Mccall Settles For A Point

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/9807411/stuart-mccall-settles-for-a-points-as-rangers-draw-at-livingston

McCall said: "It probably panned out the way I expected once I went on the park before the game. It's a tight park, very dry and bumpy and they are fighting for their lives.

"I don't think it's a surprise it was two set-plays that got the goals.

"We didn't play as fluently as we would have liked, but it's a tough place to come and Hibs have got to come here next Wednesday.

"It was a fair result. We didn't deserve any more but they are fighting for their lives and the park wasn't conducive to playing nice football.

"That might not end up being a bad point. Obviously we wanted to come here and win but we have no divine right just to turn up anywhere and think we can just go and play."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/9807411/stuart-mccall-settles-for-a-points-as-rangers-draw-at-livingston

McCall said: "It probably panned out the way I expected once I went on the park before the game. It's a tight park, very dry and bumpy and they are fighting for their lives.

"I don't think it's a surprise it was two set-plays that got the goals.

"We didn't play as fluently as we would have liked, but it's a tough place to come and Hibs have got to come here next Wednesday.

"It was a fair result. We didn't deserve any more but they are fighting for their lives and the park wasn't conducive to playing nice football.

"That might not end up being a bad point. Obviously we wanted to come here and win but we have no divine right just to turn up anywhere and think we can just go and play."

They are bottom of the league because they are utter shite!!! 1 point against them is a very bad result and now that's 2 games you have failed to beat them ffs!

Happy with a point? He's gone to the mcdowell playbook with that one.

Why is there so much apathy when it comes to piss poor performances?

This is rangers and defeat is unacceptable.

1) he never said anywhere there that he was happy with a point

2) apathy from who ?

3) we drew.

Happy with a point? He's gone to the mcdowell playbook with that one.

Why is there so much apathy when it comes to piss poor performances?

This is rangers and defeat is unacceptable.

I don't think he will be "happy" with a point,mate; but I think his pre-match prediction that he expected it to be one of the hardest games remaining said it all.

In fact, the comment that concerned me more was: "It was a fair result. We didn't deserve any more but they are fighting for their lives and the park wasn't conducive to playing nice football.

That tells me our players weren't playing as if our lives depended on a victory and not capable of doing so in the present situation.

1) he never said anywhere there that he was happy with a point

2) apathy from who ?

3) we drew.

1. The inference is scattered throughout his comments- it's fair, it's not a bad point etc

2. Apathy from our managers and players this season. Too many times have we settled for points, we should be ripping these players a new arsehole for some truly awful displays

3. Correct, my mistake. In saying that, my point still stands. We are rangers, and winning should be our only goal, not drawing twice in a matter of weeks against the worst team in our league

Tbh I don't read that as him settling or being happy with a point - sounds to me like he's unhappy with the players but you have to be diplomatic when speaking to the press and not disrespect your opponents, I'm 100% sure the players won't have been told that last night was acceptable.

Last night was a fair result - we played fucking awful - saying it was a fair result doesn't mean anyone is happy with it, only that it is the way the game panned out

I didn't see the game or listen to the coverage on radio. I had to rely on the comments on here and the updates on the BBC website. My initial thoughts were the same as most of the comments on here. On reflection I am more pragmatic about the result. McCall makes the point that we didn't deserve anything more from the game. That is true based on what I previously said. This does not mean that he is either happy with the result or the performance. In fact I would go so far as to say that he is telling us that he was very unhappy with the result, albeit indirectly. He has praised the players when they deserved praise and he has been a Revelation since he's been here. Of course there will be set backs along the way, but I get the feeling that some people won't be happy until we are banging in goals left right and Chelsea and beating every team we play 8 or 9 nil.

Fuck off Stuart,your tactics were shite,you persevered with underperforming/shite players and now you're hitting with patronising excuses,sounds all too familiar we simply can't play 442 as has been proved countless times either Miller or Clarks needs to be dropped an Walsh brought in

I just don't understand how we can win 4-0, then decide to shoehorn the slowest defender on the planet into the squad who almost cost us a vital win just a few games ago.

It's madness. It must be contractual, it simply has to be.

I sympathise with the dross he has been left by McCoist, but playing Miller, who's knackered, McCulloch ditto and Boyd, who makes Kevin Kyle look like an athlete, shows poor judgement or misplaced faith at the least!

For Stuart McCall that game will be called Boydgate. His decision to bring him on reeked of panic and unclear and wishful thinking. Take away any expletive adjectives or nouns but Boyd just is not that good at all now and to say that he is the best we have ( tacitly that is the case if he gets on before others), is incredible.

If a sub was to be made it should have been Hardie for Miller; bringing Boyd on was an error. I can only imagine where this team would be without Vuckic, he and Law looked the only two posing any threat whatsoever. I'm still concerned about the middle of that defence; against a better team than Raith and that game against them could have been tight. Stuart McCall must get the best out these players for every game in this run-in; that they appear to get complacent, particularly away from home, is not a great sign.