Stadium Renaming

BearAbroad

Copland front yesterday.

Cf have had a few banners for a number of weeks. Also a few banners dotted around the stadium.

I'm well aware of the CF, I'm in there about two rows behind some constantly hooded guy and his mate who keep bringing a banner about the naming.

You'd agree there's hardly been earth shattering protests that would make big news or indicate the fans will be boycotting the stadium?

fuck sake. He never used the arsenal example in reference to rangers he just said arsenal fans better watch out. It was a pointless comment as it had no point. I used cardiff and referenced it with rangers to make a point. It is funny that as yet no one has answered my point while I have actually answered the arsenal 1 and I will do it again. Arsenal or any club apart from rangers can do what they want as I do not support that club

I think we may have missed your point.

Feel free to repost it, and hopefully someone can attempt to answer it.

If it was the point about "what if the Chinese want us to play in red" - I think you'll find I answered that.

It would show how much pulling power we have despite being in the bottom tier of Scottish football. None of us would actively seek this out, but the majority of us can see the benefits of such a deal.

The only people who would so vociferously argue against this are people that would wish to hold Rangers down. I can't think of any other explanation.

haha

theres no bigger part of our history than the titles and trophies we've won, whether they be skol cups, tennants cups, clydesdale trophies or b&q trophies, getting that amount of external revenue for simply allowing a prefix to our stadiums name doesnt alter our history or heritage anymore than the sponsers of any trophy we've won devalues that trophy.

yes, I also do not agree with having logo on our kit and stadium. The thing is with stuff like advertising on the stadium once they get in the door I will be suprised if it goes.

You obviousely dont know the Business concept of running a Football Club.

Let me give you an example .

There are Hundreds of Amatuer and Local little Football Clubs around the Country ok.

Now your the Manager of one of them and you need 13 Strips and tracksuits.

Ok you go to the local Butcher or Taxi firm ,and you ask them if they give you the cost of the Strips, you will put their name on them for the next 2-3 years.

Thats called advertising .Win win your wee team get to play in nice knew kits ,and they get to advertise their business.

Quite basic business but it benefits all.

I'm well aware of the CF, I'm in there about two rows behind some constantly hooded guy and his mate who keep bringing a banner about the naming.

You'd agree there's hardly been earth shattering protests that would make big news or indicate the fans will be boycotting the stadium?

Not massive protests no.

I can see a Bf1 protest/boycott.

thats lovely to say with hindsight. Personally I think we were teetering on the edge - he has stepped up - and of course he was in it for the money but I think he has an emotional attachment now

come on mate, he is giving rangers fans lip service. He is a business man and we are his customers. Don't be fooled. I'm sure he likes is more as a club than before he started but he is in it for money not us

fuck sake. He never used the arsenal example in reference to rangers he just said arsenal fans better watch out. It was a pointless comment as it had no point. I used cardiff and referenced it with rangers to make a point. It is funny that as yet no one has answered my point while I have actually answered the arsenal 1 and I will do it again. Arsenal or any club apart from rangers can do what they want as I do not support that club

You answered the Arsenal point by saying you don't care about them, anyone could answer the Cardiff point in the same way, it is hardly a great way to debate.

Arsenal are relevant, as they have had stadium sponsorship for a number of years, without any of the scenarios you refer to coming to pass. Cardiff are relevant because they have been forced down this route to get money, Rangers differ from that, in that the money we generate does not relate primarily to TV, it relates to income from actual fans, therefore there is a balancing act around what will switch the fans off.

Clearly the club decided that this is not an issue that will lose a lot of supporters and their money. Changing the club colours would not work out for strip sales, if nothing else.

Hurts that soo many fans are willing to sell our tradition and history for money.

What's next? 'Sports direct 9iar team' 'Rangers Sports Direct Hall of Fame' As long as it brings in the money eh?

If this is true, Green has lost a season ticket holder.

You need a reality check, mate.

Unfortunately, football isn't all about passion and love. It's a money business and born-and-bred bluenoses like Steven Naismith and Kyle Lafferty's actions during the summer should have taught you that.

Ibrox will always be Ibrox. End of. If Charles Green can bring in extra money to support this club through selling it's naming rights, then so be it. I will not lose sleep because it will always be Ibrox to me.

Last year, we were at a point where we didn't have enough money to survive and I never want to be in that position, again.

the fans would of saved it by turning up. Would of just took longer

I very much doubt that would have been the case.

The fans have always turned up (since the Souness revolution at least) - but that didn't stop us getting into the mess we got in to.

It takes more than ticket sales to save a club teetering on the edge. It takes decisive action from resolute leadership.

For that alone, CG will always have my utmost respect - and unless he does something really silly - he will also have my full support - even if it goes against my own personal preference.

Our Club nearly died last year and now people are turning their noses up to money for a possible short term sponsorship deal? It's not ideal but we're not changing site, badge or anything or erasing history To say the founding fathers would be turning in their graves is daft as well, our gallant pioneers would be probably ashamed by a lot of the aspects of the modern game but lets not forget that Peter McNeil was an entrepreneur and owned his own sports equipment company who supplied Clubs across Britain.

We should never have sponsorship on the stadium unless me moved into a new stadium like "the Emirates" or the "the Allianz". As long as we play at Ibrox, it should remain "Ibrox" and Ibrox alone. Ibrox should be above having to sell itself to the highest bidder to make a few quid, regardless of where we are in the league.

Some things are more important than profit. Heritage being one of them.

You need a reality check, mate.

Unfortunately, football isn't all about passion and love. It's a money business and born-and-bred bluenoses like Steven Naismith and Kyle Lafferty's actions during the summer should have taught you that.

Ibrox will always be Ibrox. End of. If Charles Green can bring in extra money to support this club through selling it's naming rights, then so be it. I will not lose sleep because it will always be Ibrox to me.

Last year, we were at a point where we didn't have enough money to survive and I never want to be in that position, again.

This x A gajillion billion.