How Would You Spend Transfer Kitty?

kris1984

If you were our new manager and are handed a increased wage budget (12m a year?) with some money to burn on fees - let's say £5m - how would you spend it

Personally I would try get Wilson, Allan & Stevie May for right up the spine of the team then build from that

Others I would look at: Jason Naismith, Rory McKenzie, new GK, 2 wingers, CM and a few squad players

No one over 24

Prob pushing limits of funds with that

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we are going to spend on players I think the manager is going to need a budget of closer to 10 million for players. Allen and Stevie May would be good starts don't see Wilson coming to us however. We are not going to attract good foreign players so we need to focus on the best young Scottish players we can get supplementing the best young players we have at present.

I have no idea in terms of specific targets.

However, one thing we need to do is buy players who we will get the benefit out of when we get back to the top flight. We can't afford to do what we've done the past three years and rely on mediocre free transfers. If it means spending a good bit more money this season, then so be it.

Scott Allan

Ciftci

Grant Hanley (on loan)

Graham Dorrans (on loan)

Lewis Macleod

My starting 11 would be this next season.

Kelly

Sinnamon

Gasparotto

Hanley

Wallace

Murdoch

Dorrans

Allan

Macleod

Gallacher

Ciftci

Scott Allan

Ciftci

Grant Hanley (on loan)

Graham Dorrans (on loan)

Lewis Macleod

My starting 11 would be this next season.

Kelly

Sinnamon

Gasparotto

Hanley

Wallace

Murdoch

Dorrans

Allan

Macleod

Gallacher

Ciftci

Hanley must be on £20k a week? Is he no their captain?

No idea on specific targets as I suspect there are hidden gems around lower leagues of England and across the world at a reduced fee than say Wilson.

In regard to the overall budget I suspect wages should be capped and the manager needs to work with that regardless of fees etc.

I think he will need to spend around 3/4 of our budgets this season and as King mentioned this should be in players that have potential to play a few seasons and good enough to compete in the premier league; and of course, have sell on value.

A defence first and foremost.

A quality CB and RB are a must. If we could add two CB's then perfect. Cover at left back may be needed aswell.

A new GK would be my next port of call. Certainly cover is needed if the new manager decided to stick with Bell.

Once the foundations are set my priority would be a creative midfielder (Scott Allan), couple pacy wingers, an experienced holding midfield player and a couple quality strikers.

We really could be looking at 10+ players coming in over the summer in an ideal world, especially if we want to compete on four fronts.

Massive ask for those players aswell as a new management team to come and be bang at it right from the start.

Ok here goes

Nadir Ciftci - Dundee Utd - £500,000 (or get him on a Pre-Contract in Jan)

Stevie May - Sheffield Wednesday - £500,000

Scott Allan - Hibernian - £400,000

Danny Wilson - Free

Shay Logan - Aberdeen - £150,000

Craig Sibbald - Falkirk - £250,000

3 pints of lager and a packet of crisps :cheers:

Good right back, strong central midfielder, one target man striker and some positional cover, then personally I would like to see the likes of Walsh, Casparato, Halket, Galagher and possibly Barrie McKay getting more game time. (tu)

Great mix of experience, new signings and youth = Promotion imo :pipe:

Wouldn't be spending it on bang average shite from Scotland anyway.

This is another reason I really hope we get Warburton in because his knowledge of the Championship/L1/L2 will be very useful for player recruitment.

Wouldn't be spending it on bang average shite from Scotland anyway.

This is another reason I really hope we get Warburton in because his knowledge of the Championship/L1/L2 will be very useful for player recruitment.

(tu)

Apart from Allan and personally I think Liam Fontaine would be a good signing, I would hope if it is Warburton, he will use his knowledge of the lower leagues in England and snap up some cheap quality talent.

It's certainly something other Scottish clubs have done to their advantage.

Some people need a slap back to reality, some of the players mentioned in this thread are bizarre, we're in the second tier of the worst league setups in world football fs.