***** Official Livingston V Rangers Thread *****

cumnockbear

What is so good about this boy Sinammon? I know he must be decent but what is he best known for? pace, defending?

I have known about him for a few years now but the only glimpse i've had of him, sad as it is... is FM.

Same team as Sunday think jig should be dropped will be dissapointed if McCall puts him straight back in would like to see Walsh start if fit think he's only ever come on as a sub? Interested to see sinnamon that everyone's been calling out for think the Youngsters that have come through recently have been impressive would start Clarke up top and bring on that Hardie with 30 mins to go see what he can do with a bit of time on the clock.. But please no jig mohsni deserves a start more than him based on recent performances! Think big zal did well other day although defence wasn't tested much.. Think will be harder game than Sunday but should still win comfortably anything less would not be acceptable IMO

Can everybody please state the best route to get to Livingston from Glasgow airport in 2 hours please ?

Yip, drop the weans at the wife's boyfriends house and empty her suitcases all over the M8 as you do some flips and kicks on his scooter on the road up.

What is so good about this boy Sinammon? I know he must be decent but what is he best known for? pace, defending?

I have known about him for a few years now but the only glimpse i've had of him, sad as it is... is FM.

A modern day attacking fullback but not to shabby defending either, he is a regular starter in the Scotland youth setup, Efildo who watches the youths regularly has stated the two most talented youth players are Tom Walsh and Ryan Sinnamon and he has seen them plenty. There is a reason Crawford has never been anywhere near the Scotland youth setup and Sinnamon is a regular, there is a reason Crawford couldn't get a game for Greenock Morton but unfortunately McCall has decided to ignore Sinnamon who plays in a position we are incredibly weak in.

Livingston v Gers

Livi's GD is better than the 4 teams above them. They have won 2, drawn 2, lost 1 in their last five games (not counting their win against Alloa for the cup).
Their worst defeat @ hame was 4:0 to Hibs back in October.
We've only managed 1:0 @ Livi (the superb overhead kick by MacLeod) in early October where Zaliukas was injured. Followed by a 2:0 win @ hame scored by Aird + an OG.
Our last meeting at Ibrox saw Vuckic score a stunner only to be cancelled out by some disgraceful defending (after Faure was injured).
Looking at the highlights on the official Rangers site we have squandered way too many chances, BUT, ours is a vastly different team now from the first two encounters at least.

As other have said, "a win is a must", and I think McCall is restoring some 'much needed' confidence in Shiels (can't for the life of me see why M&M would not play him) and Law (my very own one dimensional, invisible, I don't do tackling, midfielder and top goal scorer :cool: ). The introduction of Robbie Crawford has been a long time coming IMHO. Ever willing, speed to burn, play anywhere (LB for the U20's a few weeks ago) and no different to all the other 'young' players we play against every week in this league. It is no surprise to me that Hutton hasn't been seen since McCall's arrival and he can leave the other cart-horses to pasture @ Auchenhowie till their summer departure too.
I think there is a reason we have not seen Sinnamon or Gallagher so far (both of which I like). Could it be that Murdoch, Walsh, Crawford & Hardie are simply out-shining them atm? I've waited all season to be able to talk about 6 'young guns' in the same sentence. AND there is still McKay, Gasporotto, Halkett etc waiting in the wings.

I'm going for the same team as last game.

Bell;
Crawford, McGregor, Zaliukas, Wallace;
Vuckic, Law, Murdoch, Shiels;
Miller, Clark

Subs, Robinson, Sinnamon, (Moshni or Jig), Black, Templeton, Walsh, Hardie

"Trust McCall - Support the team ..........he's earned it already"

A must win game, 3pts essential. Think McCall will have the team up for this, but needs to get across to the players that they need to get the ball forward, quicker. To much fannying about passing the ball sideways against Raith. Given this.i can see a victory by 3 or more goals.