Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

2 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

He's just a figurehead. And if he keeps giving ammunition to those who want the RC church forced to be open about the extent of the child sex abuse scandals, he won't be that figurehead for much longer. Nothing he says will lead to any change in the culture. 

I kind of realise he is just paying lip service .

but even statements like this crank up the pressure for cover ups to stop 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

I kind of realise he is just paying lip service .

but even statements like this crank up the pressure for cover ups to stop 

I actually believe he's genuine in condemning it. But his predecessor was named pope emeritus to prevent him being forced to cooperate with any criminal investigation or civil suit against the RC church, so if he really wants to shine a light on the issue he could ask why Ratzinger was granted that status. 

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

I actually believe he's genuine in condemning it. But his predecessor was named pope emeritus to prevent him being forced to cooperate with any criminal investigation or civil suit against the RC church, so if he really wants to shine a light on the issue he could ask why Ratzinger was granted that status. 

maybe the reason why he was the first pope in hundreds of years to retire 

1 hour ago, Carling1873 said:

35 more victims ready to testify against ex-celtic kit man McCaffrey, being reported in the Irish press.

Apparently he’s due to be released in December this year and could face instant arrest from police Scotland.

1 hour ago, Carling1873 said:

35 more victims ready to testify against ex-celtic kit man McCaffrey, being reported in the Irish press.

queue the same narrative as post Saville. 

bandwagon jumpers and why didn't they say anything at the time .

rather than they have been given the courage to come forward now. 

could be huge this .good that the victims can now get justice and maybe some piece of mind 

17 minutes ago, King Jela said:

They’ve got an absolute cheek to moan and claim ‘point scoring’ when this gets brought up. Scumbags! 

I could be wrong but there's more than a few anyway, the media silence on this that's been happening for decades is disgusting. 

27 minutes ago, King Jela said:

They’ve got an absolute cheek to moan and claim ‘point scoring’ when this gets brought up. Scumbags! 

usually the phrase ,disgusting to use child abuse gets added to the point scoring 

and always in a condescending tone in an attempt to end the conversation and gain the moral high ground 

part of the deflect and sent indoctrinated into them by their cult 

my mrs is a tarrier and while iv she's not rhabid,watching her family at close hand has been an education .you can see where the common sense has been drummed out of them with an RC up bringing .the lies flow freely to cover everything and anything 

iv even told the Mrs on a few occasions that I feel sorry for them that they have had their lives blighted because of indoctrination ,and she's starting to agree with me 

23 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

038B6660-D6BB-47C2-852D-9F4BBCB541D5.jpeg

the heinous crimes these animals carried out should disgust everyone to the core, it is shocking that for some reason..... ?  these crimes are not being exposed in Scotland to the same degree as other nations within the UK,  enabling others to come forward to share their own experiences and seek the justice they deserve, shame on the media here, for whatever reason you don't wish to expose and share, I hope that someone you know or love never has to experience what these individuals had to face

1 hour ago, geneva_ger said:

A truly horrible and disappointing country that we live in. It has been known about for so long and yet our leaders and press turn a blind eye to it.

So fucking ugly.

think the press have been forced to turn a blind eye .

that's really bad .hope it all comes out in the wash .

in a fair world the club at the heart of this really needs taken to task. 

a lot of the crimes were committed prior to the present owners and also present corporate entity .

it could be argued that they have no connection to.the crimes or cover ups. but to go to such drastic and disgusting lengths to cover up the previous cover ups and crimes directly associates them with the whole mess .

Peadophile rings are very powerful groups who hold strong influence in the whole of society. making an example of this so-called football institution(money making enterprise) sets an example to all that corruption is not viable in a modern world 

shut them down 

• 2 months later...

Seems like this trial is being reported on, and found this on the BBC Scotland website of all places, just scanned it, fucking terrible man. 

celtic Boys Club manager 'stuffed banknotes in boy's mouth'

An ex-youth footballer claimed a former celtic Boy's Club manager stuffed hundreds of pound notes into his mouth while he abused him.

The witness, now 46, said James Torbett sexually assaulted him when he played for the under-14 team.

Mr Torbett, 71, denies a total of nine offences of sexual abuse committed between 1985 and 1994.

The offences are alleged to have occurred in his Mercedes and at various addresses in Glasgow, London and Noyon.

'£100 notes'

The man, who was a teenager at the time told the court Mr Torbett - who he knew as Jim - often gave him money.

He said: "Sometimes he would give you money. He would fit it into your mouth using his hand.

"One time it was £530. I remember going home with £100 notes in my pocket."

The man, who lives in the Glasgow area, also claimed that on a trip to Noyon in France with celtic Boys Club Torbett did a" striptease" to music before abusing him.

'Striptease'

The witness, who is not being named, told prosecutor Sheena Fraser: "I was in my bed in a dormitory.

"Jim Torbett was standing there with a shirt and underpants on.

"He proceeded to do a striptease. He took his shirt off and was dancing."

The man claimed that the accused then summoned him to his room and abused him.

At times during his evidence the witness appeared upset.

Mr Torbett, from Glasgow, denies a total of nine offences of sexual abuse allegedly committed between August 1985 and August 1994.

'My hero'

Defence QC Tony Graham lodged a special defence of alibi in relation to a charge alleged to have taken place between June 1985 and June 1986.

During his evidence the man said: "Jim Torbett was my hero. I would have run through walls for him. I would have done anything he told me to do. I loved him."

The man said that he told no-one about the alleged abuse until 2015.

He added: "I had to get it out. It was killing me. I told my sister, but I swore her to secrecy."

The witness said that he also phoned Police Scotland and added: "They never came for a couple of days and I went into a huff and I told them lies."

He told the court this was because his mother was there when the police arrived.

The trial, before judge Lord Beckett, continues.

The association between him and the institution whose name gave him access to these poor children is being deliberately downplayed by the fenian media. He’d never have got the opportunity to violate these youngsters if he was with Morton or Thistle or Motherwell. 

I am also concerned that, somewhere along the line, the phrase “this case is only concerned with Torbett and not any subsequent cover up” will begin appearing.

He is toast but I fear the rancid club who covered up his crimes may yet escape punishment.

I really hope I’m wrong 

On 21/08/2018 at 12:51, King Jela said:

How many ex employees now is it they have up in court or in jail? 

On 21/08/2018 at 17:11, BridgeIsBlue said:

Six or seven historical. 

Seriously!  And this is what - just a coincidence in the eyes of the law? FFS

Archived