Tynecastle's new stand?

dougie76

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, cushynumber said:

this is a photo of my old high school in Paisley - now long gone. the resemblance is uncanny.

school.jpg

:lol: Aye reminded me of Largs Academy too, the guy who designed it learned his trade under a high school architect by the looks of it

largs-academy13849526471562646753.jpg

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Is that Kilbowie park? Or was it "new" Kilbowie?

Was always New Kilbowie Park, but everyone just called it Kilbowie. The first all seater stadium in the UK, part of which was funded by them selling a certain Mr D. Cooper to us. 

When I wasabout 11 or 12  I wasn't allowed to go to Rangers away games so instead me and some mates would jump on the then "blue train" from Garscadden down to Singer station and go and watch Clydebank playing other wee teams four or five times a season. 

FFS that's horrendous, only marginally less ugly than the breezeblock and MDF that's now hidden behind banners at the piggery.

Looks to me like they've tried to emulate the "glass curtain" look of the Emirates or the quadrants at Old Trafford, but on a budget of £299.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Was always New Kilbowie Park, but everyone just called it Kilbowie. The first all seater stadium in the UK, part of which was funded by them selling a certain Mr D. Cooper to us. 

When I wasabout 11 or 12  I wasn't allowed to go to Rangers away games so instead me and some mates would jump on the then "blue train" from Garscadden down to Singer station and go and watch Clydebank playing other wee teams four or five times a season. 

Shame what happened to Clydebank, seen some of them in their later years when they groundshared in Greenock.

Think my uncle took me to Kilbowie when i was a kid, it was like bench seats if i remember correctly