Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Seriously considering buying it,never been into fighting games but I want to get into them now for some reason.

It's worth buying imo. I'm a total arcade gamer. I like something I can just play for ten mins before work. Perfect game for me. The story mode has aged the older characters 20 years and some have offspring now who are playable characters.

I traded in WWE yesterday ( one of the worst wrestling games ever ) and picked up dying light for 8 quid. I'm hoping this tides me over till my mate, who works for a gaming company, gets me the witcher for free. Anyone played dying light?

I told you to avoid WWE!

June's PS+ games..

• Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
  • Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)
  • Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)
  • Futuridium (PS4 & PS Vita)
  • Super Exploding Zoo (PS4 & PS Vita)

I have Last of us and Destiny I got free with my PS4 I haven't even touched yet just played GTA and Fifa being a boring cunt, (games I played on PS3), are they any gd and worth playing?

I have Last of us and Destiny I got free with my PS4 I haven't even touched yet just played GTA and Fifa being a boring cunt, (games I played on PS3), are they any gd and worth playing?

Plenty.

Witcher 3

Bloodborne (not my thing at all but good reviews)

Alien

Far Cry

Dying Light

Shadow of Mordor

That's just a few off the top of my head and a few of them will be down to £20-25 quid like Alien and Shadow of Mordor.

if you like a challenge get bloodborne.

mordor was my 2014 game of the year.

playing witcher 3 at the moment and it's outstanding.imo,it's like red dead redemption,but with swords instead of guns.and set in a medieval world.looks gorgeous aswell.game is huge,well worth the 50 quid.

The last of us is arguably the greatest game i have ever played. Totally drawn in by the whole game and even better second time around on the PS4.

If you like football and driving games check out Rocket League.

It is the follow up to a PS3 game called....wait for it...

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars..

Spent sooooo much time on this game on PS3.

Got the PS4 Beta and GTA Online has been benched. Great fun and competitive as hell in Online ranked matches and so easy to play for 4 hours and it feel like only 30 minutes has passed.

Release date: 7/7/2015

Cross platform play between PS4 and PC too!

PS3 version only cost £10 I am sure so this should be available on store for no more than £20/£25 I would guess.

Given how much I played it on PS3 I would happily pay £40 for it which says a lot!

Anyway...where's my commission? :lol:

The Last of Us is outstanding! Destiny really wasn't for me. I found it shallow and repetitive, but if you're into dungeon crawlers and FPS games then it may be for you.

As for me, finished Dragon Age Inquisition, started on Wither 3 and a new Deus Ex and Fallout to come. Looking forward to seeing more at E3.

If you like football and driving games check out Rocket League.

It is the follow up to a PS3 game called....wait for it...

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars..

Spent sooooo much time on this game on PS3.

Got the PS4 Beta and GTA Online has been benched. Great fun and competitive as hell in Online ranked matches and so easy to play for 4 hours and it feel like only 30 minutes has passed.

Release date: 7/7/2015

Cross platform play between PS4 and PC too!

PS3 version only cost £10 I am sure so this should be available on store for no more than £20/£25 I would guess.

Given how much I played it on PS3 I would happily pay £40 for it which says a lot!

Anyway...where's my commission? :lol:

Is it as good as Chu Chu Rocket though?

This is becoming the remastered generation,getting tired of this shit.

I have no issues with Remasters, especially for the likes of the critically acclaimed Uncharted series. It gives people who missed these games a chance to experience them! If it doesn't do anything for you then just don't buy it.. Besides it's not like Naughty Dog have decided this is what they want to make instead of Uncharted 4.. we're getting both! In addition ND have another team working on what is rumored to be a sequel for TLOU!

Either way, it looks like it's bluepoint games who will be porting it to the PS4 and not Naughty Dog. Eurogamer are also claiming it will be 1080p and 60 fps..

giphy.gif

How similar was Uncharted to Tomb Raider?

Should be the other way around really since all 3 Uncharted games were released before the Tomb Raider reboot.

But, aye they are very similar gameplay wise.. There is some core differences, notably Tomb Raider has a darker and grittier theme whilst Uncharted is more Indiana Jones-esque. The former takes itself very seriously serious, the latter is all about humour, believable characters and relationships. Gunplay is a matter of opinion, although i'd say the Uncharted games feel slightly more dated, however maybe that's to be expected given they are older afterall! TR handled exploration better with it's bigger maps, Uncharted wins on set pieces, action and variety of locations. Story wise both are pretty much by the book and cliched... but Uncharted probably comes out on top because of it's top quality character building. Very few studios have managed to create video games characters with the level of personality that Naughty Dog achieved in Uncharted!

Best to worst.. (in my opinion)

Uncharted 2 > Uncharted > Tomb Raider > Uncharted 3