***The Official Rangers v Dundee United Thread***

Muff

:mcgregor:
:broadfoot: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:
:lafferty: :davis: :mcculloch: :novo:
:boyd: :miller:

Madjid Bougherra's last game before he goes to the African Nations.

According to the official website, DaMarcus Beasley is set to be out for the next 2-3 weeks.

Steven Naismith should be back, but does not deserve to get back in the starting 11 straight away.

Maurice Edu does not seem ready to start, so the team should stay the same, unless there are any other niggles/injuries?

Must take our good form into this game, and come away with all three points - massive game this one!

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go with that team although I do not like Lafferty laying out wide, even though he did OK today.

We might see Davis play on the right with Edu coming in beside McCulloch.

This game, as you say, is absolutely massive. Our win today will count for nothing if we slip up at home to Dundee Utd. 3 points nothing else!

no point changing a winning team although i really dont like lafferty out on the right... but then who else is there?

Started off slowly, like a number of players, but came onto a game, and played quite well. Was a danger when running with the ball at his feet - not ideal, but who else do we have? Edu doesn't look fit enough to start, Beasley is out, as are Mendes and Thomson - meaning Davis will continue in the middle, Naismith could be back, but he doesn't deserve to start, Fleck is wasted out there, Novo is playing well on the left....so unless Steven Whittaker or Andrew Little are given a go out there, then it will be Lafferty, and from the 30th minute onwards, they all played well today, so no real need to change things, unless someone has picked up an injury etc....

According to the official website, DaMarcus Beasley is set to be out for the next 2-3 weeks.

Steven Naismith should be back, but does not deserve to get back in the starting 11 straight away.

Maurice Edu does not seem ready to start, so the team should stay the same, unless there are any other niggles/injuries?

Must take our good form into this game, and come away with all three points - massive game this one!

The commentator at the game today said something about,Rangers are waiting to see if Bougherra will be allowed to stay for the Celtic game,and would find out later today if he's allowed.What was that all about Muff? Fingers crossed.

The commentator at the game today said something about,Rangers are waiting to see if Bougherra will be allowed to stay for the Celtic game,and would find out later today if he's allowed.What was that all about Muff? Fingers crossed.

Don't know, I was at the game, but on the official site, it say's that Bougherra will be off after the Dundee United game.

MADJID BOUGHERRA will be available for one more Rangers game before he leaves for Angola to take part in the African Cup of Nations.

It had been expected the defender's appearance against Hibernian today would be his final outing of 2009 ahead of his participation in the tournament with Algeria.

But he has been given special dispensation to turn out against Dundee United on Wednesday night at Ibrox.

Bougherra will then leave Glasgow for France on Thursday morning and could be away until the end of January, depending on how his country performs in the tournament.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1916304

Don't know, I was at the game, but on the official site, it say's that Bougherra will be off after the Dundee United game.

MADJID BOUGHERRA will be available for one more Rangers game before he leaves for Angola to take part in the African Cup of Nations.

It had been expected the defender's appearance against Hibernian today would be his final outing of 2009 ahead of his participation in the tournament with Algeria.

But he has been given special dispensation to turn out against Dundee United on Wednesday night at Ibrox.

Bougherra will then leave Glasgow for France on Thursday morning and could be away until the end of January, depending on how his country performs in the tournament.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1916304

Aye! I saw that on the official site earlier.I was just wondering if maybe, he had pleaded with Algeria to give him one more game. :unsure:

:whittaker: :davis: :mcculloch: :novo:

I'd go for that, lets just hope DMB can get fit soon.

This (tu)

First game with my new season ticket :D