Why Are We Hated In Scotland

minstral

Just wondering peoples opinion of why we are hated in Scotland, and why people want to see the demise of our club. Why do the press and media attack our club all the time even when the court find in our favour.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be an alarming rise in Republicanism in this country. Too many people served by self-interest, bitterness and hatred. To them, having a kick at Rangers is as good as having a kick at the monarchy and unionism.

People are always jealous of success, it doesnt help when a portion of the country hate everything about the country they and their ancestors emigrated to! Different if we had enslaved them, totally understandable to hate from that angle, but we took them in and helped them as much as anyone did and they hate us for it. Its confusing for me, but it must be several kinds of hell for them.

Sorry to say this but i think football is just the tip of the iceberg,how we rangers fan deal with this senario will give them a clue as to how we will react when there is more to come i predict,as this was started a few years ago. :angry::5536:

Ultimately its success however when you mix in we are the establishment and they the minority ie the tiags albeit an organised minority hate our values and everything we stand for, we shouldn't be surprised. Recent events have given this minority a voice. Least we forget. We shall prevail and be strong again, with a very long memory.

Because:

Fact:

1- We're better than everyone else, and always have been.

2- We command the press and dominate the news in times good or bad because of how huge we are.

Fiction:

1- We're all racist and sectarian bigots. Down to the last child.

2- We are all English

3- We are all directly related to Edward I

4- We killed William Wallace. Down to the last child.

5- We don't pump weans.

6- We don't go on about our European cup like it was won last year against Barcelona.

Ove the years we have given most Scottish teams a good hiding and i can understand why so many people hate us but its the media part that gets me.

They really do savage Rangers, maybe too many bitter tims are in high positions within the media and the problem is they are the real bigots, they hate Protestants and they hate all things British and thats why they attack Rangers.

Its fine saying Man Utd etc are hated as they are their countries top team but the English media certainly dont savage Man Utd on a daily basis.

Only signing Protestants still sticks in peoples craws even though we have moved on from that era but when you consider the two most successful Clubs on the planet are from Protestant backgrounds, Rangers and Linfield, we must have been doing something right.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think theres ever been a Protestant in the bheggars boardroom, has there?

So for me, Protestant, British and the most successful Club in the World is why we're hated - No one likes, We dont care!