Boxing and MMA

I've finally watched the fight after avoiding the internet and whole country. What a fight! I had Carl winning by a couple rounds in the end, he had more eye catching shots as well. Very close fight, and thought LSC would actually get the home result. 

2 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

Over the moon for Carl.

The fight was such a pleasure to watch and could have the makings of a modern day Morales v Barrera trilogy.

I'm coming round to the idea that Frampton has the beating of Rigondeaux too

this fight will never happen, rigo will not move to 126 and there is rumours carl bust a blood vessel in one of his testicals trying to make weight for 122. He looked far more healthier and fit at 126 and not drained like a zombie.  

10 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

this fight will never happen, rigo will not move to 126 and there is rumours carl bust a blood vessel in one of his testicals trying to make weight for 122. He looked far more healthier and fit at 126 and not drained like a zombie.  

Ouch! Carl won't go back down now. Rigondeaux is the biggest enigma in boxing. I wish he would get quality opponents. 

21 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

He's already called Carl out. Seems willing to go to Belfast for the payday

http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeaux-wastes-no-time-calling-out-victorious-frampton--107261

18 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

He's already called Carl out. Seems willing to go to Belfast for the payday

http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeaux-wastes-no-time-calling-out-victorious-frampton--107261

yea, seen that, barry and carl already dismissed it last night, called it a snooze fest and imo rigo will not go up to 126. 

5 hours ago, Da Kool Blue said:

Woodley wanting Nick Diaz for his next fight, which isn't surprising as Nick is by far and away the biggest draw at WW and one of the top draws in the UFC. I would've loved to have seen Lawler/Diaz 2, but I'll settle for Woodley/Diaz in New York. :D 

Lawler Diaz 2 and Woodley Wonderboy would be the 2 best fights for me

Seems mental to hand Nick another title shot - he hasn't won since 2011 :lol:

And yet, I would watch the shit outta that fight regardless

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Lawler Diaz 2 and Woodley Wonderboy would be the 2 best fights for me

Seems mental to hand Nick another title shot - he hasn't won since 2011 :lol:

And yet, I would watch the shit outta that fight regardless

It would be mental in an actual sport :lol: Dan Henderson getting a title shot just shows that the UFC is primarily an entertainment organisation rather than a sporting organisation. 

26 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

It would be mental in an actual sport :lol: Dan Henderson getting a title shot just shows that the UFC is primarily an entertainment organisation rather than a sporting organisation. 

So true :lol:

Imagine the scenes if Nick won 

3 hours ago, dee9 said:

Put £100 on frampton lastnight when i was blazing at odds of 21/10.

Woke up this morning and signed into my hills account and noticed the balance..........didnt even realise i had placed it:dioufcheer:

Well done mate, nice way to start the day.

Absolutely delighted for Carl. Brilliant fight and to be honest I doubted whether he would do it.

He was just so cool and controlled for most of the fight and given the disparity in terms of reach and volume of punches it is a truly fantastic result.

Id like to see a big defence in Belfast Windsor park next summer.

A change is coming... eventually.

After the Athletic Boxing Commission (ABC) approved changes to the unified rules for mixed martial arts (MMA) on Tuesday (Aug. 2, 2016), MMA Fighting reports the new rules will not go into effect until Jan. 1, 2017.

So, how exactly will the new rules affect the sport? Here is a small sample some of the changes:

Grounded fighter

A grounded fighter is defined as: Any part of the body, other than a single hand and feet touching the fighting area floor. To be grounded, both hands and feet, palm/fist down, and/or any other body part must be touching the fighting area floor. At this time, kicks or knees to the head will not be allowed.

Extended fingers

In the standing position, a fighter that moves their arm(s) toward their opponent with an open hand, fingers pointing at the opponent's face/eyes, will be a foul. Referees are to prevent this dangerous behavior by communicating clearly to fighters. Fighters are directed to close their fists or point their fingers straight in the air when reaching toward their opponent.

Female clothing

Female competitors must wear a short-sleeved (above the elbow) or sleeveless form-fitting rash guard and/or sports bra. No loose-fitting tops are allowed. Female competitors will follow the same requirements for bottom coverings as the male competitors, minus the requirement for groin protection.

The new rules will also affect the judging criteria when it comes to scoring 10-8, rounds, as well as removing two fouls from the MMA Unified Rules, including heel strikes to the kidneys and the grabbing of the clavicle.

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/8/3/12371370/new-mma-rules-including-eye-pokes-and-grounded-fighters-take-effect-january?_ga=1.258374284.727283023.1467757967

6 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

A change is coming... eventually.

After the Athletic Boxing Commission (ABC) approved changes to the unified rules for mixed martial arts (MMA) on Tuesday (Aug. 2, 2016), MMA Fighting reports the new rules will not go into effect until Jan. 1, 2017.

So, how exactly will the new rules affect the sport? Here is a small sample some of the changes:

Grounded fighter

A grounded fighter is defined as: Any part of the body, other than a single hand and feet touching the fighting area floor. To be grounded, both hands and feet, palm/fist down, and/or any other body part must be touching the fighting area floor. At this time, kicks or knees to the head will not be allowed.

Extended fingers

In the standing position, a fighter that moves their arm(s) toward their opponent with an open hand, fingers pointing at the opponent's face/eyes, will be a foul. Referees are to prevent this dangerous behavior by communicating clearly to fighters. Fighters are directed to close their fists or point their fingers straight in the air when reaching toward their opponent.

Female clothing

Female competitors must wear a short-sleeved (above the elbow) or sleeveless form-fitting rash guard and/or sports bra. No loose-fitting tops are allowed. Female competitors will follow the same requirements for bottom coverings as the male competitors, minus the requirement for groin protection.

The new rules will also affect the judging criteria when it comes to scoring 10-8, rounds, as well as removing two fouls from the MMA Unified Rules, including heel strikes to the kidneys and the grabbing of the clavicle.

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/8/3/12371370/new-mma-rules-including-eye-pokes-and-grounded-fighters-take-effect-january?_ga=1.258374284.727283023.1467757967

Was hoping to see the head stomp or punt kick from back in the pride days , lethal ! 

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Andre ward fight this weekend no watching it live tho ward sends me to sleep

Agreed, he's not the most exciting fighter or one you'd go out of your way to watch. However you can't doubt the guys talent and professionalism. He seems a real nice guy and gentleman of the sport.