Transfers

2 minutes ago, james_85 said:

West Ham supposedly bid 20M for Dembele - which has been rejected

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-lodge-20m-bid-for-celtic-striker-moussa-dembele-a3433676.html

I smell shite, not a chance the wean touchers would turn down anything over £10 million

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

Despite his age Defoe remains one of the best goalscorers in the league so can see why a struggling team would be willing to splash out

I doubt they'd go down with our without him tbh mate. I agree I think Defoe is a good player but asking Sunderland to name their price? He'll be 35 2 months after next season starts. Crazy money IMO

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-lodge-20m-bid-for-celtic-striker-moussa-dembele-a3433676.html

I smell shite, not a chance the wean touchers would turn down anything over £10 million

Brenda is playing a game, he can wait till he summer, see who else is in the bidding.

West ham must be desperate though.

14 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I doubt they'd go down with our without him tbh mate. I agree I think Defoe is a good player but asking Sunderland to name their price? He'll be 35 2 months after next season starts. Crazy money IMO

They're not one of my favourites to go down but they're in the mix all the same and relegation would be an utter disaster for them with that new stadium

Obviously it seems crazy but it just shows how desperate teams are to stay in the Premier League these days

Just now, Broxi said:

Rightly so. They'll be out of sight.

They already very nearly are

Our squad value on the 31st was something like 2.5 mil (1.8 of that being Garner obviously) their total squad value was 17mil

A fair few of those players are worth more than our whole squad. Dembele goes for 20m then he's worth 4 of our squads :lol: 

For fuck sake, Celtic operating costs 2 years ago were something like £50m per season. They've hit it lucky with this cunt which will keep them in profit for a couple seasons. Put it this way, once he is gone they will be lucky to find another one, and qualification will be even tougher for the champions league.

Plus Brenda will likely chase more cash soon enough, they're having a great season and dropped 2 points, it's just one of those seasons

As I said earlier, it's swings and roundabouts with these cunts, one minute they are pulling in £10m for a player and spunking it on 3 duds. They've got a massive playing squad, huge wages to pay and champions league is the absolute priority for them. Anyone who thinks they are "minted" forget what happens when they go 2 seasons without champions league money.