Windass

BlueAvenger

thought he was the best player on the park today, Hartley must have thought christmas had come early when he was took off. 

he was the only player for us who looks like he's got the confidence to go forward, its all well and good keeping possession but you need someone to run with the ball and actually beat a man, and have a shot ffs! why oh why is it when we have the ball maybe 25/30 yards out in the middle of the goal we have to go down the sides?? baffles me, have a shot, if you dont shoot you dont score.

back to Josh,....reminds me of the 'tin man' Ted McMinn .  

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Windass is a baller. I'd have him as a trequartista

Wes

Tavernier Wilson Hill Wallace

O'Halloran Rossiter Halliday Forrester

Windass Garner

Seems crazy enough just to work, O'halloran and Forrester providing good balls in too.

Not 100% on Halliday and Rossiter, have we seen them actually play togather yet? I honestly can't recall, because at the start if it wasn't Barton it was Rossiter and then it was usually Halliday afterwards. 

5 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Seems crazy enough just to work, O'halloran and Forrester providing good balls in too.

Not 100% on Halliday and Rossiter, have we seen them actually play togather yet? I honestly can't recall, because at the start if it wasn't Barton it was Rossiter and then it was usually Halliday afterwards. 

I've got them cause I think they provide good balance and passion but tbh we've got so many options at that part I wouldnt mind experimenting. Think Dodoo has something to prove so could get him in too.

16 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I never understood that one myself.

I also need to ask, why the fck is he taking corners as with his height, he should be in the box?

baffling 

He probably takes the corners because so far, from what I've seen, he seems to be the best player at taking corners that get played into the box, as for him being taken off, I was a bit baffled but even though he looked fit and healthy to us if the management are a bit worried that he can't last a full 90 minutes at the moment then it was the right decision to make.

44 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

He probably takes the corners because so far, from what I've seen, he seems to be the best player at taking corners that get played into the box, as for him being taken off, I was a bit baffled but even though he looked fit and healthy to us if the management are a bit worried that he can't last a full 90 minutes at the moment then it was the right decision to make.

There's no doubting he can put a ball in, but there must be others who can do the same as they're all meant to be professional football players. 

MW doesn't seem to be realise that subs shouldn't be done systematically but should be done dependent on individual and team performance, and score line. 

3 points deservedly won, so we move on and just hope we can start taking more of our chances over the next few games. 

I'm not convinced by our manager but will be gladly proved wrong. I actually couldn't get the smile off my face after that goal went in.

The 3 subs made a good impact 

I understand being frustrated at the time but even with the benefit of hindsight you're still angry the management for changing the game in our favour? Doesn't really make sense to me

7 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I understand being frustrated at the time but even with the benefit of hindsight you're still angry the management for changing the game in our favour? Doesn't really make sense to me

I agree 

MW gets stick regularly for his use of subs, yesterday it won us the game , but not seen much in the way of praise for him on here. 

Substitutions are not always made because of performances during the game. 

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

He made his systematic subs last week and all performed badly. I had an issue with Windass being the wrong sub to make but had no issues with KM being replaced by HF as I know HF can win games. 

19 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

Why the fuck was he taken off?

He was struggling physically. His endurance/durability is not brilliant. Powerful boy and stronh runner but exerts a lot of energy with the way he drives at people. I think he'l become more and more influential for us  as he improves his conditioning. 

17 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

We shouldn't boo any substitution, as the players might think it's them that are getting jeered, rather than the decision. By most accounts yesterday, Windass should've been given a standing ovation, when he came off.

Good point. Don't want any sensitive souls getting upset.

The only folk that were confused by unhappy crowd noises were the tossers on Clyde.

I'm just going to tut next time.

He's been prone to injury so the boss was right to take him off.

Build his conditioning up by getting more game time next week, which in turn helps the muscles get stronger and hopefully less prone to straining/tearing.

On 19/11/2016 at 5:36 PM, RFCRobertson said:

He had to go sign the sash with the fans 

Ex-fucking-cuse me? Only cunt who should be getting booed is that bastard in black 

Since when was our manager an African American ? 

We don't boo enough at ridiculous performances and decisions 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Since when was our manager an African American ? 

We don't boo enough at ridiculous performances and decisions 

Windass is a bit of a glass cannon, he's got a lot to offer so I'd support the notion of taking him off to have a positive impact at the start of the next game rather than risk him getting an injury with a hammerthrowing arsehole. 

1 hour ago, MaestroNiko said:

It was just an excuse to bring on Mckay who im fucking sick of the sight of, he played "ok" but his previous performances have been absolute shite, should get benched until he gets a proper attitude and passion of being a Rangers player

Er, he has been benched......

4 minutes ago, MaestroNiko said:

yeah but he keeps getting brought on instead of a player who deserves to be brought on

Had a hand in the goal.

Who else deserved to be brought on, apart from the other 2 subs who were also involved in it?