my feelings, because I'm not alone. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, 7troop said:

I know this will attract criticism and probably even ridicule but reluctantly I feel compelled to voice my feelings.

I seen only the first half of Saturday's game on my iPad due to various technical issues my provider was experiencing. As a result I wasn't even aware of the extent of the sickening sectarian displays put on by the IRAceltic scum.

I had stayed away from all television coverage and media content deliberately until last night when I decided to check out some of the regular sports media I use. To my astonishment I seen the pictures dipicting the hanging of Rangers fans and Orangemen alongside the plethora of other hate and war inciting banners etc.

What really set me off though was the lack of reporting and condemnation of it by the vast array of sources who consistently go out of their way to attack and demonise Rangers fans for the slightest of misdemeanour.

Its been a long time since I've felt anger and rage like it. My wife was witness to emotions in me she has rarely if ever seen, I was physically shaking with rage. Those pictures of the hanging and the subsequent lack of condemnation have evoked feelings within me that I don't want or need resurfacing in my life.

Time after time after time we ( Rangers fans, Protestants, Unionists, British ) whatever title we fit are demonised, attacked and treated as sub human criminals by IRAceltic, their republican juggernaut and their complicit media and politicians. Every aspect of our existence, culture, beliefs and heritage is constantly under attack. Yet we have a clubs fans IRAceltic ( unlike no other ) whose continuous and ever increasing despicable acts of pure and deliberate sectarian hatred and incitements of violence which go unchallenged, unpunished and even condoned?

I grew up in East Belfast through the troubles and have experienced the carnage and social destruction that sectarianism and bigotry does so I'm far from an over sensitive soul. Norn Iron has largely albeit not entirely moved on from that now but things are majorly transformed.

Scotland however is poison beyond belief. I find the levels of allowance and the collaboration of so many haters right across the country towards us astonishing and the lack of people challenging this deplorable imbalance hard to comprehend. After this latest in what is such a long line of incidents perpetrated against our club and our people I simply cannot accept it unchallenged anymore. I'm sick of it, I'm tired of it, I'm done with it.

Its supposed to be about football which is the reason I support Rangers but everything that surrounds the club from our enemies is about anything but football. Glasgow and Belfast may share some obvious cultural similarities but I can assure you that the Unionist communities in Belfast and across Northern Ireland would never accept the disgraceful state of affairs you accept and live in in Glasgow.

How to hell have you all allowed things to get to the point of being treated as sub human, klan like social degenerates without any retribution? I'm not particularly knowledgable in Scottish politics and dynamics but surely there is some sort of structure or organisation out there to represent the Unionist / Loyalist / Protestant / British people of Scotland? Rangers football club won't die but I assure you that clubs future is in jeopardy because the fans of the club will die off and won't be replaced in adequate numbers by future generations. How will any young football fan out with Glasgow ever be attracted to Rangers in the future?

Although my current (7troop) username suggests I am relatively new on here the reality is I have been a member of Rangersmedia under a previous name since 2007/2008 ish. I have belonged to various groups / organisations and played an active role in defending our traditions in many different ways through the years but have just become so disillusioned with the lack of mobility and response from other Rangers fans and groups, particularly those based in Glasgow combined with the shameful actions of the Scottish media, government, police force and the many other haters.

When the only weapon of response or deterrent in your arsenal is Statements then you know your in trouble. Those years of dignified silence and ignoring the enemy has led to this point. Sleeping when we should have been wide awake.

Im prepared for the accusations that'll come my way on here over this but I just wish someone at the club would read the underlying message in my feelings, because I'm not alone. 

You make a lot of valid points m8,but surely this should only make you a more staunch Ranger ?

19 minutes ago, 7troop said:

little lamb chill out lad and have a wank ffs. Why would you walk away from Rangers? What else would you do with yourself at the weekend?

What the unwashed did with the hanging nonsense was distasteful to say the least, but we all move on. It will take a lot more than that, or being called an orange bastard or whatever other pathetic insults are fired our way to offend me and most people. I have more important things in my life to worry about over controversial 'banter'. 

Like you, I support Rangers as my football club purely for football reasons, and not because of religion. I don't have a religion, but at the same time I respect that Rangers is a traditional protestant football club, generally speaking. And it goes without saying that we're the most hated club in Scotland, but guess what... we don't care. 

Maybe you're having trouble with other issues in life mate, because the way you have described your anger right now seems a little abnormal. 

Finally, you cannot go from supporting a football team to not supporting them, can you? If you can, then you never truly supported that team in the first place. WATP.

Oh enough of this jeez what goes on off the park should not have anything to do with you following a club its no like turning off a lightswitch well its no like that for me its in my very soul.Having read the post again it makes no sense to me am going to stop following my team because of other ppl thats just nonsense am afraid,

36 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Never EVER let the bastards (Fenian in this case) get you down. What you are basically doing is letting them win. My mum and my granda would turn in their grave if the thought ever entered my head. No Surrender and fuck the pope!

My mum will be turning in her urn if we let Saturdays disgusting behaviour pass without comment. A line was crossed and action must be taken,this wasn't wind up or banter, this was hate crime .

Frustration manifests in many different ways. But to say your done with Rangers because of the disparity of the media is too much like surrendering to me and I am sure you don't really mean that. However you make good points. Saying you support Rangers nowadays attracts a perception from people. Saying you support Rangers makes non Rangers supports think "bigot" Such is the conditioning that has gone on for the last couple of decades and which went into overdrive in the last 8 years.

No one can deny that the relentless imbalance against our club has led to as being seen as an evil institution. Now if that is the perception then why are kids going to want to be associated with that, why are they going to be proud of being Rangers supporters? 

Paranoid protestants, victim mentality is what some will say, well its that pacifism that has led to where we are..... We need to be fighting our corner with regards to the double standards that are absolutely evident. We are no longer the establishment club, and thats ok, we don't seek to be the establishment club, we just seek to be treated equally.

The Offensive behaviour act is designed to criminalise Rangers fans above all else. The police absolutely treat Rangers fans differently, you can see it as clear as day, the cup final is absolute testament to that. the Police face the Rangers fans while the Hibs fans attack our players behind them. The reports from Parkhead are the same, a few thousand Rangers fans marshalled like criminals while the Celtic fans chant their bile at them.

I understand your frustration, there is no more infuriating feeling than injustice and a seeming inability to challenge the injustice. As a support we have laughed at the republican propaganda, at the ambulance chasing mentality, always cheated never defeated, the victim mentality they have nurtured and turned to their advantage. They cried for so long about how everyone was out to get them and we chortled and ignored them and the movement just grew and grew to the point that they had ref's on strike. The entire thing has completely worked for them now and we are not laughing now. Yet we still don't mobilise, we still don't harness the power we have through our numbers. we are the most supported club in the country and we let this happen, when we march against injustice we see a meagre turnout, a few hundred.

Imagine if we mobilised a crowd like we did for manchester? Imagine what could be accomplished if even a match day crowd decided to protest in Glasgow? Imagine if all Rangers supporters united behind a common cause, be it politically or economically. The power would be immense. We don't have to lower ourselves to their level of being the victims, we just need to point out the glaring imbalance.

So i completely understand your frustration that this kind of movement is not happening.

Walking away is not the answer, we need to unite behind something, we need leadership from somewhere. Maybe club 1872 can provide that, i don't know enough about the individuals running that. But until that leadership comes along we just have to carry on pointing out the disparity and doing the right things (like not wrecking toilets). We also need to get away from the religious thing, this is not about religion and its not about unionism, (if it was then Glasgow wouldn't have voted Yes for independence). this is about parity and equal treatment for a football club and right now that is not happening. When we argue based on Unionist, Loyalist and Protestant culture we are making it too easy for our detractors as well as alienating many of our own support who come from a broad cross section... we need to argue based on fair treatment for decent honest football supporters following the club they love

I see two issues in your post. I understand your rage at the what went on with those cunts and I don't understand how the fuck it was allowed to happen in this day and age. It needs to be addressed. But don't turn that into an " done with Rangers" thing. There has been many Bears fought hard and long to get us back where we belong. I live at the arse end of the world, and for one reason or another I might never get the chance to see the Famous Glasgow Rangers in the flesh. My bucket list is simple... A drink in a Bear friendly pub, an away trip on a supporters bus, an Ibrox bouncy, a walk round the Blue Room.  

You take for granted what I would die for. Last match my Dad ever attended was Cooper's testimonial and how awesome would that be? I would be delighted watching us play against some wee shit team in a  Shithole. Where will the next generation of fans come from? From us. My 8 year daughter is already a bluenose through and through. Her  favourite item of clothing is her Rangers dressing gown of all things ( special thanks to Donnymac's Mrs for bringing it along to footie training for her!) why, because she wears the crest! She sings all the songs and we don't give a fuck who doesn't like them. 

Never forget, WATP! Stay strong and stay with us, your club and your people need you more than ever before.

And for any of the hand wringers here, I was born and raised a proddie, I don't go to Church, I don't have to explain that to anyone. I see other bluenoses and know that they are just like me. My people. So fuck right off with the whole religion and football don,t mix. For me it is a way of life.

Mon the Gers!!

34 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

this is about parity and equal treatment for a football club and right now that is not happening. When we argue based on Unionist, Loyalist and Protestant culture we are making it too easy for our detractors as well as alienating many of our own support who come from a broad cross section... we need to argue based on fair treatment for decent honest football supporters following the club they love

One of the best posts on this board. Bolded bit is spot on. No one is saying we shouldn't be proud of our beliefs but we also have to accept our fans come from all sorts of backgrounds. Some don't consider the religious & unionism aspect as vital as others, and that's ok.

It's strange because the title sounds a lot more extreme than the the points you make. The point about how the loyalist community in Northern Ireland would never allow it to get where we are now in Scotland is spot on . But don't give up on rangers over that lot on Saturday .

4 hours ago, 7troop said:

Bye then

if you havent got the stomach for the fight or going to support us when we need it the most...then your not a true supporter anyway