Positives Tonight

onefootwillie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

The only 2 things  I can think of are the performance of MoH and that we gained a point on both Aberdeen and Hearts . Have to admit that is really grasping at straws . I keep thinking we have the players to put in a string of good performances then they keep disappointing 

My biggest positive from tonight was the size of the crowd on a cold midweek game.

6 minutes ago, AldoKrfc said:

Garner getting a goal and playing well was massive tonight. Think he showed that he can be our main striker this season. Windass looks good just needs a run of 5 or 6 games without injury. 

Just shows how we are all different As I thought Windass was no better than he was on Sunday and Garner scored but little else. MOH was my motm by a mile but in that piss poor excuse for a team that's not saying a lot.

6 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Just shows how we are all different As I thought Windass was no better than he was on Sunday and Garner scored but little else. MOH was my motm by a mile but in that piss poor excuse for a team that's not saying a lot.

I think due to the standard we are playing at, I am plucking out positives that are not really that clear but I thought Windass was just starting to pull the strings just as he was took off. Would have liked to see him play out the game but don't know if he had got injured when he went down. Garner should have had two goals tonight but I though overall he contributed well and he managed to get a few chances. 

1 hour ago, Dan Deacon said:

Kiernan played well

Could see Hill giving him directions and probably communicating with him better than Wilson does. He would go straight back to being a bombscare playing alongside anyone else I reckon.

The only positive was that we did not lose, outplayed,out passed, out paced and out fought in all areas by a very wasteful St Johnstone.

Out opponents passed their so easily through our midfield, amazing how passing forwards gets to goal chances so quickly and easily and how our habit of passing back and sideways in defensive areas causes problems.

4 hours ago, AldoKrfc said:

Garner getting a goal and playing well was massive tonight. Think he showed that he can be our main striker this season. Windass looks good just needs a run of 5 or 6 games without injury. 

Yes to this. And also people have been calling for McKay to get dropped to bench and he was. Then when he came on he was slotted in behind the strikers which I've also seen people on here calling for. And the back line (Hodson mistake apart) were very solid. Kiernan and Hill looked much better. Here's my prediction for Saturday; he plays a front three of Miller, Garner and Dodoo/MOH. I also think we'll see Rossiter in the holding role and Holt and Halliday in midfield.

In summary - people have been at the gaffer to change things up all season. Say what you like but tonight he tried at least two new ideas. And I think we saw at least a better performance from Garner.

You never know, it might still gel. People are also ignoring the fact that Aberdeen and Hearts just lost to supposedly much weaker teams as well. Next 2 games will be key IMO

6 hours ago, danger ranger said:

Warburton is nearer the exit, won't be long now.

A manager that speaks the same shit over and over again on post match interviews, while knowing that he is annoying fans badly. We will learn, we heard ever since that first game vs Hamilton. We've been learning ever since. For about 10 games we have like 12 goals, and 15 points. I cannot even think of 1 solid, good performance , where Rangers actually owned the pitch and gave the opposition hell. Says enough really. I wont miss him.