***Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

13 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Liking the line up!

Shame big Rob didn't save his first goal for next weeks stoppage time winner :wink:

I'd actually love for Halliday to get the winner even though I don't have him in my line up :lol: 

I went with a strong team that should and will pump the tims fierce. I expect to concede a goal however. But that adds to the excitement :lol: 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

ON THE STREETS OF LONDONDERRY

THERE'S A GRAND INSPIRING SCENE

OUR COUNTRYMEN ARE ARMING

TO DEFEND OUR MAIDEN QUEEN

WITH THE WALLS SO STRONGLY GUARDED

BY DEFENDERS OF THE SOIL

AND THE CRY OF NO SURRENDER PROUDLY ECHOES OVER THE FOYLE

I just love this song.

3 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I said it in another thread but we normally go to the piggery and soak up pressure, play mostly on the counter attack. But this time we're going to go and look to play out from the back and dominate possession, Celtic will be looking to do the exact same thing which will make it fascinating to watch, it's going to be very technical.

Barton needs to make the middle of the park his, Kranjcar use his vision and ability to pick out the killer pass. What you see is what you get from Forrester, will always give you 100% and is capable of making something out of nothing, tireless runner as well.

We'll be right up for it, talk of 4-0, 5-0 pumpings are ridiculous, the tims don't get tested enough, we've got the players to cause them a shit load of problems 

I think you've got this spot on. If you take a look at when Celtic played Hapoel Beer Sheva they put huge pressure on Celtic and they made a significant amount of defensive blunders. The newspapers reported that they were all glad when the ref blew the whistle. 

We need Barton to break up play as Rodgers believes in his team keeping possession of the ball and playing a flowing passing game with the ball always moving; defensively, he likes his team to put a lot of pressure on the opposing team. 

11 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I said it in another thread but we normally go to the piggery and soak up pressure, play mostly on the counter attack. But this time we're going to go and look to play out from the back and dominate possession, Celtic will be looking to do the exact same thing which will make it fascinating to watch, it's going to be very technical.

Barton needs to make the middle of the park his, Kranjcar use his vision and ability to pick out the killer pass. What you see is what you get from Forrester, will always give you 100% and is capable of making something out of nothing, tireless runner as well.

We'll be right up for it, talk of 4-0, 5-0 pumpings are ridiculous, the tims don't get tested enough, we've got the players to cause them a shit load of problems 

Very very positive thinking my friend, I like it a lot!! 3-1Gers

6 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Can see the midfield being Barton, Rossiter and Halliday. Hopefully not though.

Barton and Halliday are certain to start. The 3rd midfielder will need to be more attack minded so I think Rossiter will drop out for Kranjcar although I'd be tempted to throw in Windass.

That feeling just starting to kick in now. Think my ticket is restricted view (119??), couldn't give a fuck as long as the players don't let us down.

Wes, Tav Senderos Wilson Wallace, Barton Windass Halliday/Forrester, McKay Waghorn Garner. 

MOH pace will destroy them in the second half. Niko on for a bit of magic and Rossiter for a bit assurance. 

FUCKING INTY THIS MOB RANGERS. NEVER SURRENDER

2 minutes ago, WGOH said:

That feeling just starting to kick in now. Think my ticket is restricted view (119??), couldn't give a fuck as long as the players don't let us down.

Wes, Tav Senderos Wilson Wallace, Barton Windass Halliday/Forrester, McKay Waghorn Garner. 

MOH pace will destroy them in the second half. Niko on for a bit of magic and Rossiter for a bit assurance. 

FUCKING INTY THIS MOB RANGERS. NEVER SURRENDER

Miller will be starting. No chance Warburton will drop him.

Battle fever is on and the countdown begins, not fully confident at the moment but as we've seen in the past form goes out the window on OF day anything is possible just hope MW pulls something out his magic hat as we are up against a strong septic side (hate to say it) but we can still do it with a weaker side (as we have showed before) joey Barton should not be used in this game as I feel he will get caught up in the heat and risk is going down to 10 men which septic will hammer us with there attacking options