King looking to strike a deal

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing we can guarantee from DK is plenty of Words..I wish someone would ask him for ACTION..That is how I judge people today..Spouting your opinion on everything and nothing will not put better players on the pitch nor will it con the Supporters into buying as many Season Tickets as we did last Summer..

Step Up And Play..But produce the Pounds NOT the Pennies.. 

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Do you not think King would have been better to have tried negotiation instead of aggression at the very outset?

As I recall King went to meet him with a view to negotiating a fairer deal and on the way back was followed to be served by a court notice! 

6 hours ago, B1872 said:

Don't talk pish! ?

We should just have one thread set up in the boardroom so you usual bangers can all just wank themselves over Ashley and bitch and greet and Dave King. You cunts are worse than the yessers FS! Let it go. ??

Calm down, calm down.  You'll do yourself an injury.  Now, very slowly, have another look at my post.  See where I didn't say that I support Ashley?  What I did say was that Ashley has rung rings around King.  King came in with grand promises about sorting out the SD contracts.  We are still waiting for that.  That's because Ashley is smarter than King.  None of this means that I think Ashley is a good guy.  Read carefully before you dish out abuse. 

39 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Are you actually trying to insinuate that Ferguson or Smith aren't Rangers men?

I'm saying that they seem to have no problem getting their names in a Celtic-funded comic if it suits their financial interests or their egos. 

The last face to face DK had with the chubster about the retail deal ended with them shaking hands, only for the fhat fhuckin slug to have DK tailed all the way to Glasgow to serve him with papers on confidentiality on him,and the threat of jail.
How the fuck could you have any sort of respect for a fhat fhuckin thieving coward.
Me personally cannot wait till this fuckin fhat lump of cancer is removed from our club.
How any one person connected to our club cannot see this horrible thieving bastard for what he is beyond me.   

35 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

The last face to face DK had with the chubster about the retail deal ended with them shaking hands, only for the fhat fhuckin slug to have DK tailed all the way to Glasgow to serve him with papers on confidentiality on him,and the threat of jail.
How the fuck could you have any sort of respect for a fhat fhuckin thieving coward.
Me personally cannot wait till this fuckin fhat lump of cancer is removed from our club.
How any one person connected to our club cannot see this horrible thieving bastard for what he is beyond me.   

I take it you are referring to King!

13 hours ago, Smile said:

They should have got round the table and sorted it like Adults for the good of Rangers.

This contract must be watertight as Graham Wallace when he was at Rangers said it was which you'd think he'd know.

No contract is watertight if both parties reach an alternative agreement.  

10 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

As I recall King went to meet him with a view to negotiating a fairer deal and on the way back was followed to be served by a court notice! 

Perhaps but that was a considerable time after King telling us all he would attend to Ashley.  Unfortunately (for us), King does not have the clout of Ashley when it comes down to a power game.

“We are happy to put the money in to cover the retail. It is not a lot of money, it is £5m or £6m.”

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/celtic-easy-run-champions-league-10089715

We'll get 5-6M until the boycott is called off. DK's says investors are happy to cover the lost income from retail. 

10 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Perhaps but that was a considerable time after King telling us all he would attend to Ashley.  Unfortunately (for us), King does not have the clout of Ashley when it comes down to a power game.

Agreed King doesn't have the clout but we the supporters do.  MA is cutting off his nose to spite his face by not agreeing a fairer deal.....and that is because he is a fucking bully.

Dave, you started this whole thing wrong by thinking you could shame and force MA into submission which IMO was a stupid move. 

If you are now really trying to sort out a deal I think the best way to do it would be to say nothing until it is done because you have a real ability to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

47 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Dave, you started this whole thing wrong by thinking you could shame and force MA into submission which IMO was a stupid move. 

If you are now really trying to sort out a deal I think the best way to do it would be to say nothing until it is done because you have a real ability to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

There is a lot of truth in this. The manner in which DK chose to wrestle control from the previous board with boycotts and personal attacks was hardly a charm offensive. It was a highly personalised attack from the beginning both on Ashley and his business. Such strategies never end well. 

However I will say the financial results just released are the most positive for a long time. If King can cut a deal with Ashley then suddenly we could drop the dead weight the Club has been dragging behind it since King went to war with Ashley. Some will see this as a support of Ashley- it most certainly is not. But Ashley rightly or wrongly is a significant shareholder and trading partner. There are rarely any winners when such battles are fought. Or if there are any winners they are based North of the Clyde.

Imo its become a clash of financial titans both with egos bigger than their personal wealth, and with a pride in not wanting to lose (or not seeming to lose, or at least coming out with an outcome they can live with).  They're not equal titans  in financial strength - far from it.  But it doesn't stop the sort of locking of antlers and all the personal and legal mooing and huffing that we're seeing.     Fine for them, they like that sort of verbal combat and are happy enough to take their points (expensively) all the way to the courts to be settled, in Rangers case at our expense if not entirely financial then at least in terms of name and reputation.

So why has King not sought arbitration as a solution rather than ploughing more money, more time, more angst, more effort, more complaint, more bluster into continuing to pursue legal remedies?    Sure it would take Ashley to agree to binding arbitration but I wonder if the concept has even been discussed between Rangers and SD.   Their respective lawyers won't want it of course because it would cut short their fees.   And they - perhaps like King and Ashley - just yearn for their day in court to show off how good they are at litigation.  

Surely a referral to a third party arbiter to make a binding determination on the disputes would be the quickest and cheapest way to bring this to a binding conclusion.  King might not like the result.  Ashley might not like the result.  We might not like the result.  SD shareholders might not like the result.   But it would be ended quickly and we move on.  

King seems to think its possible a resolution might be achieved before next season.    Misplaced optimism to keep us all rolling along in the belief that he's actually busting a gut to get this solved?   Just a wee bit more time.  Any yet some more time.   Nearly there now.    End in sight and all that.   Or is his optimism matched by Ashley?  

It takes 2 to make an agreed solution or you let the court settle it or let an arbiter settle it.  So its either negotiate it between them, continue down the expensive pathway to the courts and take whatever judgement the court comes to, or appoint an independent arbiter to make a binding determination.    Maybe Rangers shareholders (1872 for instance) should be pressing the Board about why the option to seek binding 3rd party binding arbitration has not been vigorously pursued.    If King is so sure of the case - and the presumption must be that the Club is very sure of its case - then what is there to fear in pressing for 3rd party arbitration.

Its all taking far too long.   And costs will continue to mount.  More than that its a wrangle the Club and the Support and Shareholders have had to endure for far too long.  Seems to me its time a lot more Board effort was made - visibly made - to bring this to a prompt conclusion.    Just hoping for something to be concluded for next season may be fine in some respects.......but in others its far too woolly and risks being seen as simply stringing shareholders and support along.   

On 3/24/2017 at 9:55 AM, Boybluesy said:

If I remember correctly, the first contact with Ashley was Paul Murray meeting him in London, and that didn't go well.  Then King said he could live with the deal and didn't really push to solve the issue at that time.  

On 24/03/2017 at 7:57 AM, B1872 said:

Don't talk pish! ?

We should just have one thread set up in the boardroom so you usual bangers can all just wank themselves over Ashley and bitch and greet and Dave King. You cunts are worse than the yessers FS! Let it go. ??

ffs.

Not sure if you have realised but more than a few of the people on here who have started slating King, were actually people who were in favour of him coming in, and have never said a nice word about Ashley the whole time.

Not being happy with King does not equate to either wanting, or being happy with Ashley.

Boohoo, you all love ashley is the record you have been stuck on in this forum for a while now.  It is easily as tiresome as any of the crap you are pointing out. 

For the Record, Ashley is a cunt, who has taken advantage of us being in a bad position, and under the charge of charlatans. IMO King is also a cunt who has lied to us, treated us like mugs, and is full of broken promises.   The only difference between the two is I don't believe that King will rip us off, he will just fill us full of moonbeams and treat us like morons.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

ffs.

Not sure if you have realised but more than a few of the people on here who have started slating King, were actually people who were in favour of him coming in, and have never said a nice word about Ashley the whole time.

Not being happy with King does not equate to either wanting, or being happy with Ashley.

Boohoo, you all love ashley is the record you have been stuck on in this forum for a while now.  It is easily as tiresome as any of the crap you are pointing out. 

For the Record, Ashley is a cunt, who has taken advantage of us being in a bad position, and under the charge of charlatans. IMO King is also a cunt who has lied to us, treated us like mugs, and is full of broken promises.   The only difference between the two is I don't believe that King will rip us off, he will just fill us full of moonbeams and treat us like morons.

Sums it up perfectly mate. 

9 minutes ago, gogzy said:

ffs.

Sorry mate been saying this for ages but that you love Ashley patter should be a bannable offense. It's a clear attempt at stiffling debate and derails nearly every thread it seeps into.