Pedro Angry at Leaks

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha angry at dressing room leaks ahead of Old Firm derby

The ceaseless calibration of a Rangers manager’s performance is a rite of passage that – sooner rather than later, usually – is one that must be negotiated carefully by each incumbent. Pedro Caixinha’s test has arrived within five weeks of his appointment and not only because his players failed to provide a cohesive challenge to Celtic in Sunday’s William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final defeat at Hampden Park. 

Word had emerged from disenchanted sources within the club that the manager had laid down a pre-season schedule that specified a return to training on June 1, with only a nine-day break after the end of the Scottish Premiership league campaign and that his decree had not gone down well with his squad. When invited to comment, Caixinha’s response was a threat to withdraw co-operation with the media in the event of further leaks.

“You can write what you want but if the respect passes then you’re not counting on me for anything,” he said. “I have already spoken about how much holiday time the players will have

“Our first competitive game is going to be June 29, we normally need five or six weeks pre-season and the season finishes on May 21 so it’s a question of maths. The players don’t need to complain because the plan has not been presented to them yet.

“If someone is doing my work I would appreciate they come and tell me how it’s going to be. At the moment, it’s unofficial and when it is official and when I want you to know it, you will know it from me.

“I am the manager and I am the one that plans the pre-season and the vacation. If I try to live my life by the stories in the newspapers – which I don’t read – then how am I going to live?”

It is, of course, entirely possible to be both sympathetic to Caixinha in respect of the scheduling difficulties imposed by the early advent of the Europa League qualifiers but also to observe the necessity of reporting that the issue has caused dissent within the dressing room. In that regard, Caixinha is nursing wrath towards the source of the leaks.

“If those things are coming from inside it is something I need to find out about and when I find out I will act,” he said. When it was put to Caixinha that he was visibly more agitated than on any of his previous appearance, he replied: “No. You are seeing someone that is clear, is frontal, is open – but everyone has his own limit.

“When I feel I am not being respected, I’m not going to respect. I’m polite, I’m educated but I’m a f***ing tough guy.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/27/rangers-manager-pedro-caixinha-angry-dressing-room-leaks-ahead/

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that Halliday at it again?

You'd think they would be desperate to gain a new manager's respect and earn their place. Well, not this crew. They obviously think they're superstars, but the results prove otherwise and exactly why this bunch should never don the light blue jersey.  They are an embarassment and I would give them the longest holiday of their lives. A permanent one.

6 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

How can they come from inside if he hasn't told them yet?

That's what I was thinking - if there's no truth in the stories, then how could they be "leaked" ?

Regardless, I'm with Pedro on this one. It's ridiculous the amount of cunts at our club that go running to the likes of the Daily Record or get interviewed on BBC Scotland etc. 

as for the players, Pedro's right there too (even if he denies it's happened) by getting them in for extra training and a short pre-season break. The chancing bastards should be grateful they've got a Rangers career to come back to after the summer holidays. 

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Why do I have the feeling these leaks come from either Halliday or Wallace. Seems every time something comes out it involves these two i.e. Barton and the wedding.

Team news leaks dried up a bit when Halliday and Wallace were out but we knew all about the line up last week, Surely Halliday can't be the leak

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Why do I have the feeling these leaks come from either Halliday or Wallace. Seems every time something comes out it involves these two i.e. Barton and the wedding.

Where'd that come from? Very much doubt he's leaked anything.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

That's what I was thinking - if there's no truth in the stories, then how could they be "leaked" ?

Regardless, I'm with Pedro on this one. It's ridiculous the amount of cunts at our club that go running to the likes of the Daily Record or get interviewed on BBC Scotland etc. 

as for the players, Pedro's right there too (even if he denies it's happened) by getting them in for extra training and a short pre-season break. The chancing bastards should be grateful they've got a Rangers career to come back to after the summer holidays. 

Pedro's only getting 9 days off too. He's leading by example as are his coaching team. I get 24 days holidays a year and would be miffed if you cut that to 9. But if you then were prepared to drop me between 5 and 15k a week, I'd bite your fucking hand off. Sappy, soft cunts. If all those Celtic players are called up for the England game on the 10th of June, they'll have pretty short pre season breaks. Have they been greetin to the press?

3 minutes ago, Pud said:

Some guy at Auchenhowie apparently reported Pedro to the HR department, maybe this is where this has stemmed from ? 

Probably. Reading the article in the Record yesterday it's a stick-on it's the guy from the Auchenhowie that's went running to them. 

He's still a leak. Sack him.