Barrie McKay Wanted

Bluebear11

I suspected with his performance in the old firm game and then against Liepzig that people were going to take notice. I hope if he does go, its a good club and we get a decent fee in the region of £5 million. Any less would seem as if we are getting robbed in todays market as its peanuts to some of the teams looking at him.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be disgusted with the board even more than I am already if they let the kid go for anything less than £6 million with his current deal. 

If he signs a new one, minimum £10 mill. 

Its high time we started banding the figures about that the tarriers do for their players. 

He has not played in either of the two European club competitions which will be a factor in keeping his value down.

English teams will I expect place him on the same scale as a similarly talented player playing for st johnstone or similar club. Other clubs will also be aware of our current money situation and use this also as a way of keeping the price down.

With all the above factors being considered I'd be surprised of we got more than £2.5 million for him, if we sell.

I hope if he is sold we get a good cut of future transfers.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The lack of length on his contract takes his value down a fair bit.

I think if we got offered 1.5-2 million we would sell him.

I think that's a crazily low price. He's a 3m+ player even now in our predicament. If he gets a move we must absolutely have a substantial sell on in there because he is well on his way to making a real name for himself. 

I can see Barrie staying with us for a good few seasons yet. We would be mad to sell him unless it was a crazy offer.

How much would it cost to replace him? Going by how long it has taken the players brought in over the summer to start to settle in it would be foolhardy to try and bring a replacement in. 

Barrie loves our Club, is still developing. as a player and starts almost every game. He won't want to move and spend his time on the bench for some club he has no afffinity to. 

I hope it's not  fuckin true  if  the board accept an offer less than 5 mill  it's one more smack in the teeth for us in regards to showing us how ambitions the board are.

just on the basis that we  spunked 1.8 million on Garner and if we accept an offer in that region it really will piss me off that we are selling a player that has bags of potential and left with a 29 year old that can't stand on his arse 

On the other hand I was more than critical of  Barrie  for much or this season only in the last 5-6 weeks  has he been showing some form