Barrie McKay Wanted

Bluebear11

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a club, we should be commenting in the media about such rumours and talking any rumoured transfer price up.  The manky mob are constantly talking up their players and Southampton keep falling for their crap.    Dembele has hardly set the heather on fire up here but you would be forgiven for thinking he was Messi judging by the Scottish media hysteria.  Same with Roberts and the other so-called superstar whose name I can't even remember.  Look also at the nonsense spouted about their young full back.    We need to get wise about this.   Watched McKay and Oliver Burke on Sunday and I know which player looked worth the £13m and it wasn't Burke.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

I'd be disgusted with the board even more than I am already if they let the kid go for anything less than £6 million with his current deal. 

If he signs a new one, minimum £10 mill. 

Its high time we started banding the figures about that the tarriers do for their players. 

correct ? but we will probably pay up his contract and let him go for fuck all :confused:

McKay is at the right place for now ,he needs to play for a team who play good football and don't require him to defend, and with him not yet being good enough for the top teams his options will be limited and he'd be the first guy sacrificed when points become vital to survival at the lower clubs.

I would rather sell all the duff that surrounds Barrie tbh.

for me him and foderingham are the only 2 ok maybe Miller aswell, that have upped their game from last year, he's a good talent but he's not the finished article just yet, if we hang on to him he could establish a starting place in the Scotland team and that will up his value ( I know it's Scotland but international players can demand a bigger fee).

Thing is nowadays most English teams want a wing back, like Valencia at man u or even Ashley young who is being shaped into one,  Alan Hutton is another good example, or our own Lee Wallace. mckay is a forward and that is it, I've seen him shirk a tackle or two, if he wants to play in the English prem  he would have to learn how to defend properly. 

The old school left/right winger are a dying breed. Which is a shame because we've had some world class wingers over the years with Coops, Walters Henderson, McCan etc.......oh and Huistra of course.

Plenty other players we could try get off the wage bill to save some pennies rather than sell a good asset imo.

Look at Sterling at Man City,they were fucking robbed off Liverpool £50 mill for him, but anyway i think he's in the same mould as wee Barrie,good going forward can beat a man or two and they're both pretty quick. Both are shite at defending as well. Now i'm not saying Barries in the £50 mill bracket but he's got to be at least £5 mill any less and the board are wankers.

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We need to be a selling club.

A good fee and we should take it and reinvest.

What that fee should be is subjective, but folks better get used to our better players being sold off as that's our model.

Will be difficult, its just shite. Imagine it's to a seaside club like Southampton.

TV companies have made the game a joke. Trouble is that people just seem to take it as natural so that Man City/PSG types buying the worlds best players and going for CL's is taken as sporting achievement. 

Games finished as a proper contest between clubs and nations. Wish their was an alternative to this structure. Something less commercially driven and make belief :anger:

we really need to stop short changing our players, 7million for McKay minimum in todays market.

Is he actually worth that? No, but he well could be. However with the money down south, if an English club comes looking we need to double our valuations.

The dhims will actually get 20 million for Dembele, and you're stupid if you don't think that. That's the going rate nowadays, when I lived in Plymouth I saw Yannick Bolasie play regularly, and he had about 1 good game in 10...now he's a 30+ million pound player.

Accepting or even entertaining bids of say 3-4 million for our best player, is a joke, and if we do it as a club, we'll be left behind

After the tarriers game, Brenda went over to Mckay to shake hands. You could see that Brenda had singled out McKay and he was expressing the fact that Mckay had played very well. I thought then that he would be on the tom toms to his pals down south raving about Mckay, knowing he wouldn't be able to sign him.

3 minutes ago, Basrah Bear said:

After the tarriers game, Brenda went over to Mckay to shake hands. You could see that Brenda had singled out McKay and he was expressing the fact that Mckay had played very well. I thought then that he would be on the tom toms to his pals down south raving about Mckay, knowing he wouldn't be able to sign him.

Fux sake man 

And here is the fundamental flaw in our "nurturing young talent " football philosophy the Gaffer goes on about. 

Every young player has his price - we can get them to a point they start showing some consistency and talent then woof they are off - leaving us with the mediocrity 

Our young talent will always leave us so it makes it really difficult to put a decent side on the park. 

It's a fundamental flaw in our philosophy.

For it to work it does require a level of investment to hold it all together.  Investment that includes players that have the talent and experience that our young guns can actually "learn" from and are paid enough to make them content enough to stay for a while. 

It's really not rocket science 

If the board accept a ridiculous bid for McKay then MW will walk. He's building the team round McKay IMO. If he was in green and white his current form would have him worth £10m at least. 

He's got potential and is already a very good player, I wouldn't take anything below £8m and I'd want guarantees that it'll be put towards the playing squad 

This is where we need to start matching the beggars. We need to overrate him to fuck to get the largest fee possible. Make it clear we're not looking to sell him at all etc. Show interested clubs 3 min highlight reels on YouTube 

I'm being serious in saying I wouldn't take less than £8m cause we could get it easily if our board play their cards right. I don't want to see McKay going so soon. 

I think one of the clubs will be RB Leipzig, he fits their transfer policy, Burke obviously likes him, it all makes sense 

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

I think you are wrong. I've never seen anything about a £2m release clause.

Elfideldo seemed to allude to a release clause on FF. Maybe he can clear that up of he's looking in? If he does have a clause it makes a new contract all the more urgent