Daily Record Got Duped.

WATBB

An experiment was conducted to see how daft/biased the Daily Record really were, and they took the bait, and they didn't just run with it, they sprinted with it.

You'll remember their story from the other day about the banned fan "sneaking" back into Ibrox etc, faux outrage filling their story. They've also ran with it again today on the FRONT PAGE of the paper:

nexc7l.png

However... The "selfie" from Ibrox is actually years old (prior to his ban) and a conversation between the fan inquestion and a relative, hours/days before the story went to papers and indeed the front page, has emerged online.

It's very damning for the record, and the journalist that ran with the story: Mark McGivern.

1484682_830728367000125_6359333481014328

11120_830728403666788_455448374042826390

10277011_830728430333452_356571671532884

10300149_830728460333449_711963900084024

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The old board actually got one thing right: Banning the Daily Record.

This wee experiment the fan done just goes to show how easily it is to get a negative Rangers story (no matter whether it's true or not) to the front/back page.

So that's the Scotsman and the Record showing their true colours in consecutive days

I'm sure the new board will be all over this demanding apologies from both

Perhaps paul will invite them out for some succulent lamb, once Mr king has told him what card to charge it too

So that's the Scotsman and the Record showing their true colours in consecutive days

I'm sure the new board will be all over this demanding apologies from both

Perhaps paul will invite them out for some succulent lamb, once Mr king has told him what card to charge it too

Does every thread need to end up about the board? :sleep1::sleep1:

Would he not have been better giving the story to the Sun who would probably love making the rebel look daft?

The Sun are just as bad but as proved with the Brown story .They are not in bed with the scum .Just yet . I fucking hate Murray for making that remark the other week .It was what every bear would have expected of him .He is a slimy arse licker and bad news if he stays around our club IMO

Why is the guy barred? Did he get a banning order at football for nothing to do with it? Does that mean everyone who has served jail term should be banned for life from Ibrox. Guy was a dick but that doesn't sit right with me.

I don't remember him getting a banning order but didn't DK ban him after the DR broke this 'story'? As long as its as effective as Sandy Chuggs 4 life bans then he'll be fine.:)

It does explain why he was sat out in his garden looking smug the other day. My in-laws know of him and he's not the sharpest so I doubt he thought too long about the way this would pan out.