Newcastle Lads To Play Every Game

PrsosPonytail

So what you are saying is that he had the option to remain as assistant, but chose to take the position he does not want to have?

I would say yes, he did have the option to remain as assistant, but chose to take the interim job, and I think he's regretting it.

I actually said in a previous post, there is the possibility that a clause was put in his contract that he would take over when McCoist went (I don't think that's likely, but as I said, I'm covering bases) - so in that instance, he may not have had the option to remain as assistant.

In the first, and more likely case, he chose to become interim manager after McCoist left, so wasn't put in the position by anyone.

In the second case, he would have signed a contract (which he didn't have to do), and so him being interim manager is just part of his duties that he chose to accept, again, not forced on him.

Either way, the point I'm making is he made his bed.

I would say yes, he did have the option to remain as assistant, but chose to take the interim job, and I think he's regretting it.

I actually said in a previous post, there is the possibility that a clause was put in his contract that he would take over when McCoist went (I don't think that's likely, but as I said, I'm covering bases) - so in that instance, he may not have had the option to remain as assistant.

In the first, and more likely case, he chose to become interim manager after McCoist left, so wasn't put in the position by anyone.

In the second case, he would have signed a contract (which he didn't have to do), and so him being interim manager is just part of his duties that he chose to accept, again, not forced on him.

Either way, the point I'm making is he made his bed.

If he himself chose to take the interim managers job or it was in his contract, then I agree with you he put himself in to this situation.

If it was a case of lose your job or become the interim manager though, I disagree.

This still doesn't make what the board are doing right though.

If he himself chose to take the interim managers job or it was in his contract, then I agree with you he put himself in to this situation.

If it was a case of lose your job or become the interim manager though, I disagree.

This still doesn't make what the board are doing right though.

I think this could go round in circles, the reason being neither of us know the full circumstances.

I agree with your last line though, the board are putting a lot of pressure not only on McDowall (is it intentional?), but also on the new players.

Maybe they don't see McDowall lasting much longer, and they simply want to guarantee the players get game time before a more 'Ashley friendly' manager comes in.

Just a thought...

Deal suits Newcastle in every way.

They have the players with potential, but can't risk them in the cut throat Premier League. At Rangers they will be on show every week.

If they play well at Rangers they go back into the Newcastle squad or become a target for a transfer.

We get a potential benefit, but only in short term.

They have the players with potential, but can't risk them in the cut throat Premier League. At Rangers they will be on show every week.

If they play well at Rangers they go back into the Newcastle squad or become a target for a transfer.

hence the term "loan".

Also "cut thought premier league" ?- you can barely touch someone now in that league and its a foul. From what i have seen re refs in Scotland - especially the championship - are far more lenient than their EPL counterparts.

Derek Llambias hits back at Kenny McDowall and insists: Rangers board DOESN’T pick the team

DEREK LLAMBIAS has tonight hit back at Kenny McDowall and insisted he doesn’t pick the Rangers team.

McDowall this morning insisted he had been ordered to play every week the five stars who arrived on loan on Monday night.

But Ibrox chief executive Llambias insists neither he nor any other member of the board is interfering in selection.

He said: "There's no way the board is picking the team.

"The basis of any loan deal is that the players who arrive bolster the side and give the squad more depth. That's exactly what is happening here."

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/derek-llambias-hits-back-kenny-5113127

Llambias told McDowall he has to play the loan Rangers every week? Aye right

"If Rangers fans have learned anything over the past few years it’s to analyse the hyperbole, investigate the spin and trust no one. Especially when the root of the story is a hefty pay-off."

http://www.&lt;No links to this website&gt;/sport/football/record-fc-rangers-llambias-told-5112933

Just what I was saying...like...

If they get us into the SPL then they will of certainly benefited us more than Newcastle.

Llambias told McDowall he has to play the loan Rangers every week? Aye right

"If Rangers fans have learned anything over the past few years it’s to analyse the hyperbole, investigate the spin and trust no one. Especially when the root of the story is a hefty pay-off."

http://www.&lt;No links to this website&gt;/sport/football/record-fc-rangers-llambias-told-5112933

Just what I was saying...like...

that seems a more reasonable and sensible take on events - but you just cant have somebody backing Llambias, its just not on.

I must of missed the array of talent he has been holding back from game time. The only players he has yet to give a start are Robinson, Faure, Shiels (impact sub in seems under McDowell), Mohsni and then any young players who's loan spells ended.

Don't get me wrong I feel Gallagher should be starting, but I fail to see how somehow he it has got so bad (in the FIVE games he has been interim manager of) that the board now need to pick the team as he has been failing to change it up.

We just had fuck all in reserve till now.

Did you miss how awful Sunday was and how our captain behaved?

The whole squad is rank rotten in terms of ability and attitude, McDowall has been a part of the problem and he's just carried on the previous legacy. Putting some young players in with something to prove can only improve the situation, however controversial the way they're being selected is.

So, it went from the Board telling McDowell that he had to start them to he has to play them each week? I wonder what new spin to the real truth comes out tomorrow now that Llambias has denied "picking the team".

They aren't picking the team. There are 6 positions left, that KMcD can choose, after their 5 get their automatic starts.

Considering the lies and propaganda (something you know all to well) that flow from this board like our cash reserves, why would you automatically believe them over everyone else?

They aren't picking the team. There are 6 positions left, that KMcD can choose, after their 5 get their automatic starts.

Considering the lies and propaganda (something you know all to well) that flow from this board like our cash reserves, why would you automatically believe them over everyone else?

Jig jig jig jig jig jig, 3 players are injured from the new undroppables streete might make it though leaving jig to fill one more positions.

I can see us getting Promoted now, as long as jig plays.