Players Deserved Better - Ferguson

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just an excuse for these people to get in the paper with their mock outrage.

The fact is that they knew very well they wouldn't be coming back so it's not as if they were waiting in some anxious limbo for a call.

You have to question the character of these guys that, having been a part of the unacceptable shambles of last season the first thing they do afterwards is seek to create bad press for the club because they feel they've been slighted. Unreal.

Ferguson personifies the old-pals, brown-brogue cancer that has been endemic at Ibrox for many years.

Have you ever put one penny of your own money into the club Barry?

Thought not. Fuck off you wee ned.

The players last year went through 3 managers. The bitching and moaning from players who were nothing short of a disgrace last year sums up the chancers who were pretending to be professional.

As a club we should be informing players face to face why they are surplus to requirements, why this wasn't done is a mystery because every fan who had to watch that last year would have volunteered to tell them.

He makes a valid point regarding how standards at the club as a whole have slipped and yes it would have been better if they had all had a personal meeting to confirm the fact that they would no longer be required.

However, I wish the players who failed so spectacularly last season would just accept the fact that they did not perform to a level that warranted a new contract being offered.

I also wish ex-players would not indulge in providing support to their public complaints - the fact is the majority of them has already left the club much earlier in the season and had capitulated - remaining there only in body. Their spirit and minds were somewhere else.

Aye Barry the player's deserved better, what about the loyal support who have been through hell the last 3 season, did we not deserve better performances from these player's? They were rank fucking rotten and overpaid, as for you lecturing anyone, I don't understand how any real rangers man can read that shite of a newspaper, never mind work for it!

I agree with him. I think the club should have said something to the players, just because they were unprofessional, lazy, fuckers..... does not mean the club should act the same way.

We are better than that.

Correction Gogzy we were better than that until Fergusons mates dragged us into the gutter and now they have reaped the unprofessional seeds they sowed when they chose Nandos over training. Fergusons words just make him a hypocrite nothing else afterall did the club not deserve better than his unprofessional attitude during the PLG era and Boozegate lets face it McCulloch etal were only following the example set by Captain Ferguson before them.

Correction Gogzy we were better than that until Fergusons mates dragged us into the gutter and now they have reaped the unprofessional seeds they sowed when they chose Nandos over training. Fergusons words just make him a hypocrite nothing else afterall did the club not deserve better than his unprofessional attitude during the PLG era and Boozegate lets face it McCulloch etal were only following the example set by Captain Ferguson before them.

Unfortunately I have to agree that recently we may well have reaped what we had sown over the last 20 years.

Thank fuck we are now in to the period of big time change to hopefully finally bring us up to the standard of 21st century football.

Had a good long think about this myself. My first reaction was fuck that! these players contracts were up and they were not our standard of player (any longer in LM's case).

After reading some of the more sober replies I think my view has changed, they may not have been the standard of player that we expect at Rangers but our Man Management of their contracts and termination were not that standard they should be from our great institution.

We should always show respect in all the things we do, even if it is getting rid of bottle merchants and those that are not good enough. Hopefully MW will bring in a calm professional way of managing aspects like this so situations like this will not happen again.

Baz talks about a lack of class and professionalism on the part of the club but fails to see that this is exactly were these players fell down all season, hence the lack of sympathy for their situation.

Also apparently fails to see that a lack of professionalism and class is the reason he left the club second time round :lol:

Having said that, I do agree with him. We should've dealt with it with a bit more dignity. Two wrongs and all that. Just think it's a bit rich coming from him.