Boxing and MMA

18 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Losing 3 in a row would be some fall from grace man. But I doubt he'd be ditched by the UFC after 3 loses, regardless of losing 3 in a row he'd still be a big draw.

Aye, he wouldnt fall off the face of the earth of course. But the bandwagon would grind to a halt. 

8 hours ago, gogzy said:

Connor underestimated Nates skills, there is no doubt about that.  We will have to agree to disagree with the whole "who is in whos head" thing.

COnnor tried to KO him in round one, and threw his punches at 100% and burned himself out, complete rookie move.   Nate came out in the second and compltetly dominated him, made him take nate to the ground and by that time it was all over. 

Connor can't hang with Nate on the ground, and if he can't lay a KO punch on Nate, before Nate lands one on him, then Connor has very little chance of winning this rematch.   Nate is a better all round fighter, connor bit off more than he could chew.  He has spent his career beating up midgets ( as connor told him)  He drops 30lbs before the wiegh in and then comes in about 10 lbs heavier than his opponent by the fight.

The very first time he fought a guy the same size as him ( which he is, connors walk around weight is about 170, as is nates) with some skills, he got his ass handed to him.   I see the next fight going the same way, unless nate doesn't bring his A game, then Connor has a chance.

fancy a fiver bet ( loser pays govanblues erskine fund, or the rangers charity foundation) on who wins the rematch?

Connor will win IMO, He is taking this seriously when he treated the last fight like a given.

He also didn't get his 'ass' handed to him last time...If you watched the fight you can clearly see he battered fuck out of Diaz for in the first round then became sloppy and got caught...then submitted. It wasn't an annihilation like you are trying to make out.

Diaz will hopefully be punched hard enough to string a sentence together regardless.

I don't like either of them ones a jumped up irish prick and the others a retarded slab of meat.

McGregors ploughed money into his camp for this and is training specific. IFC has used that to build a narrative that he's working harder. Nate's got his work done behind the scenes, and he's years ahead of McGregor anyway, you don't catch up in 6 months. It's also a complete myth that McGregor totally dominated the fight, again a case of people just buying everything the guy says. Diaz put in some solid work, his jab and counters for the most part and elusiveness even though he circled towards Conors favourite punch. Second round showed he's a superior boxer. 

This is very winnable fight for Mcgregor - however, he has to completely go against his own personality, stop the constant trying to knock cunts out with the left hand all the time and actually stick to a strict gameplan. Otherwise 5 rounds is a lifetime against any Diaz brother. 

Leg kicks have played huge roles in a lot of the lopsided losses in Nate's fights, so I'd absolutely expect Conor to utilise them big time. That and pace himself this time, not just headhunting - instead picking his combos and drag it to the judges. 

As I say, it's absolutely winnable... but will Conor stick to whatever the gameplan is for the entire fight? Diaz will land his combos and he absolutely will be talking maaaad shit from the second he steps into the cage, plus the crowd might even get in Conor's head if they start booing Conor's potentially boring gameplan... 

I'm very interested to see whether he sticks to it, or later on in the fight, maybe starts thinking Nate's fading and goes for the knockout only to fall into the same trap as last time.

Another, far shittier possibilty is a doctor stoppage. Both Diaz brothers have tonnes of scar tissue and I'd be so gutted if this gets ruined by a doctor stoppage :disappointment:

The rest of the card has some stellar fucking fights as well - Rumble vs Glover (winner gets DC), Cowboy vs Story (Cowboy looked phenomenal against Cote in his last fight) and Magny vs Larkin is a great fight too. Plus, every possibilty Mizugaki stops the Garbrandt hype train!

Safe to say I'm looking forward to the card (tu)

47 minutes ago, minus22 said:

Is it BT 1 or 2 it's on?  If it's 1 I'm sorted, if it's 2 I'll be hoping to find a decent stream. I have googled it but not clear on the BT site and some others have 1 & 2. Don't have a TV box to check schedule 

It's BT Sport 2 mate.