****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Well obviously we have. What I was saying was that our overall performance today was much better than it has been. Warburton knows that he needs a quality centrehalf, that's why he spent all summer chasing them. 

Which I admitted. 

But we could be cruising. Two goals up. Conceded two set pieces. Then walk away with a point because we can't defend properly. The same issues time after time. 

If some think that performance is acceptable and that we are progressing, I'm wanting two of what they are on. Them denial pills must be best sellers and very effective.

It's a results driven business and if you don't get the results, you are on the slippery slope. What is it, failing to win 12 out of the last 17 games? Fucking horrendous. Progression, in your fucking dreams!

We had what, 61% of possession and ended up losing. So what's new? More importantly, WTF does it tell you?!

IMHO, the quality all round today was poor. McKay again MIA! Drop him FFS Mark!!

Lee had another off day, but whilst we may have the majority of possession, it just isn't pretty nor effective. Our play was slow from the back to the front and shot shy. Halliday I thought put in a decent enough shift, but sorry, the quality just isn't there and particularly in that position. There is absolutely no cutting edge to our play and IMHO, that is down to both the quality of the player we have and how we set up.

You see, when shite score against you and defeat you, we must realise there is something far wrong and I do not see any change in the last 17 games.

The answer to it is?

The equation that includes manager, selection, formation, player quality and budget, if we include challenging the scum. All those ingredients need addressed and promptly.

11 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

I'm sick of this possession shite! What's the point of having the ball and passing between your defenders and midfield endlessly if it has no end product. i.e. A goal.

I saw Kranjar coming on and just before he did, he was sat with DW flipping through sheets of paper, I assume with play options on them.

We're in danger of analyising this game out of exsistance andd it's getting us no where.

MW is a one trick pony and I'm very worried if he has any real ideas on how to get us out of this mess and start playing football.

What was it that Shankly said again?

Something like the great thing about football is it's a simple game.

Agree.

I am beginning to think MW is a control freak and the players are terrified to express themselves in their natural ability and talent. If this is indeed the case, then it will dumb down the players and demoralise them and I think it's now showing.

Beyond a joke. We can boss the field for 90 minutes but I never have faith we can score, which is the exact opposite of how I feel about the teams we face. We should have been out of sight by HT, but this team is an absolute joke in the box - can't score to save their lives (unless against far inferior opposition) and the supporting movement by teammates off the ball is non-existent. 

I agree 100% we put too much emphasis on possesion of the ball then we start to over pass the ball.some players realy need to get fitter than they are because we have too many passengers game to game and we need to play with more width and play players in the position they are used to. I said to the mate as the game was kicking off waggy looked in a huff because he was stuck out wide again after his hat trick midweek playing through the middle. but in saying all that if you defend the way we have been doing in most games since beating the scum in the semi you are not going to win many games. 

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Agree.

I am beginning to think MW is a control freak and the players are terrified to express themselves in their natural ability and talent. If this is indeed the case, then it will dumb down the players and demoralise them and I think it's now showing.

That Garner reaction video, he looked some what down trodden.

Could be that's he's just crap at given interviews, or it could be that he recognises his mistake at coming here with all the 'analysis'.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

What signs? Cuffing lower league sides?

Other than that it's been:

Beat in the Scottish Cup final

Draw at home to Hamilton in league opener

last minute win against Motherwell at Ibrox

Held on late to win at Dundee

Draw against 10 men at Killie

Smashed 5-1 by the tims

Beat by the sheep today

so please tell me these signs!?

the team is gelling. The results will follow.

11 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

That Garner reaction video, he looked some what down trodden.

Could be that's he's just crap at given interviews, or it could be that he recognises his mistake at coming here with all the 'analysis'.

Or it could be that he's just gutted. 

8 minutes ago, writingranger said:

the team is gelling. The results will follow.

:lol:

The best spell under MW was the first couple of months. That team gelled OK almost instantly. Then we gradually got worse. This season has continued from last seasons end of season horror display.

9 of the 11 starters were here last season. Why are they still gelling? 

1 hour ago, danger ranger said:

We had 63 percent of possession today and done nothing of any merit, we just look good and don't get anywhere and then give the opposition a gifted goal, different day same old mince, IMHO this turkey won't last to Christmas.

Behave yourself

Everything that's good about this team and the management absolutely shines through when we play teams of championship standard, hence the result and performance against qos! When we come up against a tough, well organised outfit we struggle! Sure, we'll dig out draws and the odd win here and there but that's not The Rangers I know! When you add to that a team that's got, even some, attacking prowess then we're fucked, as has been evident against the taigs and the sheep! 

Naive players, naive team selection, naive team structure, and naive manager who is starting to look out of his depth...comments like, and I'm paraphrasing: "there's no gap in quality", after the scum game, and: "we controlled the whole match today", after the sheep seducer's game! Desperate comments from a guy who is wobbling under the sheer pressure of what's unfolding! I hate to say it because I wholeheartedly put my faith in MW but I'm now starting to wonder if he's the right man for the job after all! 

I've said it before, I don't think the problem is our defenders or the personnel in defence...rather, it's the glaring flaws in the way we set up! Tav and Wallace bombing forward whilst leaving ourselves wide open at the back is not working for us! It never has against teams that have the ability to exploit it, and it never will! The first goal today...Tav out of position...defence exposed...goal! Second goal...Tav out of position...forced to chase back...good tackle tbf but that wanker of a ref gives a free kick...goal! Wallace could have been punished just as badly on the other flank, and nearly was a few times! This is an unnecessary flaw in our defending and it puts pressures on the whole team! Why is Warburton unable to, first, identify the problem and, second, do what's necessary to fucking rectify it?! 

Not in any way demanding the manager be sacked or anything like that because his philosophy still holds a lot of appeal for me but he needs to ensure defenders defend first and foremost, feel our way into games then let them bomb forward if the situation allows! It's insanity to continue making the same mistakes - for over a year now - and expecting a different outcome! How much longer can that be allowed to go on?! Is it blind arrogance from MW? Only he can sort it...if he doesn't, the decision might be taken away from him, I fear! 

This could be be a gruelling season right thru to May.

The same story again today, plenty of possession but nothing up front. Opposition again takes the lead and we struggle thereafter.

The poor goals to possession ratio was there in the Championship, but was offset by poor teams which could not take advantage of it.

I was hoping the additions to the squad would take us up a level to overcome this problem, but it hasn't.

I still believe in Warburton's approach, but something is broken and I am not sure how long it will take to fix.

Warburton changes the winning team oh what a good fucking idea. 

Waggy gets a hattrick playing through the middle and he puts him on the wing, fuck me fucking moronic decision.

Garner hasn't earned a starting berth yet.

Warburton is taking the piss, same predictable pish fitba week in week oot. I am sick and tired of the pish spouting from his mouth and the pish his team displays on the park.

Wallace is a fraud had you all sooking the spunk direct from his boaby with his rally the troops press conference, it's all fucking con artistry at most, he's not captain material end of.

Warburton needs to change his methods or we will be changing manager.

There's a real danger we could end up back in the championship with this fucker at the helm.

33 minutes ago, GrizzlyBear72 said:

Everything that's good about this team and the management absolutely shines through when we play teams of championship standard, hence the result and performance against qos! When we come up against a tough, well organised outfit we struggle! Sure, we'll dig out draws and the odd win here and there but that's not The Rangers I know! When you add to that a team that's got, even some, attacking prowess then we're fucked, as has been evident against the taigs and the sheep! 

Naive players, naive team selection, naive team structure, and naive manager who is starting to look out of his depth...comments like, and I'm paraphrasing: "there's no gap in quality", after the scum game, and: "we controlled the whole match today", after the sheep seducer's game! Desperate comments from a guy who is wobbling under the sheer pressure of what's unfolding! I hate to say it because I wholeheartedly put my faith in MW but I'm now starting to wonder if he's the right man for the job after all! 

I've said it before, I don't think the problem is our defenders or the personnel in defence...rather, it's the glaring flaws in the way we set up! Tav and Wallace bombing forward whilst leaving ourselves wide open at the back is not working for us! It never has against teams that have the ability to exploit it, and it never will! The first goal today...Tav out of position...defence exposed...goal! Second goal...Tav out of position...forced to chase back...good tackle tbf but that wanker of a ref gives a free kick...goal! Wallace could have been punished just as badly on the other flank, and nearly was a few times! This is an unnecessary flaw in our defending and it puts pressures on the whole team! Why is Warburton unable to, first, identify the problem and, second, do what's necessary to fucking rectify it?! 

Not in any way demanding the manager be sacked or anything like that because his philosophy still holds a lot of appeal for me but he needs to ensure defenders defend first and foremost, feel our way into games then let them bomb forward if the situation allows! It's insanity to continue making the same mistakes - for over a year now - and expecting a different outcome! How much longer can that be allowed to go on?! Is it blind arrogance from MW? Only he can sort it...if he doesn't, the decision might be taken away from him, I fear! 

I don't see how anyone can disagree with you that is simply stating the obvious.