McCoist told to cut the Football wage bill

Boab

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the press were saying about 15% a few days back. I hope it isn't much more than that TBH.

So maybe selling Wallace.. 1.5million would be enough.. I can see that happening because this board want us run at a profit ASAP..We have been part of a new company for 18months now I believe they are trying to turn things around to quick!

Wasn't CG 3 year plan:

First year loss

second small loss/maybe break even

third break even/ profit..

Whats happened to that plan? Am sure this was CG idea can mind him talking about it.

the press were saying about 15% a few days back. I hope it isn't much more than that TBH.

All pure speculation when you consider this part of the statement from the club 'Graham and Ally are reviewing the football budget, as part of the overall business review and it would be inappropriate at this time to discuss any figures."

Does not stop Scotland's journalists from paining the worst possible picture.

We all know that saving need to be made but I am sure Wallace will be making cuts across the board not only to the playing staff.

Makes you wonder why McCoist was allowed to bring in 8 players when Mather was CEO...

But saying that i do remember Green saying that he agreed to two before he left his position, Green also stated that he would not of allowed McCoist to bring in 8 players.

Makes you wonder why McCoist was allowed to bring in 8 players when Mather was CEO...

But saying that i do remember Green saying that he agreed to two before he left his position, Green also stated that he would not of allowed McCoist to bring in 8 players.

some may say say that Green would still be here if he hadn't told the bold Alistair to jettison his two assistants

et tu brute, indeed

A spokesman for the Rangers board told BBC Scotland: "The CEO Graham Wallace outlined his strategy at the AGM and nothing is going to deflect him from getting Rangers back on an even keel.

"Graham and Ally are reviewing the football budget, as part of the overall business review and it would be inappropriate at this time to discuss any figures."

Reviewing the football budget doesn't necessarily mean it will be cut, a bit of guesswork going on here.

Crazy the way some people treat the guy who stepped up and saved us.

He stepped in to make himself a shed load of wonga!

Don't kid yourself that he did it to save us?

He saw an opportunity to get his pension nest egg and took it.

He doesn't need a medal or a stand named after him, and doesn't deserve it either.

A man like David Holmes deserves your admiration more than Charles.

He stepped in to make himself a shed load of wonga!

Don't kid yourself that he did it to save us?

He saw an opportunity to get his pension nest egg and took it.

He doesn't need a medal or a stand named after him, and doesn't deserve it either.

A man like David Holmes deserves your admiration more than Charles.

How? Holmes sold to Murray

I notice the bbc refer to him as the 'former Blackburn Rovers COO'. What happened to his time at Man City? Surely a much more high profile appointment?

Its a balancing act for the board but as they need to maintain an top level infrastructure while reducing expenditure. The playing side is the obvious area for a large proportion of savings with trimming on the non playing side and a strategy to improve income streams (Nashs job imo). I'm not sute Wallace will be sold, his value will increase as we move up.

It will cost more to replace the likes of Wallace, Templeton and Clark so it would be stupid to sell any of our future SPFL quality and potential. Jig will not be at that level but he might take another cut just to help us, wouldn't be surprised if he did. The back room staff can go. Some of the kids on loan may be offered at discount prices, fair enough. Daly and Law have another season to help us then they can move on and thanks for everything.

Ally taking a cut is a good start, maybe a few players can be convinced to follow this with the promise of a jump as we progress up the leagues?

It will cost more to replace the likes of Wallace, Templeton and Clark so it would be stupid to sell any of our future SPFL quality and potential. Jig will not be at that level but he might take another cut just to help us, wouldn't be surprised if he did. The back room staff can go. Some of the kids on loan may be offered at discount prices, fair enough. Daly and Law have another season to help us then they can move on and thanks for everything.

Ally taking a cut is a good start, maybe a few players can be convinced to follow this with the promise of a jump as we progress up the leagues?

You think Clark is SPL quality but Nicky Law isn't?

You remember Law has proven SPL quality? Only age is against Daly in the SPL. Your basic point is good but not sure of the examples you chose.

Jigs deal is due to run out at the end of the Championship season. assuming he is on £12k as is touted about then offer him a contract for £5k a week till the end of the first season back in the SPL. That cuts his take home from the club from £1.25million over two seasons to £780k over 3 seasons. Saving a cool £470k in the process. bit less since we are halfway thru this season but gives you an ideal.

Cribari is another high earner who is getting on a bit and lets face it, has made his millions in Europe and will just want security. his deal is due to end this summer.

general chat usually puts him around 8k a week. Ask him to drop the his demand to a more manageable £4k a week a you have saved a six figure sum off the wage bill for the remainder of the season. having a lower wage also means that its more likely that another club will be receptive to loaning him come next season. so while he would still be under contract with us it would mean there is a greater chance that we wouldn't have to pay his wages. essentially if a deal was made like that then its the same as paying him nothing from here on in and avoiding a "payoff" as well.

I'd get Templeton out on loan pronto. A higher earner getting no game time is a bad thing! He is easily English League One quality or even Championship in his day. it would free up the wage bill for the remainder of the season and also ensure that his value increases by the time we reach the SPFL Champ and he will be sharper playing in a better league.

Doing the above would save us circa £400,000 from now till the end of the season while removing the need to payoff or sell players.

Next season if we managed to loan Cribari at his new wage, have Jig at a reduced wage and send Temps off for game time we could save close to £1 million just with that.