*****Official Ross County vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Guest Lloyd72

We need to get a striker in this week somehow or it will be more of the same as County will sit with 10 behind the ball and play on the counter attack.

The stating 11 from yesterday just don't have the skill to unlock tight defences and I can't see anyone else right now who will make much difference in the squad.

If Pedro wants to survive this season he really needs to change his mind on signing another striker cause Herrera and Miller won't cut it in terms of goals.

We need to win this one. Pedro really needs to win this game.

Our players need to be on their game, defeat is unacceptable.

We may well get better results away from home until the team learns to handle the pressure of playing in front of a packed Ibrox. 

Hopefully they'll have got used to  playing at Ibrox, in time for the taigs visit.??

Loads of one up front options being posted. Against Ross County! :confused:

Fod 

Tav    Cardoso Alves  Beerman

Jack    

Candieas      Dorrans         Windass

Morelos    Hardie 

We need to go and attack, need to start scoring goals. 

No Miller please.

59 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

My guess is we will win convincingly and everyone will be loving Pedro again...

Nothing surer. I was thinking this myself earlier.

Bet we win 3-0 and the threads pop up everywhere about giving him a chance and getting behind the team when all it's done is paper over the cracks and create another false dawn.

That said, I'd still take it right now. Give me it. 

59 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

We need to get a striker in this week somehow or it will be more of the same as County will sit with 10 behind the ball and play on the counter attack.

The stating 11 from yesterday just don't have the skill to unlock tight defences and I can't see anyone else right now who will make much difference in the squad.

If Pedro wants to survive this season he really needs to change his mind on signing another striker cause Herrera and Miller won't cut it in terms of goals.

The business with '10 sitting in' is a fallacy.

We take so long to get the ball down the pitch that even the slowest in leg & wit will be back.

The left hand side has come in for a lot of stick across the threads in the forum (quite rightly), but the right is not much better.

Most normal teams use their FB to get the winger/RM away (I'll exclude Danny Alves from this).

We get Candeias to the goal line, at which point he has to turn & give it back to Tav to float one in.

By which time the last 2 opposition forwards are back in the box & keeping us at bay.

It's so slow & it's so predictable.

Tav should set Candeias away & get up to help if Candeias gets held up - end of.

He shouldn't be Candeias's out ball as a matter of routine, which is what he has become.

55 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Fod 

Tav    Cardoso Alves  Beerman

Jack    

Candieas      Dorrans       Windass

Morelos    Hardie 

That would be my team too assuming no new signings.

Doubt Pedro will agree though.....

Guest Lloyd72

Wes

Tavernier  Cardoso  Alves  Wallace 

Candeias Jack Dorrans

Pena

Hardie     Morelos