Progres striker not cleared to play [?]

If you broke the rules by playing this guy then they deserve to be kicked out the tournament, they knew he was under investigation and they knew the risks of playing him. 

For everyone saying we should take some moral high ground and say thanks but no thanks, the rules are there for a reason. 

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, bgally said:

Or the one where the scum got beat by some Swiss mob and they ( Sion ) played players who were signed whilst under a transfer embargo.Out they went too.

The Sion case was more clear cut in fairness, just typical they were the ones who benefited

That Legia situation was pretty ridiculous however

Worst result in our history by far imo, and nothing should overshadow it. That being said, rules are rules, its laughable to think we could go from a country where the rules are often literally made up on the spot, to the governing body of European football being told to basically forget theirs. Retrospective fuck all.

After last night would i fuck go searching for technicalities, but imo we should be going through because they havent followed the correct procedures. 

Can you imagine the reaction if we had gone through, but there had been a single  error on any of registered players in our squad? 

I'm still struggling to come to terms with last night, and i cant believe im clinging onto something so ridiculous, but he wasnt cleared to play and the should be booted out. Knowing us and our luck, the cypriot mob would just get a bye to the next round anyway.

Just now, simplythebest said:

The Sion case was more clear cut in fairness, just typical they were the one who benefited

That Legia situation was pretty ridiculous however

Aye you're right,it's just that it was the scum who benefitted and their fans loved it.Whereas we don't  want it. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If you broke the rules by playing this guy then they deserve to be kicked out the tournament, they knew he was under investigation and they knew the risks of playing him. 

For everyone saying we should take some moral high ground and say thanks but no thanks, the rules are there for a reason. 

I have been flip flopping since I started to read this thread, but I think I am now 52/48 in thinking what you have just posted.

Rules are rules and although it would be undeserved if they have indeed broken them, then out they should go.  

Business is business to be honest, yes it's an embarrassing way to get into the next round but we've had plenty of teams over the years who have benefited from things like this so its not unique (Denmark not qualifying for Euro 92 then winning it, the peados have done it not once but twice as well as other teams).

If and its a big if this is true then the player should not have been on the park to score that goal his club knew before hand but still played him.

At the very least if the guy was not cleared to play it should be a one off game similar to Leeds vs Stuttgart in 92.