Fabio Cardoso - Brutal defender

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Every fucker we play against should be coming off the pitch feeling like they have went 10 rounds with a grizzly Bear. 

For too long we have been whipping boys when it comes to the physical side of the game, no more hopefully. 

Couldn't agree more. 

1 hour ago, Bydo said:

I think that they are using the world brutal in a different way to what we are used to here on RM :lol: pussies.

1 hour ago, DeanMK said:

I think they're using that word in a different context to how people are perceiving it on here...

59 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If anyone is reading that as them saying he's shite then they need their head checked :lol:

:tu:For a central defender, it's a compliment. Brutal doesn't mean shite anywhere apart from Scotland.

Fabio Cardoso - Brutal defender

First thing I thought when I read that thread title was brilliant, exactly what we need for Scottish football.

First thing I thought when reading the OP article that he hackled the French player and was brutal was brilliant, exactly what we need for Scottish football. 

Bring it on............

2 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

He's nothing like Svensson though. Not a similar type of player. 

Not in terms of style, no. In terms of impact, though, I'm anticipating similarities.

Again, I'm sorry, but from my honest perspective, Caixinha's filled this squad with Portuguese shite who won't have the desired impact.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

Basically he was physical and didn't give them an inch, same goes for Alves, taking no prisoners and I fucking love having two centre backs like that been far too long (also both of them aren't hammer tossers either, they can play with the ball at their feet too).

French are known for being bitter anyway

6 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Not in terms of style, no. In terms of impact, though, I'm anticipating similarities.

Again, I'm sorry, but from my honest perspective, Caixinha's filled this squad with Portuguese shite who won't have the desired impact.

'Filled a squad' with 'Portugese shite'?:rofl:

There are 4 Portugese in the squad, one is on loan and another is an International who is head and shoulders above any defenders we've had for a good few years. Do you, genuinely, think thats 'filling a squad'.

Your maths is about as accurate as your 'perspective'.

3 hours ago, TheBlueOne said:

Actually happy to read that, that's what you want 2 solid brutal CB's that forwards will hate to play against! We lacked steel last year and hopefully with the Cardoso and Alves we have it at the back, and with Jack and Dorrans in midfield hopefully it'll be solid as well! No more powder puff players that get bossed about, can only be a good thing 

Herrera looks like he can handle himself as well.

Not seen enough of Pena but he doesn't look like a push over either.

11 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Basically he was physical and didn't give them an inch, same goes for Alves, taking no prisoners and I fucking love having two centre backs like that been far too long (also both of them aren't hammer tossers either, they can play with the ball at their feet too).

I don't think it was a complaint from the French at all, just a pile of shite from a Scottish 'journalist' who couldn't handle a positive display from the team.

42 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

:lol: 

Serious question, were you there yesterday?

35 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

'Filled a squad' with 'Portugese shite'?:rofl:

There are 4 Portugese in the squad, one is on loan and another is an International who is head and shoulders above any defenders we've had for a good few years. Do you, genuinely, think thats 'filling a squad'.

Your maths is about as accurate as your 'perspective'.

For fuck's sake, do I need to explain every comment's literal purpose?

When I compared Cardoso to Svensson, I didn't mean there style, nor do I literally mean that Caixinha has introduced a 100% Portuguese squad when I say "filled it". It was an off-the-cuff comment, but I include the South Americans in that, too.

I'd kill for a coffee right now, but just for your benefit, I wouldn't literally kill someone...

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

:lol: 

Serious question, were you there yesterday?

Sadly, yes. I don't like friendlies and haven't been since we beat Newcastle at Ibrox in 2009 or 2010, but they're meaningless warm-up matches.

My opinion is based on the two-legged tie with a Power League team from Luxembourg.

50 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

perhaps the french expected Kiernan and Sendross, hopefully, those days are long gone and we are now back to players in the mould of Amo, Gough, Butcher etc....