Pedro Ashamed after Sunday

Guest Lloyd72

8 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Jock Wallace focused on character building so the approach Pedro has taken is nothing new.  it 's just labeled differently 'sports psychology'. He needs a fair crack at the whip. 

Things have to improve pretty quickly though there are season tickets to sell and I suspect rogers will have a fair bit of cash to spend in the summer 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Thermopylae said:

Things have to improve pretty quickly though there are season tickets to sell and I suspect rogers will have a fair bit of cash to spend in the summer 

Agreed,that will be down to what the board are willing to invest into the 1st team.

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Agreed,that will be down to what the board are willing to invest into the 1st team.

Do you not feel though a good manager can work with what he has ... look at the way that rogers has improved the team we beat in the semi last year

1 hour ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

In a way he's calling out some players as he mentions that they weren't all pulling in the same direction from his Rangers TV clip.

I definitely didn't see the aggression we've seen in various other games since he's came in and that was disappointing.

It feels to me like certain players simply froze.

Makes a difference to MW and his approach of not wanting to upset his player's feelings. I don't think I've ever heard MW come out and criticise a player's performance like that. 

I know talk is cheap but it's good to know he's not afraid to speak his mind and I just hope he's struck a chord with some of these lazy bastards. 

7 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Do you not feel though a good manager can work with what he has ... look at the way that rogers has improved the team we beat in the semi last year

That's like asking a plumber to improve rusty pipes, when what's needed are new ones. Yep we beat them last year, but has the standard been good enough for this year? I'd say no and that the standards bar needs raising when choosing players to play for Rangers.

I hope he had a scan round the fan pics, checking out the pig sick expressions and folded arms, that's the guys to win over Pedro we have had plenty talking the talk bullshitters, I hope he can walk the walk.

That was an abject performance, it certainly took me by surprise as I was expecting a intae thum from minute one.

It's strange that the manager is being ridiculed for the way he speaks. The country he is from absolutely fawn over tactics, they speak about it for hours, on every page of the sport section and he's getting the piss taken out of him for explaining it here, because Scotland is somehow different. Every team in his native top flight would turn us over and then some, so I don't see why there has to be a different approach. Title winning teams need heart, fight and desire from the manager and the player regardless of the country. We've got one half of that so far. 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

That's like asking a plumber to improve rusty pipes, when what's needed is new ones. Yep we beat them last year, but has the standard been good enough for this year? I'd say no and that the standards bar needs raising when choosing players to play for Rangers.

:thumbsup:

Nail on the head with your post Sweetheart .... It's been said more than once on this forum even SAF and other top managers would find it extremely difficult to get much more out of this squad .... their limit has been found out since last year's SCF and has not improved much since then .... PC needs a fresh start to change the situation and raise the standards bar as you say.

I hope he gets the funds to do so in the summer window.

:UK:

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

alright knob jockey?

"Caixinha doesn’t think it was his plan going into the 2-0 Scottish Cup defeat that was wrong but the way it was executed."

it's a conspiracy theory though according to you isn't it?

:lol:

You are the stupidest person on here at the moment - you said the players disobeyed him and that's what I said the conspiracy theory was ... also Skyson fuck up 

25 minutes ago, gsa said:

Why do European teams find it so easy to play against Scottish opposition,  if Scotland is this special place where the normal rules don't apply?

Persnally I disagree with the advocaat comment. His teams played the most sophisticated football ever see in Scotland and certainly ever played by a Scottish team in Europe. 

Advocaats football was good agreed but the point im making he built it from defence with some physical guys to do that side of things too regarding the first point that's a mystery to me and something that's been discussed on here before - teams in Europe can play us off the park but when the same tactics and methods are employed at the old firm itbdoesnt  work 

As I said elsewhere, I'm that deflated by this season and most recently, Sunday's performance, that I couldn't give a fuck any more.

That was our last chance to salvage anything meaningful from what has been a car crash of a season and within five minutes, you just knew that they were turning us over.

The novelty of the new manager has well and truly turns off. We played better in the first-half of the 5-1 game than we did at Hampden.

Utter pish.

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

If cunts actually paid attention to what he said you would know he talks sense unlike the utter bullshit baldy came out with. If it was him he would have said he was proud of their efforts on Sunday and they had an off day, but when Pedro says he is ashamed he gets slaughtered just as much?

That's what I don't get. Some posters seem to have took some sort of insight into Pedro's tactics, philosophy, and all the rest of it from what he's being saying.

I don't think he says much of substance at all though and when I look for evidence on the pitch I just see a disjointed side that can hardly keep possession anymore and lumps the ball forward quicker.

What is Pedro's philosophy or system? All I've heard him talk about is stimulations, adaptations, the game being made up of moments, getting the transitions right, and the magic tactic of going tight on Lustig and Scot Brown. Apart from that all he has said is he likes aggression, strong mentalities, and being more direct.

Maybe it's me that isn't getting what he's explaining but so far it's just coming across as a nice collection of phrases. When you look at our play there is no sign that we have a coherent plan or style of play. We've went from a team that dominated most games but were shit up front to one that can't pass.

Now we have the likes of Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Thistle, and Aberdeen contesting who dominates the play. That's always been the difference between us and the also-rans. We are the team that needs to dictate proceedings and dominate teams. We have not been able to control nothing these last few weeks.

Even with his faults, Barton, and all the injuries, Warburton still had us dominating games and always looking like we knew what we were doing. That was despite his aim being to play expansive football which should be more difficult to do than add aggression, be more direct, and whatever it is Pedro is trying to do. 

We have to give the guy time but we seem to be going backwards on the park and the team look like they don't have a clue. That's why I want to know what Pedro's philosophy and tactics actually are. Aggression, route-one, and counter attacking football can all be useful but it takes more than that to be good enough to challenge for titles. I say that because these are about the only changes to our game that I've noticed.

So far we're are managing to sometimes snatch goals by going direct but it's so one dimensional most of the time that we will always struggle against good sides. I wouldn't be able to distinguish us from a Kilmarnock in our style and standard of play these past few weeks without the difference in strips and colours.

Hopefully we will start to see improvements in our play soon enough and fair play to Pedro for saying publicly it was not good but at the moment I don't see any match between his patter and what happens on the pitch except in a negative way. The patter doesn't make much sense and neither does the tactics or football. 

the players should be ashamed when watching the video re-run when you watch mongo brown strolling about the centre of the park like he was something special that not one of them had the balls, anger, fire in the belly call it what you want to put in a challenge, leave the boot in and let him know he's not having it his own way, sure as fuck the likes of Ian Ferguson or Bomber Brown would have put the cunt in his place

As much as I don't think the manager is the man for Rangers I want him to succeed, and I don't think that is the best way he should be reacting to a defeat, any defeat, not as manager; it is his job to absorb defeat, and to handle victory also in a similar way. I think he needs advice on how to handle things; this is a new experience for him, and anyone going into a new environment would find it hard at first. Hopefully he adjusts to all the things that can come his way managing this great club, but he needs to do that soon. I really like Johansson, and it's a clever decision to make him a coach here, but I think Caixhina could do with someone who has an even bigger experience of the club at his side, even if only at the beginning.

51 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Advocaats football was good agreed but the point im making he built it from defence with some physical guys to do that side of things too regarding the first point that's a mystery to me and something that's been discussed on here before - teams in Europe can play us off the park but when the same tactics and methods are employed at the old firm itbdoesnt  work 

It hasn't worked yet. Surely we have to evolve at some stage? 

Football is backward in this country. 

A forward drops deep into a pocket of space and has a great first touch then lays the ball off, nobody notices. The same forward charges down a full back in the corner and blocks a clearance (giving away a goal kick and letting the full back off the hook) and the stadium erupts. Retarted.  

1 minute ago, gsa said:

A forward drops deep into a pocket of space and has a great first touch then lays the ball off, nobody notices. The same forward charges down a full back in the corner and blocks a clearance (giving away a goal kick and letting the full back off the hook) and the stadium erupts. Retarted.  

It really isn't. That first instance you are speaking about was that Halliday not tracking back on their player for the first goal?

1 hour ago, gsa said:

Why do European teams find it so easy to play against Scottish opposition,  if Scotland is this special place where the normal rules don't apply?

Persnally I disagree with the advocaat comment. His teams played the most sophisticated football ever see in Scotland and certainly ever played by a Scottish team in Europe. 

I cannot stand the "but its just not suited to Scottish football". As you say... most teams that come to Scotland absolutely destroy the opposition.

Our batch of players are obviously not able to adjust to Pedros way of playing.

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

I agree it has to work at some point and ideally we could be the ones to benefit from it but it's too big an experiment just now when the taigs are wanting to do 10 and we can get left behind for years 

I was against this experimental idea at the time of Pedros appointment and still am with 1 or 2 maybe missing my point that there's a certain formula that works whether it's fancy or not 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

It really isn't. That first instance you are speaking about was that Halliday not tracking back on their player for the first goal?

I don't understand your question? I wasn't talking about Halliday or any specific incident. 

And yes it is. Football is backward in Scotland.

That's why our European participants don't get past the premilinary rounds and the national team hasn't qualified for a tournament in 20 years.