Progres striker not cleared to play [?]

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

For the avoidance of doubt that's a fucked up rule but if we get back into Europe because of it I'll no be given a fuck

I would also grab it with both hands.  Another full house gets a million into the club 

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These were the comments before the 1st leg. Why would they then not get permission as it appears it was needed?

Manu Francoise is another new recruit and is set to face Rangers, despite failing a drugs test last month.

The French midfielder only signed for the Ibrox side’s Europa League opponents a couple of weeks ago but Luxembourg doping chiefs revealed he failed a routine drugs check — and he could face a long ban.

Yet Progres bosses are firmly behind him and have vowed to fight any punishment, claiming it was due to asthma medication.

General manager Thomas Gilgemann said: “We support Francoise against this charge.

What he took was not performance-enhancing — he was having an athsma attack.”

Look, aside from sky there appears to be no one running this story. I'd have expected it to be splashed everywhere if there was even a chance we'd be reinstated.

Even Sky themselves only mentioned it on a tv report and don't seem to have it on their website.

3 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

Really, when does the media ever fight our corner?

Cmon, so every news agency on earth would sit on the story? :lol: 

If it starts being reported I'll believe there is something in it. The clubs may well have commented too today if there was a possibility of anything happening.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Cmon, so every news agency on earth would sit on the story? :lol: 

If it starts being reported I'll believe there is something in it. The clubs may well have commented too today if there was a possibility of anything happening.

Not saying they would sit on it but not many will push it or highlight the issue, i.e. On the phone to UEFA looking for an immediate statement.

1 minute ago, onefootwillie said:

Don't believe this I am sure someone is at the windup but there is no way we should be looking to take advantage of anything like that. No matter how bad we are on the field we are a better club than that 

Don't believe this shite that we're a better club than that....if it was us you could guarantee 99% of clubs in world football would be dying for us to be found guilty so they could get back in

Not saying the club should be pursuing it but if it happens it happens, would be that mobs own fault.

The taigs lost 6-1 on aggregate to Poznan with a player not registered coming on in the last 5 min. this player has played in both legs and had a deciding factor in the result if he wasn't cleared by uefa too play in either tie than surely  fuck the moral ground just think if the boot was on the other foot and we had a player suspended. 

Last night was embarrassing enough, would rather we didn't lower ourselves even considering this.

Would be harsh anyway if UEFA didn't approve it.

Guy is having an asthma attack and they're supposed to try and get UEFA on the phone before they can treat him? No chance.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

The drug taken, whilst banned, is permissible for medical reasons, if declared in advance. However, he did not have advance permission when he took the drug in May, but his argument is that he had an asthma attack immediately before a game and took the drug, leaving him no time to declare it.

Sounds like a load of bollocks tbh.

If it's clenbuterol that he has tested positive for then i think he has been maybe abusing it, you can use it to cut weight, and when caught out he has concoted the asthma story.

Surely clubs know about illnesses such as asthma when a player signs, they must be declared incase he takes an attack on the pitch and so the medical people are on hand to deal with it.

I lost a mate at 22 to an asthma attack because the ambulance didn't get to him on time, in school all the teachers were aware of his condition, it's common practice to alert people about it.

What a fucking embarrassment this would be, to go through on a tim like technicality against a team like that, if it were to happen we should refuse to go back in .As others have said what would it gain us? It would only entail in another inevitable doing from the Cypriots.

8 minutes ago, loyal said:

The taigs lost 6-1 on aggregate to Poznan with a player not registered coming on in the last 5 min. this player has played in both legs and had a deciding factor in the result if he wasn't cleared by uefa too play in either tie than surely  fuck the moral ground just think if the boot was on the other foot and we had a player suspended. 

Legia missed two penalties in the home leg, had they converted at least one they'd still go through.

35 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

You are a fucking riddy, we got beat on the night. If we do get put into the next round l would be fucking embarrassed but it's not going to happen so get over it mate, we are fucking guff and don't deserve to be in the next round ffs.

I didn't make the rules ffs Am only following them if that mob have broke rules I suspect they will be punted.

The club should be all over this and contacting UEFA as time is a killer here as the next game is a week tomorrow and things need to be organised.   

So the quicker they are into UEFA the better chance we would have of having them thrown out.  Rules are rules and fuck fair play as if the shoe was on the other foot we would be thrown out 

9 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Just back from Luxembourg now. What's the script with this?

Don't know. 

But I feel like the board and manager should be reimbursing you (and the rest) for the tickets, flight and hotel stay... or whatever you paid.