If we had won the Ramsdens...

corkinator

......do you think we, as fans, would have had a different outlook than we do today?

I kind of blame Ally McCoist for us going into Admin as if his team hadn't bottled it against euro minows to reach the UCL we would have been fine, most likely.

AGAIN, his team bottling it against Raith has caused us to question EVERYTHING and I believe prevented people buying up season tickets as we've had enough dross.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

......do you think we, as fans, would have had a different outlook than we do today?

I kind of blame Ally McCoist for us going into Admin as if his team hadn't bottled it against euro minows to reach the UCL we would have been fine, most likely.

AGAIN, his team bottling it against Raith has caused us to question EVERYTHING and I believe prevented people buying up season tickets as we've had enough dross.

If the club had been healthy enough to withstand a few poor results, we would have been fine as well. Murray and Whyte are the reasons for administration, not McCoist.

Yeah, agreeing with The Goal Machine, I think its unfair to blame McCoist for admin. Champions league money would not have saved the club from that. That goes back a lot further, and a lot deeper than missing out on champions league money.

Who's to say that the BTC would have went our way if we were high flying?

If it were a choice between having 5 years of graft, cuts and pain or the 50/50 possibility of £100m+ owed and two decades of pain

I wouldn't take my chances with the later... especially at a time when everyone wanted to stick one to us.

You can blame McCoist for the stamdard of play to the quality of signings but only someone very harsh could blame him for Admin, he might have been to blame for the performances in Europe which cost us potentially millions but Rangers Football Club should never be dependent on.Champions League money to survive, McCoist didn't give himself the job, David Murray with Walter Smith in his ear gave Ally the job.

What you're seeing at Manchester United is basically what happened with us, the old fashioned great Scottish manager advised the club to go with an unproven at their level Manager because he seen something of young self in him, it didn't work in Manchester and its not worked here.

I don't think qualifying for europe would have saved us from admin. It was the big tax case looming over is that made admin a certainty.

It was failure to pay current PAYE & VAT that forced HMRC's hand and made Whyte make his move into admin in a race against HMRC.

CL money could have been used for those liabilities & prevented HMRC from forcing Whyte's hand until the BTC result came out.

(Or Whyte could have nicked the CL money - that we'll never know!)

It was failure to pay current PAYE & VAT that forced HMRC's hand and made Whyte make his move into admin in a race against HMRC.

CL money could have been used for those liabilities & prevented HMRC from forcing Whyte's hand until the BTC result came out.

(Or Whyte could have nicked the CL money - that we'll never know!)

I don't believe for a second shyte had any intention of paying anything. I think admin and sell on was always his goal. He just made a rip roaring cunt of it.

Yeah, agreeing with The Goal Machine, I think its unfair to blame McCoist for admin. Champions league money would not have saved the club from that. That goes back a lot further, and a lot deeper than missing out on champions league money.

my understanding was because we got hoofed out the UCL we missed out on 15mil and thats why shyte never paid tax & NI, IF we had of got to the group stages their would have been finances for these payments. he's used the tax & NI to run the club.

I don't believe for a second shyte had any intention of paying anything. I think admin and sell on was always his goal. He just made a rip roaring cunt of it.

Unfortunately, we were deprived of the chance to find out how it would have worked out if he'd had a choice - it may very well have ended the same way.

Yes i think things would be very different. The fans would still have their criticisms of McCoist and that won't change. However we were expected to win that cup and the fact we toiled and laboured to an embarrassing defeat was the last straw for many fans. The anger, hurt and humiliation was just one too many with McCoist as manager.

We didn't expect to beat United. I think deep down most of us wanted to go at them and if we were to go out then we did so in a blaze of glory.

That defeat merely entrenched the views of many that with McCoist remaining as manager we are going nowhere.

I think things would have been different if we had actually tried to win the ramsdens, never mind winning it.

However, a lot of people had made their mind up about mccoist long before that, i would still been a mccoist supporter, but i was in the minority on here at least before the final.

my understanding was because we got hoofed out the UCL we missed out on 15mil and thats why shyte never paid tax & NI, IF we had of got to the group stages their would have been finances for these payments. he's used the tax & NI to run the club.

I don't think we would have liked Rangers under whyte, what about the season tickets sold to ticketus, how would we have made up that revenue, the truth is Rangers would have went into admin regardless of making the CL it was part of whytes plan to get rid of the toxic debt. CL money doesnt gat paid out till june I think so it would have went straight in to admin cash.

I don't think we would have liked Rangers under whyte, what about the season tickets sold to ticketus, how would we have made up that revenue, the truth is Rangers would have went into admin regardless of making the CL it was part of whytes plan to get rid of the toxic debt. CL money doesnt gat paid out till june I think so it would have went straight in to admin cash.

I think we could have secured funding against the CL dosh, which would have kept the wheels spinning.