As the ‘best stadium wins’ McCoist throws his rubber ducky out the bath

corbyloyal84

I know it's not going to be popular but the bottom line here, and not many will admit it, people are utterly deluded if they think our stadium is miles better than theirs.

The whole Elite stadium thing came down to 1 issue and that was the size of the away team dressing room. Anyone who genuinely thinks our stadium is utterly fantastic and theirs is a shitehole is speaking through tinted glasses.

The fact is that both stadiums have good and bad parts on the exterior. Both have excellent insides and wow factor. Theirs defo has more legroom at their seats. Ours defo has the edge on atmosphere on a full crowd day. Theirs holds more.

Bravado away. For me, forgetting any allegiances, both of them are better than Hampden by a country mile and are 2 of the most loved and feared stadiums to visit by European teams on a euro night. (tu)

It didn't just come down to one issue though.

We have access directly to the pitch they don't.

Also we have a better and bigger media area.

There were several reasons we scored higher than the stadio delle alki when assessed.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that shores are used to support the mhankidome stand between matches should ensure thousands of calls to health and safety the police too, first thing Monday morning.

Really? This I did not know. Is this a recent thing?

Says it all that Mr Lawell feels the need to reply to the " whoever is running the spfl" comment. To me that only confirms what is going on in scottish football,

Say's it all when he feels the need to even reply to Ally's comment when his name was not even mentioned so why feel the need to bite so much when he had nothing to do with it. It's not the best stadium as Ibrox and Hampden are both ranked elite stadiums with UEFA and it's also not the biggest stadium in Scotland as Murrayfield holds more so you should do your homework a bit better before you bite again Liewell, maybe he see's his dump of a stadium is better through his squinty eyes. I think him and his 2 sidekicks Doncaster and Regan will be busy getting the cardboard cutouts of fans ready to put onto the seats at the beggardome in time for the LC final.

Heard from a steel erector friend of mine, that there is a GCC cover up going on, re. the safety cert. Apparently loads of temporary steel supports getting used on match days hidden from the fans, as the original structure just can't take the load. I know they have been continually closing the upper deck these days, but is it only down to dwindling attendances? I'm quietly confident that the shithole will just collapse.

Good that McCoist is getting a reaction from this heinous cunt of a man to the extent that his delusions appear in print. But no matter what the lord of imaginary tours to japan, deflection and denial says about this cheaply and corrupt cooncil aided built breeze block eyesore you can roll it in glitter (and they know plenty about glitter especially gary) but you can't polish a turd. A bit like slitty eyes himself !

Again well done McCoist you have slitty eyes in overdrive, article in gherald about how financially secure celtic and all the declans replying how great they are. You have rattled his and their shit covered cages! More of the same more often !

I know it's not going to be popular but the bottom line here, and not many will admit it, people are utterly deluded if they think our stadium is miles better than theirs.

The whole Elite stadium thing came down to 1 issue and that was the size of the away team dressing room. Anyone who genuinely thinks our stadium is utterly fantastic and theirs is a shitehole is speaking through tinted glasses.

The fact is that both stadiums have good and bad parts on the exterior. Both have excellent insides and wow factor. Theirs defo has more legroom at their seats. Ours defo has the edge on atmosphere on a full crowd day. Theirs holds more.

Bravado away. For me, forgetting any allegiances, both of them are better than Hampden by a country mile and are 2 of the most loved and feared stadiums to visit by European teams on a euro night. (tu)

Aye ok Peter..

Ibrox : Facing Brick and mortar.

Septic Park : Breeze block and shite.

Says it all really.

I knew a foreman (septic fan) who worked on the Girodome upgrade; he said that even the foundations were constructed on the cheap, and not up to spec. All wee Fergus was interested in was that they achieved the completion date. Said he wouldn't set foot in there for safety reasons.

So be careful when you do the bouncy there guys!

Isn't their stadium literally submerging into the ground? From the inside it looks impressive enough when they manage to fill the place, but speaking as someone who unfortunately lives a five minute walk from the place, the outside is a complete eyesore. It just looks awful. Compare and contrast with the front façade at Ibrox and it's no contest. In any case it's a no brainer that each should have got a final if they're planning now - it's even more obvious that they shouldn't be deciding who gets what until they know what teams are going to reach the Semi Finals and Finals. Rangers or Celtic should not be facing teams at home in the semi-finals or Final when the stadium is supposed to be a neutral venue. I'm not to complain if we get Celtic in the Semi-Finals by any means, but it's still stupid.

Was an article in one of the rags around 6 or 7 years ago about the main stand at porkhead subsiding at one end it was stuck away in the middle of the paper and given about 2 paragraphs but from what i remember the whole stand needs to be taken down and rebuilt sometime around the end of this decade and it will cost them a huge amount to do so. Sure GCC will help out if they don't have the money.

Whilst L*********l is talking about bets I wonder if he is checking out if any of his squad were doing a bit of betting today on the result or on losing goals or the timing of when the first goal against them went in. Just wondering of course. Only wondering. I mean the conditions for a wee bet on events today were pretty appealing. I mean, can he be really sure there were no wee bets by his team today? Maybe the newspapers might have a wee root around? Who knows eh?