That was painful to watch

KeyserSoze

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's important to not get carried away, but also to accept things look to be on the up.

We're a weird bunch sometimes, one bad result and everything is a mess and everyone's a useless cunt. Similarly a good performance and result and suddenly everything's going to be great.

I think it's reasonable to feel optimistic after that showing, however, I for one am not going to say we're going to do this or that. Let's just see, and hopefully we are pleasantly surprised.

The team has showen it can perform and we need to see the same again against Hibs but I liked how Pedro was not getting carried away with the 6-0 win and was talking about consistency. I think we may have a good manager on our hands, who can build a team of winners.

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I think it's important to not get carried away, but also to accept things look to be on the up.

We're a weird bunch sometimes, one bad result and everything is a mess and everyone's a useless cunt. Similarly a good performance and result and suddenly everything's going to be great.

I think it's reasonable to feel optimistic after that showing, however, I for one am not going to say we're going to do this or that. Let's just see, and hopefully we are pleasantly surprised.

I'm certainly not getting carried away Jack old chap. I'm saying this feels different to all the other false dawns, feels different I say. I'm not jumping about saying we are brilliant and it's 55 and what not - I'm talking about the feeling

Might only be Dunfermline, but last season we would've struggled with that, certainly don't think it would've been 6.

Obviously important not to get too carried away, but the signs are there that we are slowly improving and going in the right direction, massive result last night, everyone said we needed to start scoring, myself included, and last night was proof we can score a variety of different goals when needed, and our defence is stronger than it's been in many many years, just need to keep going!

My throat is also fucked, an away game to Motherwell, then 3 home games are not good for the voice!

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I'm certainly not getting carried away Jack old chap. I'm saying this feels different to all the other false dawns, feels different I say. I'm not jumping about saying we are brilliant and it's 55 and what not - I'm talking about the feeling

Agreed, and I feel that too.

But I'm firmly in the once bitten twice shy camp

The pleasing thing for me is 2 games on the bounce an early goal has been scored, too many times last season we laboured and soon found ourselves a goal down, get out the traps early and blow teams away, break their resistance early and the games in theory should become easier to win.

It's also pleasing that the 8 goals scored from Sunday have been shared from the front to the back, the ability to score goals from all over the park was severely lacking last season, I'm not getting carried away as I have witnessed to many false dawns over the years but we certainly look to be heading in the right direction.

20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

My hands were painful from clapping, my throat sore from shouting and cheering and my head ringing from the noise around me. Painful but in a good way.

I sat at Ibrox last night with a lump in my throat, not my Bar72 chicken curry, oh no, this was an emotional lump. A strange feeling had came over me and hard as it was to keep telling myself "it's only fucking Dunfermline" there was a change in the wind, a weird sensation I tried to fathom, a sensation I have not had in way too long a time.

It's hard after 5 years of shite to trust anyone and that includes players and managers. We have had to put up with cheap fakes, powder puff and managers who were just not good at their job..... Charlatans, shysters and con-men, taking a wage and giving fuck all back. 

It's also difficult to leave 5 years behind, it's ripped us apart so I can see where folks are wary and sceptical and not trusting, but do you know what, this just feels different, in my heart and head it feels different - watching Pedro and those players last night, fighting, organised, clever, I think finally we can move on -  never forget -  but move on. 

This is gonna be some season ahead, I can tell you that for sure

Stick that on your fucking Birthday card

Not like you to post something very good and insiteful ??

33 minutes ago, Sket said:

Hmmm. 

Remember when we played st mirren a couple of years ago and the whole stadium erupted in applause after some nice play by waghorn and tav...how did that turn out?

We've won the square root of fuck all,people need to settle down.

If you remember that was one good move in 90 minutes in a game we could have lost. Last night was good flowing football with fight and intensity for the whole game which we haven't seen since 2011. We need to repeat that week after week for the next month before I  think we are the real deal but more optimistic than I have been for a while.

The crux of the matter, and you said it yourself, it was only Dunfermline. We did last night what Rangers should always be doing to lower league opposition. It's a great result, and progress considering we haven't been for so long - but we did little more than exactly what we should have last night. 

Saturday, the Old Firm game and our ability to win everything in between them is what counts. Positive signs, but we've done nothing yet. Keep up the high tempo & combination passing, the hunger & desire, continue to take our chances when we step up a level and tighten up down the flanks and in the middle of the park and we're onto a winner. 

Just now, Vanoli said:

The crux of the matter, and you said it yourself, it was only Dunfermline. We did last night what Rangers should always be doing to lower league opposition. It's a great result, and progress considering we haven't been for so long - but we did little more than exactly what we should have last night. 

Saturday, the Old Firm game and our ability to win everything in between them is what counts. Positive signs, but we've done nothing yet. Keep up the high tempo & combination passing, the hunger & desire, continue to take our chances when we step up a level and tighten up down the flanks and in the middle of the park and we're onto a winner. 

That's more or less what he was getting  at. 

9 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The pleasing thing for me is 2 games on the bounce an early goal has been scored, too many times last season we laboured and soon found ourselves a goal down, get out the traps early and blow teams away, break their resistance early and the games in theory should become easier to win.

It's also pleasing that the 8 goals scored from Sunday have been shared from the front to the back, the ability to score goals from all over the park was severely lacking last season, I'm not getting carried away as I have witnessed to many false dawns over the years but we certainly look to be heading in the right direction.

Yes... however...

Sometimes we have scored early goals previously and that's been it. The game has been boring from there on. 

One other thing to add is that we came out the traps in the second half too... and continued running. Yeah, some players looked tired towards the end, but it was good to see the full team committed in each half. 

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

yup, I totally agree Vanoli - but the feeling is different - a feeling that this is gonna be a fantastic season despite us not being the finished article.

That Dunfermline team put Hearts out the cup and have scored 13 goals in 4 games... that's a team we would have struggled to beat this time last year

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

I know my throat is killing me this morning! :angrywillie:

It was brilliant. I loved every single minute. I sincerely hope we've turned the corner but I'm too scared to believe we have. 

Cos in the last 5 years we keep getting knocked back down. No other support would do what we do. Last night was just utterly joyful and we deserve it.  :dance:

(Yes I know it was Dunfermline blah blah blah before mr pessimist comes on)

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Cos in the last 5 years we keep getting knocked back down. No other support would do what we do. Last night was just utterly joyful and we deserve it.  :dance:

(Yes I know it was Dunfermline blah blah blah before mr pessimist comes on)

too late, he's here 

8 minutes ago, OhW said:

Just as much of an overreaction as the "Pedro out" crew after Progres.