Manchester United, Valencia, Rangers and Bursaspor.

caseyjones

What I want ;

Chelsea

Real Madrid

Hapoel Tel Aviv

What I think we wil get ;

Barcelona

Panathiniakos

Auxerre

What I think would be the easiest ;

Lyon

Benfica

MSK Zilina

What I think would be the hardest ;

Barcelona

Real Madrid (don't know if you can get 2 teams from the 1 country, if so, replace them with Roma)

FC Twente

Think that sums it up for me :)

you cant mate cos they would also play each other

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you are right, but then the whole draw would need arranged as barca can't get Madrid or Valencia in pot 2 so are they drawn first? What about the marseille in pot 2 they can't get Lyon in pot 1?

That's right.

Pot 1 is a straight draw but Pots 2 to 4 are a straight draw but if the team drawn out cannot go into the group they are drawn for they are automatically moved to the first available group that does not have a team from their country in it.

For example if Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea were in groups A, B and C and Spurs were the first team out of Pot 3 they would get put in group D, first available group without an English club.

The probelm comes if Spurs are one of the last out of the hat in pot 3 and only groups with English clubs were left then that wouldn't work, which is why I think they need to ensure these clubs are sorted first. Same goes for any other country clashes.

I reckon we'll be in a group with

Chelsea or Inter

Real Madrid (I fancy Mourinho to be drawn against a former team)

Auxerre (Smith has unfinished business with these cheese eating surrender monkeys)

I'd be well happy with that draw, we could easily top the group! ;)

Figure Walter will get what he wants.

Chelsea, Real and FC Twente.

It's already in the bag to go thru.

Home:

Chelsea - Draw,

Real - Shock win.. Big Niko with an injury time winner in an unbelievable 4-3 match

Twente - Weiss dominates the match. GERS 3-0 FC Twente.

Away?

Chelsea - Shock draw

Real -- Dodgy call by the linesman to give Real an offside goal -- Typical

Twente. Draw.

We end up on 9 PTS in second place.

Real 3rd.

EASY!

That's right.

Pot 1 is a straight draw but Pots 2 to 4 are a straight draw but if the team drawn out cannot go into the group they are drawn for they are automatically moved to the first available group that does not have a team from their country in it.

For example if Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea were in groups A, B and C and Spurs were the first team out of Pot 3 they would get put in group D, first available group without an English club.

The probelm comes if Spurs are one of the last out of the hat in pot 3 and only groups with English clubs were left then that wouldn't work, which is why I think they need to ensure these clubs are sorted first. Same goes for any other country clashes.

Do they not have pots with the teams names and pots with the groups, so like they would put the groups into a bowl that Spurs can be in and thats how they solve that problem.

Every bear thats going to these game or watching them on tv we must enjoy it this could be the last time for years we get to travel the world watching our team :disappointment: , Bring on the big guns and lets go out with a bang!!! FTP :crabflute:

Agreed mate. I love watching the draw when The Rangers are in it. Something magical mixing it with the Euro elite. Makes me so damn proud! (Or make that even MORE proud than usual!)

Think we will get Bayern, Marseille and F.C Twente.

Although I am thinking a trip back to Manchester may be on the cards.

I want Chelsea, Real and FC Twente.

Also I mind taking the day off work last year as a holiday for the draw, I just sat in the house with Gers tunes on and got blazing. Was great.

Last year was the exception, not the rule

I expect to see us push all the way for 2nd, especially since we have improved our squad

That's the attitude of a Rangers man.. right there! :21: :21: :21: :21:

What's this 'hopefully' finishing 3rd shite! Bring on the best!

Every bear thats going to these game or watching them on tv we must enjoy it this could be the last time for years we get to travel the world watching our team :disappointment: , Bring on the big guns and lets go out with a bang!!! FTP :crabflute:

Calm down, mate!

Even if CL qualification isn't guaranteed, there will still be Europa Cup matches to look forward to.

nah 3 in 7 - spurs are guaranteed one of the non-english teams.

no matter who we get tho ive got a feeling this is going to be a good euro campaign

Surely we have a 1 in 2 chance of getting an English team as there will be the three top seeds in groups then Spurs in another.

8 groups, 4 containing English teams, i make that a 50% chance!

EDIT : Spurs are in pot 3, It's a 3 in 7 chance afterall!! doh