The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

9 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Gets away with being a very very average footballer and putting in some piss poor performances, but walks off the park pounding his chest and a fost pump to the union bears and its alright. Was non existent the second half of the season last year then had a run of a few decent games after the barton saga then a few games of pure shite again then one decent game against killie. Not good enough a player to merit a start for A club like rangers every week

Who should be playing ahead of him?

Honestly i think the club and possibly warburton have handled this horrifically. You sign joey barton, you know at some point there will he fireworks. The club should have had him on a gruelling training regime while the rest were in america, which would have had him up to scratch for start of season. If all thats happened regardin the bust up is him pointing out how poor we have been and how tactically naive and stubborn warbuton is with his system that doesnt work and loyalty to players who haven't earned it on the park then he hasn't said anything that the rest of us are saying as well. I think the club now humiliating the guy buy having in the lurch for 6 or 7 weeks then bringing him back and making him train with the 20s and making him park his car in the 20s car park etc is embarrassing. And as far as offloading him in january, realistically there will he a host of championship clubs looking at signing him after his performances last year, burnley will likely try take him back too and he could go on to play in the premiership for the rest of the season. Will be interesting when he does go when he speaks about it as he undoubtably will

8 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Who should be playing ahead of him?

He has never been a defensive midfielder in his life! Offers no protection to the back line what so ever and going forward forrester gives you much more. So if we had a fully fit squad with no off field issues i'd say rossiter, forrester and possibly even a fully fit joey barton with a full pre season could all play in place of him

Everybody is wrong and basically Barton is right.  The board is wrong for suspending him and backing the manager. The manager is wrong because he plays a 4-3-3 and Barton can't play that game so he should change everything for Barton.  Andy halliday started the argument and secretly planned it in the summer and got all the players to play shite to get the inevitable reaction from Barton.

the rest of the players are to blame because they've slowly turned the dreadful performances into decent ones since Barton's fiasco (they did it on purpose).

Barton is to blame for nothing I you!! It's everyone else's doing

11 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

He has never been a defensive midfielder in his life! Offers no protection to the back line what so ever and going forward forrester gives you much more. So if we had a fully fit squad with no off field issues i'd say rossiter, forrester and possibly even a fully fit joey barton with a full pre season could all play in place of him

I agree that Rossiter is probably our best option there if he's fit. I still think there's a place for Halliday in the midfield, especially in the big games.

I actually think being 'one of us' counts against him, he gets much more attention/criticism for that reason.

20 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

More importantly has yer team beat that taigy Glasgow Irish mob yet?

29 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I agree that Rossiter is probably our best option there if he's fit. I still think there's a place for Halliday in the midfield, especially in the big games.

I actually think being 'one of us' counts against him, he gets much more attention/criticism for that reason.

Other than the semi final last season what has he actually done in the big games?

There's a handful of players that have performed well in the big games for us and he isn't one of them.

1 hour ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Gets away with being a very very average footballer and putting in some piss poor performances, but walks off the park pounding his chest and a fost pump to the union bears and its alright. Was non existent the second half of the season last year then had a run of a few decent games after the barton saga then a few games of pure shite again then one decent game against killie. Not good enough a player to merit a start for A club like rangers every week

It's hard not to like him, but it's also hard to disagree with any of this. 

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

Aye mate yer spot on and maybe we should just sim this Ross county game on Sunday 

Nah mate it won't work out well doing that in the first season back up, especially with the points gap we have just now. You're obviously an amateur 

Some people just make shit up in this thread to try and look like they're clued up, honestly.

How can anyone predict that a club will take him on loan but only be willing to pay 40% of his wages without actually knowing what his wage is? Baffling.

There will be someone willing to take him in January and I'd be surprised if we have to make any contribution to his wage. Despite him being an arsehole the fact is that on his day he's a very good player, not quite as good as he thinks, but a good player nonetheless and one who has a good track record of helping teams secure promotion from the Championship down south. 

I don't think Warburton's inability to handle him will put a more experienced manager off taking a gamble on him.

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Some people just make shit up in this thread to try and look like they're clued up, honestly.

How can anyone predict that a club will take him on loan but only be willing to pay 40% of his wages without actually knowing what his wage is? Baffling.

There will be someone willing to take him in January and I'd be surprised if we have to make any contribution to his wage. Despite him being an arsehole the fact is that on his day he's a very good player, not quite as good as he things, but a good player nonetheless and one who has a good track record of helping teams secure promotion from the Championship down south. 

I don't think Warburton's inability to handle him will put a more experienced manager off taking a gamble on him.

He will be given a free transfer in January absolutely no doubt about it and there will be a host of clubs ready to take him. 

Wouldn't even be surprised if he ended up back at Burnley 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nah mate it won't work out well doing that in the first season back up, especially with the points gap we have just now. You're obviously an amateur 

Seasons done mate just sim the rest of it and use the boardroom takeover perk for next season

2 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

He will be given a free transfer in January absolutely no doubt about it and there will be a host of clubs ready to take him. 

Wouldn't even be surprised if he ended up back at Burnley 

That seems to be the move everyone is expecting. I think part of his reason for leaving them was that he didn't want to be involved in a relegation battle this season so the fact they're sitting the around mid table positions could change things on that front.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is already clubs being sounded out over a move for him unless Barton is planning on digging his heels in to stay. That would be stupid though.

My point more that in big games against better teams playing Holt and Windass for example in the 2 forward midfield positions we'd be far too lightweight. At least he has a bit of dig about him. I actually think since the whole Barton situation in most games since he's done reasonably well.

The bigger games we've done well in he's always played well IMO (semi final and Dundee come to mind).Yes, he's been pish in other big games but in general those are games everyone's been shite.

I get peoples point as he doesn't do anything spectacular I just think he's consistently good without being great.

22 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Other than the semi final last season what has he actually done in the big games?

There's a handful of players that have performed well in the big games for us and he isn't one of them.

Not  sticking up for Halliday but who might these handful be who performed well in big games.They were all pish in the final against Hivs, they were all pretty pish against the scum in the 5-1 game, the semi against the scum the other week I wouldn't have said there were many if any played any better than Halliday.We are where we are in the league also not down to Halliday not playing well as some suggest but the whole team/squad have not been performing well not just Halliday as some think the case to be.

1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

Not  sticking up for Halliday but who might these handful be who performed well in big games.They were all pish in the final against Hivs, they were all pretty pish against the scum in the 5-1 game, the semi against the scum the other week I wouldn't have said there were many if any played any better than Halliday.We are where we are in the league also not down to Halliday not playing well as some suggest but the whole team/squad have not been performing well not just Halliday as some think the case to be.

Against Hibs in the final they were all shite.

The 5-1 game, I'd probably say Tav, Windass and at a push Miller & Garner would be the only ones to come out of that with even a shred of credit.

The game at Hampden the other week I have to say I'm a bit bemused that you've said there isn't many that played better than Halliday, our midfield were an embarrassment that day and we're bullied for the entire game. IMO the only players that actually played well that day were Gilks, Hill, Hodson and Kiernan.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Against Hibs in the final they were all shite.

The 5-1 game, I'd probably say Tav, Windass and at a push Miller & Garner would be the only ones to come out of that with even a shred of credit.

The game at Hampden the other week I have to say I'm a bit bemused that you've said there isn't many that played better than Halliday, our midfield were an embarrassment that day and we're bullied for the entire game. IMO the only players that actually played well that day were Gilks, Hill, Hodson and Kiernan.

Its all about opinions but for some it wont matter what Halliday does he wont be good enough.My point is there have been plenty who have been worse this season than Halliday but Halliday is the one who is singled out. Why not Wallace who has been until the last game poor all season and was  turned inside out in the 5-1 game by that shit Forest or Mc Kay who wasn't at the races again or Windass who after the recent semi admitted himself that he had been poor.there haven't been many if any who have been any better than Halliday but for some its just down to him.Anyway don't want to go down this path about Halliday the thread is about Barton and it is all about opinions.

6 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Its all about opinions but for some it wont matter what Halliday does he wont be good enough.My point is there have been plenty who have been worse this season than Halliday but Halliday is the one who is singled out. Why not Wallace who has been until the last game poor all season and was  turned inside out in the 5-1 game by that shit Forest or Mc Kay who wasn't at the races again or Windass who after the recent semi admitted himself that he had been poor.there haven't been many if any who have been any better than Halliday but for some its just down to him.Anyway don't want to go down this path about Halliday the thread is about Barton and it is all about opinions.

I don't have any issues with Halliday I just call it how I see it. Barton was absolutely hounded for his performance in the 5-1 game and Halliday put in a similar performance in the last game against them and seems to have emerged with pass marks for it.

I don't think he gets singled out at all I actually think he gets a lot more leeway than most of our players.